1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Blue Prophet Prediction League - Post Season

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, May 9, 2016.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Now onto the final stage of this year's BPPL season - our four Div II PlayOff contenders will battle it out to join Barry Tiger and William5551 in the top tier next season. They will be looking to Sayer, winner of the format two seasons ago, as inspiration as what can be achieved by winning. For the first time the final will be over two legs (the Championship and FA Cup finals) to fall in line with the rest of head to head fixtures. Now onto the ties -

Stevodinho vs Taff the Fish
    An intriguing opening tie for this year Playoffs as two former First division players hope to return to the promised land. Both are looking to become the first player to make a straight return to the top tier despite Taff being relegated two seasons ago. This is the perfect response to the disappointment of relegation and despite been pipped to the two automatic spots, both will fancy their chances of winning the prize at the end. Stevo may have finished 3rd but he'll have to be wary of Taff's joint divisional high number of CS's.

FrankfurterBlue vs Rumney Bluebird
    What a difference 12 months makes for @FrankfurterBlue. This time last year Frankfurter was scorching into the Playoffs on the back of a last day CS before incinerating Danablu with another two 3 pointers. The hot form continued into this season but after spending the entire time in the automatic spots, he tragically slipped out on the last day. What difference will that make to Frankfurter's performance? He also 6 CS's over the course of the season but only 1 after our early season draw with Brighton. @Rumney Bluebird is a relatively unknown quantity, enjoying a successful debut season. But after beating off Sparks for a PlayOff spot, he can surely surprise Frankfurter.

And the fixtures -

Friday 13th May 2016 - Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton (19:45)
    Saturday 14th May 2016 - Derby vs Hull (12:30)
    Monday 16th May 2016 - Brighton vs Sheffield Wednesday (19:45)
    Tuesday 17th May 2016 - Hull vs Derby (19:45)

Scoring Format
    Result - The same as normal (3 pts for a CS and 1 for a CR)
    Goal Scorers - Name the scorers to match the prediction (1 point for each to a maximum of 3 points and an additional 1 points for the exact situation)
    Yellow Card (Both teams) - 1 point if within 1 (+/-) of the correct figure or exact.
    First Goal Scorer - Indicate the player you think will score first (1 point) Even if you predict no goals, select a player.
    Tiebreaker - In the case of a draw, the tiebreaker will be used to decide the winner. It will be the total number of goals for both sides over the two ties. Closest to the actually number goes through.

Can you please PM me your predictions!

We'll also be following the Capaldi Cup Final later as well!. The rest of you are free to have a go and use this as a thread for discussion if you want.

Good Luck <ok>

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Blimey, I best do some research on these! :emoticon-0104-surpr

3. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Bugger the research! Whack it out as you go along!!!
    However, one question, Mr Sheep, please........
    Tiebreaker - In the case of a draw, the tiebreaker will be used to decide the winner. It will be the total number of goals for both sides over the two ties. Closest to the actually number goes through.
    Should this be total number of goals for all four sides"?

4. Blue Sheep

It's the total number of goals scored across the four ties, by all the sides, in comparison to the total number of goals you've predicted across the four ties. Hope that helps, any other questions or stupid things that I've written that you don't understand, please don't hesitate to ask <ok>

5. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Haha, beat me to it. I can only name about 3 players in each side!

May the best man win <ok>

6. FrankfurterBlue

The BBC has a very good site you know! You get to know all the squad and what they are up to. But it doesn't get you promoted, of course!!!!

7. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Good Luck Lads

8. FrankfurterBlue

Good luck to all..... even me!
    Mr Sheep, can we drop our predictions on here at any time, or do we need to PM them to you? I seem to recall we did so last year but I can't remember how to right now!!!

9. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Blue, I dropped you a 'conversation' with my 1st prediction. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Not sure if the 'conversation' is a pm?

10. Blue Sheep

I'm pretty sure you've managed to send me one in the past? The message icon next to where you get notifications in the top right of the page. <ok>

11. FrankfurterBlue

Mr Sheep... I certainly have .... but age does not come alone and I will need to get it sorted as we go. I certainly didn't use the natty little knob at the top right. But I shall this time.

12. Blue Sheep

Just reached half time in the Playoff semi finals -

@Stevoldinho 5 - 5 @taffthefish
    Nothing separates these two after the opening fixtures in a high scoring match. Steveo had managed to edge the tie in tie in his favor after last nights win for Wednesday but Taff evened things up this afternoon. Both managed to correctly predict that Abel Hernadez would open the scoring for Hull but Taff backed a Hull win compared to Stevo's draw.

@FrankfurterBlue 0 - 1 @Rumney Bluebird
    All the points clearly spent in the other semi - final, wild predicting meaning that Rumney reaches HT with only a single point lead despite Frankfurter missing his opening prediction. A let off for Frankfurter who could have had a big mountain to climb if Rumney had managed to get more than the single point for yellows cards yesterday evening. Both couldn't managed a singe point between them from this afternoon's match so still all to play for!

The returns legs are on Monday and Tuesday next week.

Stevoldinho and BluefromBridgend like this.
  13. FrankfurterBlue

What a mess! Well played Rumney for keeping it interesting. I just got the date wrong for the first match. I have to say, even my missed prediction would have been completely wrong.... and we would be where we are. Good luck to all.

14. Rumney Bluebird

Rumney Bluebird Active Member

At least you have an excuse, i actually predicted and got it all wrong, good luck in the next games

15. Blue Sheep

Not a point to be found from tonight's game, leaving everything to be settled tomorrow. <ok> The FFB/Rumney game looks to the be entering the record books as the lowest scoring match across 4 legs ever. <doh>

16. FrankfurterBlue

Well! When the team thst finishes 15 points ahead of the other goes down so badly, it's a wonder that we got the 1 point between us. Can't think what Stevo and Taff are on!

17. Rumney Bluebird

I have no idea how i am still winning this leg, thought i completely blew it

18. FrankfurterBlue

LOL....... looking at current score, you should win it by a country inch, Rumney....unless I get some yellow card point and force a tie breaker. In which case, LOOK OUT, I'm coming for yer!!!!
    Truly, we are plumbing the depths of prediction mediocrity. And that sentence is wotrht a poitnalone, Mr Sheep :)

19. Rumney Bluebird

I was hoping for yellow cards as well, thats when I knew I was desperate

20. FrankfurterBlue

well unless I got a scorer or there were 5 yellows, you go through, Rumney, with an aggregate score of something close to 1, from both of us! But let me not anticipate the judgement of Mr Sheep, Blue thereof! On such a performance, Taff or Stevo should be given a walkover. Hopeless! I always said the playoffs are a lottery and this proves it. Good night all, from Slovenia!