1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Blue Prophet Prediction League - Division II Playoffs

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, May 3, 2015.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Onto the concluding chapter of the 14/15 BPPL season then. At least this doesn't involve predicting how much ****e Slade can string out of a Cardiff performance! <laugh> And after last's season inconvenient Premier League fixtures clash, which lead to a random assortment of games to predict, this years Playoffs will follow the simple round of the Championship Playoffs once more. So now onto the contestants, competing for a spot in the top tier! (3rd vs 6th and 4th vs 5th)

Danablu vs FrankfurterBlue
    On paper this year there is a standout favorite in the Div II playoffs. With 6 more points and the highest CS tally in this years competition, you feel Danablu is a step above the others. After a year in the wilderness of the bottom half this is a successful return to the Playoffs where he will be looking to make amends for his first round thumping by Sparkey two years ago. If there is one thing you'd think would be in Frankfurter's favor it would be momentum after his last day CS to secure this playoff berth. However, the only player to outscore Frank on Saturday was actually Dana (4 points to 3). This could be a tough debut for Frankfurter but perhaps he will relish being the underdog.

Mustyfrog vs Hampshire Blue

Back to back Playoff campaigns for Musty represents two successful seasons predicting and whilst last year he only just made it in, Musty has rarely left the Playoff berths this season. Whether he can take one step further than last year, where he only just exited at the hands Ninian, is another question. In his way stands Hampshire, looking to make sure that Musty doesn't become the first Jack to predict in Division I. Unlike the other tie, nothing separates these two, both with a tally of 30 points - with Hampshire's season being built upon a mammoth tone of CR's. This could go either way!

And the games they shall be predicting -

FRI 8 MAY - Brentford vs Middlesbrough (19:45)

SAT 9 MAY - Ipswich Town vs Norwich City (12:15)
    FRI 15 MAY - Middlesbrough vs Brentford (19:45)
    SAT 16 MAY - Norwich City vs Ipswich Town (12:15)

The winners shall then predict the Playoff Final (25th May)

And there is a slightly different way of scoring in these matches, so read below!

Result - The same as normal (3 pts for a CS and 1 for a CR)
    Goal Scorers - Name the scorers to match the prediction (1 point for each to a maximum of 5 points and an additional 1 points for the exact situation)
    Yellow Card (Both teams) - 2 points if exact number and 1 point if within 2 (+/-) of the correct figure
    First Goal Scorer - Indicate the player you think will score first (1 point) Even if you predict no goals, select a player.
    Tiebreaker - In the event of tie at the end of the four fixtures please can you predict
    the total number of goals for the four fixtures. Doesn't need to match your predictions but can!

Can you please PM me your predictions!

The rest of you are free to have a go and use this as a thread for discussion if you want.

Good Luck <ok>

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Brentford 2 Middlesborough 0 (Pritchard and Gray). Bamford if Boro net. Yellows - 2-2. Pritchard 1st scorer.

Ipswich 0 Norwich 2 (Jerome and Johnson). Murphy if Ipswich net. Yellows - 3-2. Jereme 1st scorer

Boro 1 (Adoma) Brentford 1 (Gray). Yellows - 3-3. Adoma 1st scorer

Norwich 3 (Jerome, Redmond and Holt) Ipswich 0. Murphy if Ipswich net. Yellows 2-3. Redmond 1st scorer.

3. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

WOW! I'm playing with the big boys at the end of the season!!!!.
    Mr Sheep, am I right in assuming I can make my predictions one at a time so long as they are before the start of the match. Given I know the square root of f*** all about these teams. I may like to see how the first leg goes before committing to the other. Then again, I got to the play-offs on the same basis so maybe it doesn't matter.
    Best of luck to all anyway.

4. Blue Sheep

Yes Frankfurter, you can predict the games in any order and time up to KO <ok>

5. danablu

danablu Active Member

Wondered the same thing as Frank Definately an advantage to predict one leg at a time

But in all fairness to Hampshire is there a way you can hide his prediction. No point giving
    a Jack a head start He may even want to change it now his cover is blown

All the best Bluey and you will be hearing from me shortly

6. Blue Sheep

I'll copy and delete the comment. You can change your prediction at anytime also!

7. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Good Luck Boys

8. FrankfurterBlue

Mr sheep, I hope my predictions are coming through to you!!! I can't see where to do PMs except via the 'Start a conversation' button. Hope that is correct. If not, it's a bit of a bugger after my correct score last night.....although everything else was well wide of the mark!!!

9. FrankfurterBlue

Apologies for the lower case letter in Sheep

10. Blue Sheep

The scores after the first legs then -

Danablu 1 - 7 FrankfurterBlue

Here's a shock for you, Frankfurter is taking Danablu to the cleaners! The Smoggies extra time winner last night took the three points away from Dan and gave them straight to the German based predictor. And again this morning, Dana is a goal away from the CS but Frankfurter is spot on - meaning that he has now predicted the CS three games on the bounce and the momentum is well and truly with him. Can Dana mount a comeback or will Frankfurter complete the rout?

Mustyfrog 0 - 5 Hampshire Blue

Musty fails to predict the first legs and Hampshire takes full advantage with a CS in the East Anglican Derby this lunchtime. This puts him well in charge of the tie and it's going to take something special from Musty to see him through to the final.

11. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

damn I didn't even know

12. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

sent a PM Sheep however did not do the total goals as I just found out the results of the first legs

13. danablu

danablu Active Member

Just posted my predictions On a hiding to nothing here
    Hoping that Frank draws a Blank. All I neeed then is 2 perfect scores
    All the best to you Sausage Man.Are you related to Whiffletree by any chance ??

14. FrankfurterBlue

Did mine a little earlier Dana!!!! Just as much chance of bugger all as there is of a full house. But the ride is fun indeed. Don't know what I would do in the heady heights of a play-off final let alone a term in the top side. it's more fun down in the lower leagues.......demented or what?
    No relation to Whiffle, I don't think....but who knows....my dad did have a bike!!!!
    All the best to all from the Moselle river!!

15. FrankfurterBlue

7 minutes left...what chance a consolation goal for Brentford!!!!!!

16. Blue Sheep

Sorry about the delay but here are the final results from the semi-finals -

Danablu 3 - 10 FrankfuterBlue

Frankfuter comes within a goal of the right scoreline twice this weekend as he secures his place in the final. Despite a low three points in the 2nd legs, the work was done after those two CS's last week and it even looked like he may be on course to break the record (14 pts). This means that it is back to the drawing board for Dana despite ending only two points of an automatic promotion slot and having a highly successful campaign. Frankfurter will be hoping that the momentum that saw him into the playoffs on the final day of the season continues into the final.

Mustyfrog 5 - 10 Hampshire Blue

Musty does manage to save some face this weekend, actually managing to avoid the lowest points tally this year, but it is a case of what could have been after missing the predictions for the first leg. Hampshire seals an efficient victory with a CS in the the East Anglican derby and levels his tally of 10 with the other finalist, Frankfurter. After back to back semi - finals exits, Musty will be looking to avoid the playoff lottery next season and secure one of the automatic slots. Hampshire continues to his first final after a successful playoff debut.

So commiserations to our losing Semi - finalists,
    Danablu and Mustyfrog <applause>

This means that for the first time we will have a 5th vs 6th Playoff Final, as FrankfurterBlue takes on Hampshire Blue as they predict -

Middlesborough
    vs Norwich City (25th May 2015) <ok>

17. Blue Sheep

It is also worth remembering that Masky and BluefromBridgend will also be facing each other on Monday after their Capaldi Cup semi final ended in a 1 -1 draw. Can the Masked Man, after a disappointing league campaign, halt First Division Champion Bfb march to a historic double? The winner will face Irish, who has already reached the final after dumping out Remote.

This Knock Out competition has been named after the most useless left back that I have had the pleasure of watching during my time as a City fan. I imagine some of you can think of some worse. Tony had the honor of representing Cardiff 62 times between 2007 - 2010 and scored zero times. May track him down to present the cup to the winner <laugh>

please log in to view this image

18. Blue Sheep

<cracker><cracker> Hampshire Blue is the 14/15 Playoff Champion!!!! <cracker><cracker>

FrankfurterBlue 1 - 3 Hampshire Blue

Hampshire succeeds in putting the breaks on Frankfurter's Div 1 charge, clinically picking up points for a Norwich win and Jerome scoring the first goal whilst Frankfurter could only muster a point from Jerome's goal. With only a single point separating these two after the regular season and both achieving the same score in their respective semi - finals, this match was always going to be close. For Frankfurter, another season in the second tier awaits after a thrilling finale that saw him snatch the last playoff place with a CS on the final day and destroy Danablu in the resulting semi - final. Hampshire meanwhile will be delighted to have a go at predicting in the Top Tier next season.

Also,
    BluefromBridgend will meet Irishbluebird in the Capaldi Cup Final next Sunday after Bfb achieved a 2-1 win over Masky in Overtime. <ok>

19. FrankfurterBlue

Well unless Hampshire made the same guess as I did for winner, that's me left where I should be. Indeed, I reckon even if he did not make any guess we would have the same score!!!!

20. FrankfurterBlue

OOPs...should have read the previous post before writing anything. Can only blame enthusiasm and too much vino at the BBQ!!!!!!