1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Blame Game

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Shawswood, Oct 22, 2014.

?

Who is mostly to blame?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2014.
  1. HR

54.4%
  2. TF

49.1%
  3. AT

14.0%
  4. PB

21.1%
  5. MH

15.8%
  6. NW

5.3%
  7. Glenn Hoddle

5.3%
  8. Mike Rigg

8.8%
  9. T&C

8.8%
  10. Players in general

15.8%
  11. Coaching Staff

12.3%
  12. The Footballing Gods

19.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Which of the following, in your opinion, should shoulder most of the blame for the predicament that QPR as a club is currently in?

TF
    HR
    AT
    PB
    MH
    NW
    Mike Rigg
    Glenn Hoddle
    T&C
    Players in general
    Coaching staff
    The Footballing Gods

Edit; You can make more than one choice

2. DT Footspa

DT Footspa Well-Known Member

Good idea but IMO it has to be TF, HR and PB

Track record so far IMO

3. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

It's hard to put the blame on HR without also blaming TF, but, as the question says 'shoulder most blame', I'll stick with HR.

4. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

I would like to complain, I can only vote once for PB.

Can you please fix this poll so I get the result I want.

Spot on DT. :emoticon-0166-cake:

5. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Which predicament?

The debt?
    The performances?
    The league position?
    Taarabtgate?
    The farcical nature of everything that comes out of the club?

Not easy to assign the burden of responsibility but here goes:-

Debt:- I'll give this as 75% TF and 25% Flav and Bernie. In simple terms, the amount of TV revenue that was pocketed prior to the club being sold compared to the debt generated since. The late sale caused the panic buying that has been a mainstay ever since although it would just be panic without the buying without our current owners participation (and it would be questionable whether we'd be worse off in terms of league status without the expenditure).

Performances:- I'll give this 40% HR, 40% current coaching staff and 20% current players. This is for the plan (and motivation to execute each performance), the training of the plan and the delivery of it.

The league position:- 50% HR and 50% current players. There's one to inspire before and 12 to inspire during (including the aforementioned one).

Taarabtgate:- 75% Taarabt, 25% HR. His best route to fitness is by playing matches (he loves football) and so he needs to be involved. The reason that I wrote that ascribes the 75% with the guy that could knuckle down and do something about it. The cutting off our nose to spite our face gives the 25% to HR.

The farcical nature of everything that comes out of the club:- I will save myself the hassle and list those that may have made the odd mistake but haven't ever caused me to squirm, caused embarrassment or had me trying to defend the ridiculous:-

Hill, Ned, Austin, Dunne, Henry, YSY, all the new signings except Rio and Sandro, all the neglected youth team, Amit, anyone at the club who earns less than 40K per year (NOT week) and the coaching staff with no matchday involvement.

6. ashbyhoops

ashbyhoops Member

This all day long

7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Spot on, Matt

8. DT Footspa

Taarabt is just a dim footballer like him or not … The open environment created by the club esp TF and HR (motormouth) can't really complain if the milk turns sour using the same principles.

My thoughts … Our laundry has been made public by who?

9. RichardRanger

RichardRanger Active Member

I really wish that they would all put a sock in it - whilst we are all obviously QPR junkies that they need to feed, so could argue that we are part of the problem too - why do certain parties fill the constant urge to alleviate themselves on Social Media/Press.

10. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

For me:-

50% HR for his attitude, apparent disinterest, media complaints, player fitness levels, team selections & substitutions.

50% TF for despite obvious unease continuing to stick with HR and not pulling the plug - the Wembley victory would have been the perfect opportunity for HR to bow out gracefully in a blaze of glory, and TF could have brought in a new management team to guide us through pre-season training and build for our long-term future. There were qualified candidates available; Tony Pulis, David Moyes, Chris Hughton, Tim Sherwood and even Steve McClaren might have been tempted back. Like everyone else, with that magical Wembley OBZ moment, TF was just so wrapped up with our promotion back to the Premier League to think logically, rationally and consider other possible options.

For myself, the last straw for TF should have been HR's recent bizarre comments relating to the "stupid" Les Ferdinand appointment and the Taarabt "3 stone overweight" interview.

Despite the encouraging Liverpool performance, where HR, Bond & Jordan finally appeared to display some sort passion for the team effort, if we are once again unable to secure a win and 3 pts against Villa, I think TF should act, to allow the necessary time for an incoming management team to properly assess the capabilities of the current the squad of players, prior the January transfer window opening, and then strengthen the squad accordingly.

In our past two Premier League experiences when Neil Warnock for dumped for Mark Hughes (late Dec), who was in turn dumped for HR (late Nov), each of the incoming managers ended up making rash January transfer decisions/choices.

11. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

I blame spongebob

12. loomo

loomo Active Member

Has to be harry and tony

13. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

I blame Harry he is the manager and a man of considerable experience in the football world.

Tony and Phil Beard it seems has learned nothing since the Mark Hughes regime.

14. Azmi

Azmi Well-Known Member

Fernandes in the news again: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...-threaten-to-turn-their-back-on-the-team.html

The Caterham announcement read: “After three months of operating the Caterham F1 Team in good faith, the buyer is now forced to explore all its options including the withdrawal of its management team. Lawyers have been instructed by the buyer to bring all necessary claims against all parties, including Mr Fernandes who, as an owner, will run the F1 operation.

“Since the date of the sale, the seller has refused to comply with its legal obligations to transfer their shares to the buyer. The buyer has been left in the invidious position of funding the team without having legal title to the team it had bought.”

15. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The supporters got left out of the blame list. TF listens to us or says he does and shows it sometimes as in his statement yesterday. I think too many supporter are ready to indulge his poor direction and choice of Managers, and 4 word Tweets on each and everything. We let it go as it his money to f*kk us with. Too many are way too gullible in accepting Refknapp's lies and manufactures of the truth as Harry . Too many supporters prefer us in lower leagues, the PL Is not for them. Too many don't recognise the amazing player we have even when he comes on and tries harder and makes more threat to West Ham for 23 minutes than the rest managed all game. We get what we ask for -poor direction, poor Management, drab and boring football normally and too many over the hill players.

16. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Can I tick all the boxes?

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I think so aussie

18. DT Footspa

Forget to add Flyer