1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the big switch- next season?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by portmanpaul, May 8, 2011.

1. portmanpaul

portmanpaul Member

So the big switch from 606 to not606 is taking shape and I have to say I was never a great user of 606 but am now going to make much more of an effort to get involved here.

In terms of Ipswich Town the only real question is who is going to leave this summer and where we need to strengthen. Obviously people will debate long and hard into the night about it but here are my views, for what they are worth....

Get rid of:

Leadbitter- most town fans would agree that he just isn't up to it anymore. makes few mistakes but does very little in terms of incisive play, such as assists or goals. also his set-pieces are awful. its a shame as it looked like he had much potential and I still actually think that he will improve and get back to the form he originally showed.

Priskin- Just too hit and miss. With performances like the one against arsenal it looks as though he is destined for the premier league but there are just too many lacklustre performances and we have to give up hope on him being the man to get us 20+ goals a season

Scotland- He has to go if he is going to be our main striker. Is unfit and extremely slow. Having said that I do believe that there has been glimpses of his quality in terms of finishing, hold up play and bringing others into the game. If Jewell were to get two strikers in then I wouldnt have a problem with him staying but he is probably on big wages so we should just cut our losses.

Norris- I am not saying that I want him to go but it looks as though this will happen. This is a tricky one because no-one can argue that he does add something- determination, energy, commitment and also 11 goals. However his basic footballing skills are not good enough to be are main central midfield and it is his partnership with Leadbitter which is one of the main weaknesses in our team. Would like him to stay but needs good footballers around him but it seems as though he is off.

Now I honestly believe that is all we need to get rid of, making wholesale changes is not what we need. We have to make sure we keep hold of McAuley (looking unlikely) as I believe he has been our most consistant performers for a while and we should not look too far into the recent mass of goals conceded.

So, where do we need to improve.

Left back (Kennedy too injury prone, need some legs there)
    Right back (Like Edwards a lot but we cant rely on him all season. I also think Jaime Peters has been the most unlucky player in our squad)
    central midfield (Bullard)
    Right/left wing (more pace and threat, wickham isnt a winger, martin has shown glimpses)
    2 strikers

As Jewell has said we need about 5-6 players and this is where I think we need to add. If this were to happen I am extremely optimistic about a memorable season next year.

Thanks alot.