1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The best of the rest at Christmas!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by A1 Horn, Dec 23, 2018.

1. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Well, we’d have taken that at the start of the season fellow ‘Orns, wouldn’t we? Top of the mini league outside the top 6 and ahead of Muff and Silva the Snake at Christmas. Keep it going into the second half of the season boys! Happy Christmas!

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Yes a good place to be …. and the strongest position since we have been in the Prem this time.....

COYH!

3. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

The commentator of the Everton v Spurs match said that 7th should get a trophy at the end of the season. He only said it once, and that was when Everton were leading.

4. If we could win tonight that would be 30 points at the halfway stage. Incredible really and shows just how good s season we are having. Of course Xavi's main challenge now is making sure we don't have our annual slump but things do seem to be different this season. Can't wait for the match now!

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  5. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Shows what a sorry state the competetiveness of the EPL is in. When Watford finished runners up we lost 15 games that season.

6. I had to look at the league table for that year what with being such a geek.
    The stand out stat for me is Liverpool's goal difference that year - plus 50 with the closest to them being plus 17 <yikes>

7. Hornet-Fez

A case of them actually being that good I reckon...
    I'm not much of a geek, but the top of the league for that season is on one of the billboards in the UGT concourse.:emoticon-0126-nerd::emoticon-0100-smile

Deleted....... likes this.
  8. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Spot on A1. And the squad is getting stronger as in fit players. I think the slump will not happen for two reasons:

1. The suad has never been deeper (as far as I can recall)
    2. Javi only thinks one game at a time, and while many say that I think he is one of very few who practices what he preaches.
    A long way to go but 60 points, it will take some doing, but has to be a realistic target. :emoticon-0140-rofl: But I'll take anything above the toffees :emoticon-0157-sun:

A1 Horn likes this.
  9. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

I don't think the one game at a time mantra is applicable at this time of the year as there is so little rest time between games. ( i know, in the old days players would play on Christmas Day, break a leg, then still turn out for the reverse fixture on Boxing day and score a hat-trick.) I wonder if Javi is thinking of Janmaat at right back against Newcastle to rest Kiko, for example.

10. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

NZ those were the days. "We used to get up 2 hours before we went to bed" - "You were lucky" :emoticon-0105-wink:

I've always liked Janmaat and of course against the Toons I'm sure he'd enjoy it. But there could be others coming back. And I know it is tempting fate but I think theyNewcastle may be cannon-fodder. After a disasterous start they had a little run but that was not against the best and wasn't convincing. When they meet good teams they get thrashed.

My toon mate is certainly not looking forward to it and still thinks rele is a very real possibility for them. I would like to see Success get more than 15 mins but that isn't going to happen with the front two at the moment doing a great job. If anything I think Duelofeu is getting better. He seems to be playing the pass rather than taking on one more man too many Stewart Scullion style. I'm sure looking forward to it.

Hope you get to see it NZ but I guess a very early start <cheers>

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018

11. Hornet-Fez

I'm sure the lads will feel that they owe them one given the manner of the defeat in Newcastle.

12. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Also how Benitez keeps saying it'll be a miracle if they stay up can't do much for the players´ confidence.

13. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Still best of the rest at Easter and a Cup Final to boot! COYH!

Markthehorn likes this.
  14. yorkshirehornet

As good as we would have hoped for..
    Great Times to be a Watford fan...
    COYH!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Deleted....... likes this.
  15. It's fantastic eh? Best thing is the attitude and spirit of the team - they fight for everything. Four extremely interesting matches between now and the final!

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  16. yorkshirehornet

I am also able to get to the wolves game next weekend.. Now if we can win against wolves and Southampton.. Both games in which we could expect to do so.. We will be in a strong position do seventh.

Mlle does not quite understand that if we are in Europe it will be midweek games in the middle of Europe in the autumn.. Not an easy call from North of Leeds!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

17. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Annoying that Everton seem to be hitting form - at home anyway .

Mind you Man U have been rubbish .