1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

So - you paid £15 to watch The Gills 'practise' - but did you sell your ticket for £180 ?
    Yesterday I watched a bit of the Open golf ( on TV ). I didn't feel a bit sorry for the players for having horrible weather - that's their job - they get good money for it. I did had a little sympathy and empathy for the fans - most of us know what it's like to be at Priestfield on a cold night in February, ( 28.2.2012 ), watching Gills v Hereford in a dull L2 game ( well - most of us know ! ) ------- but,
    Any sympathy I had for the fans suffering the gale and lashing rain, soon disappeared after speaking to my older son in the evening..... He likes to buy and sell tickets for sport and other events - and makes a tidy sum selling them on - ( that's not when he's getting banned from betting sites for making too much money !! ) -- anyway -
    My son told me that he has already bought several tickets for all 4 days of next year's Open golf ( at Sandwich ). He will sell them on - without a problem - and pocket a load of cash. He also bought 2 tickets for the practise days BEFORE the real competition. These were £15 each. Within hours of his purchase, my son has sold these practise tickets for £180 each ! He expects to make a killing on the 'competition' day tickets ---- so, if you paid £15 to watch The Gills practise, don't worry, you're not mad - well compared with golf fans.

2. alwaysright

Whatever happened to "No sex please - we're British ?"
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49131065

I 'm no prude - and [ as any linesman will tell you ], I occasionally curse - but - I refuse to watch anything with gratuitous violence, sex or swearing --- I can do enough of that for myself ! ---- OK - that statement isn't totally correct -- but -- I find that shallow forms of entertainment boring (( not quite as bad as soaps, reality television or so-called 'talent' programs.)). If a story line has to be heavily dependent on shouting, swearing, violence or flesh, then it tells me that the main event hasn't got a story line worth the bother.

if you think that this is rubbish....... I have spared you my thoughts on another news article - involving penis 'fillers' (( very big syringe )).......... I would have titled it " Never mind the quality feel the width " (( I expect grumpygit will be too old to still remember that program )).......... ok - I'll give you a bit of help - it featured a Jewish tailor ---quite apt as if the penis filling goes wrong you can end up with an unkind cut and an unwanted circumcision -

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  3. alwaysright

What the hell am I on at this time of the day ? Has anyone got a vuvuzela for sale - I'll pay a good price. I need it in the next few minutes!

.....Last year a piece of land behind my back garden was developed. A detached house was built thereon. The new occupant are morons - well, actually to be precise - inconsiderate morons.
    Every, E V E R Y evening they spend MANY hours in their garden with VVEERRRYY L - O - U - D music - which goes on and on and on --- and in the case of last night - it has only just stopped. Whilst this noise takes place, the idiots and their stupid guests have to shout at each other to make themselves heard. The noise even drowns out the horrible YAPPING from the owners two vveerrryy yyaappppyy dogs --- well, when I say two dogs - they're the sort that if you stitched them together, they wouldn't make one half decent sized dog !
    The party that took place two nights ago ended with an empty beer bottle half way into my garden (( I wouldn't have minded if it had been full ! )). There is no point in speaking to these people -- I already know all the four letter words in their vocabulary.
    The Police say that it is a civil nuisance - complain to the Council -- don't make me laugh ! What do they care ?
    I stated, in another post, that I have certain Christian principles of forgiveness (or try to have) -- and this is probably the only thing that is stopping me from exacting revenge -- because, if I wanted to, I could easily make their life more miserable than I make it for a linesman ! --- but where would that get me ?.......... I believe that one of our members has a 'signature' which says something along the lines of ' don't try to reason with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level - and then beat you with their experience.' ..................
    .......... now where's that vuvuzela ?

4. alwaysright

Crime doesn't pay -- I've got less chance of getting bird crap on my head , than poo from flying pigs !

The BBC have just showed a trailer for a program called ' The best little prison in Britain.'
    I was disappointed that it didn't feature instruments of torture - or a regime of hanging, drawing and quartering - or at very least the criminals being locked up in balls and chain. Imagine my horror when I saw the guests being pampered as if in a hotel.
    There is a modern trend to focus on rehabilitation and other chainless- 'balls.' - much time and resources available to murderers, paedophiles, rapists, thugs - and other pillars of our society - whilst the victim is simply left to 'get on with it !

The prison in question - in the trailer (( according to the Governor )),is NOT unique in Britain.

A few days ago I mentioned that I have extensive experience / dealings with the Crown Prosecution Service and the Judiciary system - and I know how difficult it is to end up in prison --and only in extreme situations, prison is NOT the LAST resort. By this time the criminal has usually managed not to be caught on many occasions. Criminals will have had MANY chance to reform - without being locked up. These 2nd, 3rd, 4th Nth chances will have been wasted - and the number of their victims have increased By this time it is appropriate to consider that criminals need to be punished.

if YOU, or a member of your family was a victim of crime - and possibly a victim of repeated crime of a criminal - I would defy more than 1 out of 10 of you to be happy that the criminal was going to be treated as if in a holiday camp.
    .......... crime doesn't pay !! --- can somebody pass me a tissue - I've got pig **** on my head

edit - don't bother reading the link - I just wanted to say that this lady is talking 'pretty ' (( what do you expect at 5.56 am ))
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49213743

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  5. alwaysright

I should still be in bed ------------------- getting no encouragement from ms alwaysright...................
    ....... Up The Gills

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

How many of you remember Maquire at Sheffield United when we played them........well you watched what is now the Worlds record signing....as if you needed any more proof that football has completely lost the plot!

8. alwaysright

" ..................This day can only get worse if Gills lose after taking the lead !" -- why the Hell am I alwaysright ?........... at least I didn't leave a £tenner behind at the cashpoint !

On my visit to Gillingham yesterday, I needed to get something in the High Street. Unfortunately, I wasted my time because the shop was closed -- but at least I wasn't wasting my time by trying to sweep the roads in the gale force wind - which is exactly what the Corporation roadsweeper chap was doing.

I also needed to get some bananas - for my mother - whom I was visiting before the game. I had parked in Aldi's - so I quickly popped into the shop, selected a bunch of bananas and queued up. There were only two tills open - and the queues were quite long. A woman (( not a looker )) joined my queue behind me, and plonked her stuff on the conveyer belt. It consisted of 6 loaves of bread and a tray of 15 eggs. In an effort to relieve the boredom, I said to her " Is it all round to yours for scrambled eggs on toast?" She didn't reply, but gave me a look to say 'you're not funny' (( I knew that)). I got the impression that this woman was 'foreign' ( looked Eastern European - not that it particularly mattered ). Undaunted by waste of humour, I persisted and said "Oh, we can't come around for scrambled eggs on toast - you haven't got any milk - you'll have to go and get some." I was wasting my time with this woman - she only grunted. At least other people in the queues raised a smile.
    My queue was moving particularly slowly (( sod's law)) - and wasn't helped by Mrs. Snail at the front. When all of her shopping had been encoded by the cashier, he turned to her and said " that will be £ 42.15p" (( I can't remember the exact total)). At this point, Mrs.Snail proceeded to put her shopping into carrier bags -- E V E R S O S L O W L Y ! I couldn't contain myself - I blurted out " Would you like me to help with your packing - while you pay for your shopping ? --- well, at least everyone else appreciated my sense of humour. (( actually 2 people didn't think I was funny -- the woman packing her shopping and the 'foreign' lady )).
    At this point the 'foreign' lady started to pick up her 6 loaves of bread and tray of eggs. In a last ditch effort to get a reaction from her, I said " No, leave your stuff here. I'll look after it while you go and get some milk." She totally ignored me. She picked up her items and walked over to the other queue. ......No - she didn't join the end of it - but went towards the front of the queue and plonked her stuff down among other items for which a chap was waiting to pay. I couldn't help myself. I said to her "What the hell are you doing - there are other people in the queue ahead of you - - you can't just jump in front of them - I don't care if you're in a hurry to get home to make us all scrambled eggs on toast, you've got to wait your turn." The chap she had 'joined' then said "It's alright, she's my wife." (( I had already guessed )). I replied " Well that's alright then. I suppose you're going home in two cars...so it will be 'alright' if you drive side by side and occupy the whole road.!................. and talking about occupying the WHOLE road -
    As I left the car park, I wanted to go straight across, into Franklin Road. There were people using the pelican crossing outside Aldi - and normally this would have given me a chance to drive across the junction -- but I couldn't - why - because Mrs [unfunny] 'foreigner', her 'alright' husband and their two kids decided to cross the road in front of me - instead of using the pelican.... and they walked in a single file - spaced out - occupying the whole road............ anyway, as I continued, I remembered that I needed to get some cash - so I popped into Sainsbury's in Ingram Road to use the atm.
    As I approached the machine, a chap wearing a Gills shirt was leaving it and putting his money into his pocket, and left the store. I took my card from pocket - and was about to insert it - when I saw a £10 note in the cash tray. I realised that the chap had overlooked it. I picked up the cash and went out of the shop ((( no - I wasn't stealing the money ))), and tried to look for the chap - but he had disappeared . I then did the decent thing. I returned to the store and handed in the note - hoping that the chap may return to claim it. (( I keep telling you that my only redeeming quality is my honesty )). I got my money ( and counted it ), before I left the shop.
    As I entered my mum's road , half way along - past the bend, I came across a car in the middle of the road - with it's hazard lights on ( nobody in it ). I couldn't get past because there were cars parked on both sides -- except for the huge gap directly next to the idiot that had dumped his car in the middle of the road........ I had little option but to waste my time waiting for the driver to return - which he did - and didn't even apologise for his stupidity as he THEN parked into the space !! (( It wouldn't have surprised me if the driver was the chap in Aldi )).
    .............. and then I wasted even more time by going to see the game. At least I wasn't that poor chap in Sainsbury -- Gills lose from a winning position & lose £10 in cash on the same day
    .......................... have I told you all that I hate visiting Gillingham ?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. alwaysright

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49318050
    so the police admit to laughing at the comments -- that's because they are jokes.

This person with a hair style that looks funny ( to me ) is a DRUG DEALER - A DRUG DEALER - A DRUG DEALER - A DRUG DEALER - A DRUG DEALER - A DRUG DEALER ---- THE SORT OF PERSON WHO RUINS THE LIVES OF OTHERS FOR PERSONAL GAIN

did I mention that he is a DRUG DEALER
    -- I couldn't care less about his hair - what I care about is the Police making sure that DRUG DEALERS are caught and locked away.

And in case the police are still laughing at the comments about the hair - can I just say that I don't find DRUG DEALERS funny

10. alwaysright

You can't have you cake and eat it !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49350891
    We live in a Britain which [spposedly], has equal rights for everybody. I'm not sure if there is anything that is 'normal'. There are many, many different types of people in our society - with all sorts of different beliefs and preferences --- cosmopolitan is the word for it -- a right Jamboree bag of assorted mixtures. My friends are definitely cosmopolitan - including 'gay' ( I 'like' them - not necessarily their preferences ). One of my best [black] friends insists on me calling him 'Chalky' (( even I cringe when I use the term )).

EVERYONE in Britain is entitled to their democratic 'rights.' Provided their activity is lawful, every Tom, Dick and Harriet can do what they like! That includes Mr. Scally not selling Rainham End tickets to Millwall supporters. Apart from the obvious reason that all Hell would break loose - Mr. Scally can chose to whom he sells tickets for Gills matches -- he doesn't have to have a particular reason for not selling ME a ticket.

The same principal applies to Mr.BAKER or Mr.Butcher, or Mr.Candlestickmaker ! If these retailers do NOT want to sell you their product - or refuse to provide a service - that is their choice. The fact that a customer has a particular sexual orientation, makes no difference ------ although --, in our 'Politically correct' society, we have to be careful NOT to say what we might think --- in case it offends the feelings of 5% of our population --- and 'bugger' the feelings of the other 95% ((( no pun intended ))).

In this story, Mr. Baker is not saying ( and no evidence to suggest ), that he doesn't like the GAY customer - just that he does not wish to provide a 'bespoke' cake. Mr. Baker says that he has no ill will towards the gay customer

---- but the gay customer has done precisely what a lot of paranoid people from minority groups do when they can't get their own way - - they claim persecution - and usually cannot provide any evidence. THIS is a form of reverse bigotry ! ----- and the irony of it all is that they bugger it up for their 'community' when there is genuine persecution (( again - no pun intended - even if it was quite apt )).

Notice to all minority groups - Freedom of choice is for everyone -- now bugger off with your claims of persecution.

11. alwaysright

It's called ' Sportsmanship' -- as we know at Gillingham - it's not ALL about winning
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/triathlon/49355267

The Committee who have disqualified the athletes, are the same as the parking attendants who give tickets to ambulances parked on yellow lines - whilst the paramedics attend to the casualties in the road --- like I said in another post - there is no cure for a lack of commonsense.

12. alwaysright

Like I said in my previous post -- there is no cure for a lack of commonsense !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-49322940

I might ring 999 and ask the Police to stop Gills playing Hoofball ---- I never claimed that I have commonsense (( the fact that I am a Gills fan should give you a clue ))

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  13. alwaysright

Warning to Pegleg
    Y ou are beginning to show the same symptoms as alwaysright ! - I didn't click on the 'Evans Gone' thread -- I guessed it is probably a wind-up --- stop whilst there is hope for you -- failing that, you'll have to try harder

14. alwaysright

......... "But you've opened the packaging - you must have used them !" - you can't get a refund unless the item is returned unused.

At this point I wanted to grab the assistant by the throat and shake some commonsense into her head.

Today I made the mistake of returning two [electric ] bulbs - for a cooker hood, and a night light. When they were purchased on Thursday, the shop didn't have exact replacements in stock. An assistant advised us on compatible replacements --- but one didn't work, and the other was too dim ( but brighter than the idiot to whom I was now talking. )

Today, I returned to the store and explained our situation. I actually commented on the 'helpfulness' of the member of staff last Thursday - who assured me of a no quibble refund if I had any problem ----

..... so I was disappointed to be greeted with - not so much as quibble - but utter stupidity. I had to take a deep breath before responding to the moron who was pointing to the small print on the back of my receipt ------- I had actually scrutinised the receipt before my return to the shop - but dismissed the impractical 'technicalities' of the T & Cs.

I politely told the assistant of what her colleague had promised - but also asked her to think a while on how I was supposed to know if the product was suitable or functional - unless I removed it from its' shrink-packaging, and put the bulbs into an electrical fitting. The assistant screwed up her face - - I believe that having to actually think was proving painful.... After a few moments she said " Oh yeah, I suppose you're right." <yikes><grr> <doh>

a bit of commonsense then prevailed - and I left the shop with my money ---- but, -- (( with cash firmly in hand )), I couldn't help having a last word as I was leaving the customer service desk........................

I said to her " Think yourself lucky I wasn't returning a faulty condom " <laugh>

grumpygit and Resurgam like this.
  15. alwaysright

It didn't take me long to find a couple of idiots today !............... this is especially for grumpygit.

Today, grumpygit accused me of speaking with some sense ---- well -- it's probably because I seem to be on a one-man mission to redress the balance of all the nonsense I face each day --- and today has been no different.

Mrs A and myself went shopping. I drove along an A road in town, on route to the supermarket. I was behind a double-decker bus. There was a [full] parking bay on my nearside. At the end of the bay there was a designated BUS stop - - We all know how looong these are ! -- certainly long enough for buses to park -properly and parallel to the kerb.

I was astonished to see that the bus driver didn't drive into the bus bay. Instead he stopped approximately adjacent to the car parked in the last bay - with the front half at 45 degrees into the bay - and the back half of the bus diagonally across the ENTIRE width of my side of the road. Due to oncoming [busy] traffic, there was no way I could drive around the bus ! -------------- there was absolutely NO reason why the driver had to dump the bus in the middle of the road.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  16. alwaysright

So - we've negotiated idiot No.1 ( bus driver ) --- and now for his cousin.

Having got into the supermarket, we trudged around the aisles (( until we encountered another obstruction )).
    Half way through this exciting episode in my life, Mrs A and I reached the end of one aisle - and were 'turning the corner' - intending to enter the next one - BUT -our progress was impeded by a middle-aged gent - who was in possession of a Large trolley. He was on his own (( or, at least his carer was nowhere to be seen )).

This guy had the trolley completely blocking off the 'next' aisle. He was rocking it forward and back -- just as one would push a baby in a pram. His action made it impossible to negotiate our small trolley past him -- so-- we stopped, and stood waiting for the chap to move out of the way ---- I could have said " Excuse me .... etc..." - but, I didn't want to 'rush' him. I know that he saw us - and I expected that he would stop playing with his trolley, and allow us to pass (( it was obvious to most idiots that this was our intention. )) -- but-- NO, this idiot was Premier League standard. He continued to 'rock' his trolley --- which only caused me to slightly 'dismount my trolley'.
    I decided that the continued stupidity of this idiot only deserved reciprocation - so I had to ask " Is there any chance of getting past - please ?
    The guy stopped his trolley - backed it a few inches - to allow us to pass -- BEFORE - he resumed his 'rocking' and blocking the entrance to that aisle (( no wonder that we found NOBODY else in the aisle )) --- what is up with people ?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  17. alwaysright

But- for unequalled stupidity -- you've got to watch a bit of Judge Judy.

Having returned home from the shop, you'd think that I would have had my fill of idiots for one day ?

After putting the groceries in cupboards, fridge, freezer, Mrs A and I sat with a cup of tea (( it should have been a brandy )), and we watched an episode of Judge Judy--------------- there are some seriously dumb people on this show.

One of the cases involved a woman ( Plaintiff ) who was suing a chap for repayment of thousands of Dollars - paid as a loan. The chap was the Plaintiff's PSYCHIC !!
    The chap claimed that there was an alleged agreement that he would provide Psychic readings / services to pay off the loan. The woman disagreed this claim.
    During the questioning by Judge Judy, it transpired that the chap provided his Psychic services via the telephone !!!! WHAT ???? --- all I can say is that the chap truly is a psychic --- he certainly 'saw' her coming !

18. alwaysright

Another one from Judge Judy
    Involved a driver who was suing a pedestrian - who damaged his car in a road rage incident. The DRIVER did NOT contest that he knocked over a cycle that the pedestrian was WALKING across a PEDESTRIAN CROSSING - along with his 7 yr old and 4 yr old children. The driver claims that the pedestrian got angry after his car FAILED to stop at the pedestrian crossing - and hit the man's bike.

At this point, the pedestrian did concede that he got annoyed - ( lost it ) - and ripped open the driver's door - and bent it back so much that he caused a lot of damage around the hinge area.

The motorist would not accept that the incident was his fault - and that he had driven without due care or consideration. Judge Judy shouted at him - pointing out that the chap was on a pedestrian crossing ( crosswalk ) - with his small children - how could they be blamed for his failure to stop at the crossing ---- the motorist dismissed the judge --- but lost his claim -- and had to pay for a new bike.

19. alwaysright

We're all going on a summer holiday....

It doesn't matter that the house is on fire!
    I'd like to wish all our MPs a lovely break. But - do you deserve it? - you only had one job to do in the last 3 years - to deliver Brexit.
    Now you're all buggering off at the most ridiculous time for the country.

You'd all better go to somewhere in Europe whilst you can.

20. alwaysright

And talking about mad things
    A woman in Merseyside has ' married 'a tree !!
    She claims to be an Eco warrior....I can understand the need to save the planet - I try as best as I can to reduce my consumption of the resources of the planet.... But, apart from the ridiculous nature of marrying a tree ((( good luck with conjugal rights ))), I have to wonder if Mrs. Eldertree isn't a little bit hypocritical ??
    We've all seen the fanatical tree huggers - who chain themselves to these plants -- I wonder if these people stop to contemplate their hypocrisy ??

Do they live in ' normal' houses, wear clothes made from animal skin. Do they drive cars ( burning fossil fuels ) - on ' concrete' roads ? Do they shop in places where the products have millions of miles of carbon footprint ? Etc etc.

Of course, if Mrs Eldertree and all her tree hugging cousins are true to their principles, I expect that she will live in a hole in the ground in the woods - wearing fig leaves - which she can eat - and drinking from the village pond,...
    Somehow, I don't think Mrs Eldertree will take her marriage vows seriously.