1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Dear Mr. Jobsworth - he's only got one leg - the same number of brain cells you possess ( it's a pity you can't even use it )
    ........ it's not compulsory to bang your head on a brick wall after reading this story - it won't help you to see the sense in Mr.Jobsworth.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45358763

grumpygit likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

The stupidity of the game kicks in once again, are they trying to remove all passion from the game!

Regardless of what many Gills supporters may think of Evans the job he has done in these early stages is amazing. I can remember back when many a fan never wanted him at our club, and i absolutely understand that, but no matter what you think of the guy whatever club he has been at, he's brought or should it be bought (i do know the difference) success.

We all complain about not being ambitious enough at this club, but Evans was there for the taking at Mansfield, but our prejudices got in the way, talking from a supporter perspective from than a club financial one (ie this is not aimed at our Chairman). His ambition is to manage Celtic and some how, who knows that day may actually come.

When he (Evans) visits here on the 22nd September, he will get loads of cr*p, i've no complaints about that, because unlike the ref we understand rivalry and passion. No harm will meant towards him, but abuse will be a plenty, despite the politically correct brigades to attempt to teach us otherwise.

At Gillingham if he wants to stand outside the box, let him, we'll throw him some pies ;)

Oh and btw alwaysright, this was probably worthy of a thread on it's own....it would have taken us into their forthcoming visit...which reminds me...

Evans, you Fat Scottish Tanker <laugh> ;)

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  3. alwaysright

brb - On this occasion you are more right than I am. Evans ( as a football manager ), is in the same mould as the Mourino and Fergusons ( Alex ), of this world - hated by everybody whose club these men do not 'manage' - but would love to have them at their club ( if only for the footballing expertise ).

Perhaps Gills fans shouldn't condemn the Evans of this world - lets face it -if M.Scally wasn't our chairmen, how many Gills fans would welcome him in view of his 'history' ?

grumpygit and brb like this.
  4. alwaysright

Try not to laugh ! ( it's ok - nobody got hurt )
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-45515656
    It beggars belief just how poor is the national standard of driving.

Today, I was at a roundabout - waiting patiently as a car was going around ( from my right ). It was signalling to go past my turning - and it was actually being steered as if to go around and past my turning --- until -- at the last moment, it suddenly 'dived' into the road I was in. It was extremely lucky not to have 'rolled over.'.................. still, I suppose it's as well that it wasn't signalling to turn into 'my' road -- and then continue to go around (( and if I trusted the signal and entered the roundabout, it wouldn't have been pretty )...... (( as an experienced motorcyclist you learn to never trust a signal ))

WINDYROG and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Crikey, just watched that video, clearly not a local driver! My guess is the driver didn't know the roundabout was there (through not paying attention to road signs). By then driving at speed to close to the van, the driver was on a blind spot to what was ahead, undercuts and hits the roundabout full on, taking airborne. I noted there was no touch of the brakes, so would i dare to suggest the driver might have been under the influence.

6. brb

brb CR250

Looks like the driver might have touched the brakes looking at a different source, even so the yellow markers on the ground should have been a big indicator to what was ahead.

7. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Actually I would consider him a failure.

I would have liked to have nominated him for a Dawin Award - which commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it. However he apparently failed in the most important aspect.

And we are assuming it's a man - on this occasion anyway.

grumpygit likes this.
  8. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Yep.......an indicator flashing only really means that the bulb is working.......

brb likes this.
  9. WINDYROG

Sadly these 'people' are out there amongst us, breathing our air, reproducing and being able to legally vote.........:-(

brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

Ah voting, a topic you might want to avoid with me, especially as i'm a hardened brexiter, and not for any of the reasons that a lot get tarred with. I could keep you occupied all day over many a beer on my contrary political views. But as i'm sure you all know, like my views with football, i never do 'normal' <laugh>

11. alwaysright

I won't be doing that again !

please log in to view this image
    S0 - WHAT'S WITH THE PICTURE ?
    Well -Sunday morning is not a good time to do the weekly shop !
    I am one of a dying breed of people who always reverses into a parking space - which is what I did today at my local Tesco. When Mrs alwaysright and I returned to the car - with a fully laden trolley, it was physically impossible to push the trolley through the gap between my car and the ones next to it ( to get to the boot )--- in fact the entire line of cars gave no room anywhere along it ! -- and there was even less room in between the lines of cars...... I had no option but to unload all the goods from the trolley , whilst leaving it in the 'roadway' in front of my car --.----- THIS only compounds the problems faced by motorists in supermarket car parks.

I don't specifically mind having to unload the trolley whilst it isn't adjacent to the boot of my car -- but the ridiculously tight spaces only encourages a practise to which I do not subscribe - driving forward into a parking space ( so that the boot is facing the 'roadway' ) - thus forcing a dangerous manoeuvre of reversing out of the space, into the flow of traffic...... this is fraught with danger( having to avoid the out of control kids and the aforementioned trollies )........

......... I suppose it's no wonder that many of the disabled spaces or the parent & child* spaces are filled with drivers of camel and elephant herds !

* 'parent & child' = me and my elderly mum **
    ** before you have a go - she has a disabled badge - so - if I can't find a disabled space - I will use a space 'reserved' for parents with kids.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Like you, I generally tend to reverse into spaces, albeit having also experienced the same problems when getting to the boot of the car. Although worth noting in the States you are only allowed to park in front ways. I think this is because they do not have front registration plates, so you would be concealing your vehicle id from a passing police vehicle. I probably just made that all up but i'm sure it's true. I actually got a parking ticket in America once for parking the 'wrong way' - I dived into a parking space on the opposite side of the road without turning the vehicle around in the direction of the flow of the traffic.

grumpygit likes this.
  13. alwaysright

...... this is the way to do it

upload_2018-9-30_18-40-27.jpeg

brb likes this.
  14. WINDYROG

No problem.....I'm sure Alwaysright will understand where I'm coming from...........

brb likes this.
  15. alwaysright

but - will you be allowed back into Britain (( if you tell them you want to go to a Gills match, you'll be deported on the grounds of insanity ))

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    grumpygit, WINDYROG and brb like this.
  16. alwaysright

Should I tell him they're recruiting for Christmas ? ( and that the clothing department has a 25% sale at the moment)
    Today, I went to my local Tesco - I know it's the second time in less than a week - but I needed to get some foreign currency - and had a load of excess Euros to 'cash in.'

In my previous post ( No.1511 ), I forgot to mention the 'resident tramp!' ( it appears that one is a mandatory feature at all Tesco stores - even the Express shops ). The chap was again in situ today - cross-legged on the floor outside the front door. It really doesn't need to be mentioned that he had a dog with him. His appearance suggests that he avoids the toiletries aisle - and his clothing was, previously, once ( or twice ), fashionable -- and I expect he will retain the 'look' for a while to come. To be fair to the chap, he hasn't been aggressive with his requests for money from the customers - He spends a lot of his time on his mobile phone or rolling a cigarette - however- I am sure that he hasn't been employed by Tesco as some sort of advertising strategy. ........... I am surprised that Tesco tolerate his presence.
    I have a couple of questions for you
    1. Where do think this chap ( and all the other incumbents ), go to at the end of each day ? (( I dare to presume that they are not homeless -although I couldn't be certain)). 2. Shall I tell him that if he applies for one of Tesco's seasonal jobs he would get guaranteed money - and staff benefits ( mind you - he would have to actually get off his backside and work for the money )...........
    and as far as his job prospects are concerned - they could be 'on the up!' - our Prime Minister has announced today, that after Brexit, she won't allow the hard working Europeans to enter Britain to do the jobs that 'our people' won't ( too busy adorning shop fronts )

17. brb

brb CR250

Only applying this to limited knowledge, and not saying it is the same in all cases. If they collect enough money during the day, I believe they can stay in accommodation such as a hostel. Particularly in the winter months. However, you mentioned the homeless person had a dog - I believe this may change the situation as some places will not accept animals. In regards to the ownership of a dog, if you was interested to know why they have a pet aside from companionship, then my recommended suggestion would be a film 'A Street Cat Named Bob' it will answer any unanswered questions <ok>

18. alwaysright

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45770998
    If I was a doctor.....( in the 'waiting room' ) ----
    1. " Everyone with back ache --- get off your arse and do some work - it won't kill you. "
    2. " NO - you can't have an antibiotic --It' s only a bloody cold -- buy some Lemsip."
    3. " Migraine ?? It's a headache - take a paracetamol "
    4. " Erectile disfunction ?" ---" wimp - get a grip of yourselves" ....................
    ........" The rest of you malingerers - go home -- all the ' pain-in-the-arse ' pills are for me.

19. alwaysright

I wouldn't mind so much about paying - if you get 'care' !!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45750384

My elderly, frail mother ( who has dementia ), started to receive carers help, in her home 3 times a day from 3 weeks ago........ when I say 'receive', I use the term loosely !
    I decided to stay with her for the first 4 days - to 'oversee' the initial period, and be on hand to help with logistical matters. It's just as well - because - in the first 3 days, the carers missed four of the scheduled visits ( including two bedtime calls, followed by missing a call at breakfast time ). There was also one 'unscheduled' visit at noon on one of the days ( unless that was meant to be the breakfast call ). On none of the occasions did mum receive a phone call to explain.
    On each missed occasion, my mum became more confused and distressed. On ALL FOUR occasions I telephoned the care agency, and was told " we don't know why the carer hasn't turned up. we're very sorry. we'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

My family were not impressed - and have decided to look for another care agency to take over as soon as possible......... In the meantime - Week Two ;

On one day the 'late afternoon / teatime' call was received at 2pm. On another day the teatime call was at 5.30-6.00pm. The same carer then returned at 6.30 for the bedtime call. The next day the teatime call was 5.45 -6.10pm ( shorter than required ) - then the bedtime call carer came at 7.00pm (( the interval between these times are utterly ridiculous and the bed 'time' is useless )...... and so to Week Three. I decided to make another visit to mum - whose mental condition has been worsened by the 'care' she has received !! (and it hasn't exactly enhanced my sanity ). I stayed with her over last Thursday to Saturday (I even sacrificed a trip to Portsmouth <grr>).

On Monday I phoned the care agency to cancel the care visits during my 'stay' - and I sent an email as well -- and received an email to confirm that the agency had told the relevant carers not to call ..........(( you already know where this is leading !! ). On FOURRRR occasions a carer made an unwanted visit. ---- I have to say that each carer has been charming, and apologetic. They stated that their office had not informed them of the cancellation of the visit. I duly telephoned the office. I got the same sort of reply as my previously underlined and highlighted one ( change the word 'hasn't' to 'has' ). On the 2nd time I asked the office about their procedure to notify each carer of any changes to the scheduled visits. I was told that they send each carer an email - and that these are not being read - hence the mistake. The office stated they would send a 3rd email to ALL the carers - and sent me an email on the subject - - and yet -- we still got two more unwanted visits by the carers.

The 3rd and 4th ( unwanted ) visits were by 'different' personnel. I explained the situation to each of them. I now asked them to verify the 'cancellation procedure' of their office. Both carers denied being informed by their office - and both showed me their mobile phones WITHOUT any email / text / call from their office !! They both showed me their rota --- which was just as well -- because they both still contained subsequent visits, over the weekend -- when mum will spend time with my brother's family -- and which have been cancelled ( my brother has a confirmation email )........................

........... did I mention that my mum has dementia ? ( NO - I haven't forgotten that I've already told you ! ) - not to mention many physical limitations - that's why we have arranged to provide help and 'care'- all of this nonsense has caused a lot of unnecessary anxiety, and distress and aggravation for her - and ME !

Obviously my family are now hastening our quest for a more reliable care agency -- We ARE paying for the 'service' - at a rate of several thousands of ££££££ over the year - it's not 'peanuts' - but it rather looks like that the organ grinder is on holiday - and his monkey is unable to send an email / text / call to the carers ( or has the asylum been overtaken by the lunatics ? )........... I have actually refrained from making any ** insult in my complaints to the office. I have asked them to consider the matter from my viewpoint and asked for their honest assessment of their 'administration.'

** OK, eventually I couldn't resist any longer - but - even then it was just to say that, at least my mother's forgetfulness is down to her dementia.

HAPPY DAYS ! ( keep taking the tablets ) - I really wish that the only misery in my life was watching The Gills !

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    brb likes this.
  20. alwaysright

Love thy neighbour. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45870948

You might not believe me - but I don't hate anyone - Or, at least until they fail to use basic commonsense ** ( or cheat ! )
    I have friends and family who have characteristics that would qualify their inclusion in one minority group or other - I am sure that most of us could make the same claim. Do we 'hate' our friends and family for being different ? - of course not. The World is full of different people. I am different - so are YOU ! .........

I don't expect people to be the same as me (I'm the only one who is alwaysright :laugh: ). I have friends with whom I greatly differ in various matters. We share banter, peace and love. None of that harmony stops us from engaging in reasoned argument when our viewpoint isn't the same as each other.

I thought that the Human Race was meant to be a civilised species -- there's little evidence of that around the Globe ! Why do people feel compelled to actually hate others - just for having differences that do not appeal to us. We should be able to accept the differences of others without vitriol !

Of course, I can accept that certain categories of 'differences' in other people will make it easy to feel hatred. These 'differences' can be the sort that create risk to the physicality of others. I have been to Auschwitz, and have seen XXX rated evidence of the atrocities committed against the dignity of human life - so I do understand when victims, and their families have hatred for the perpetrator - certainly justifiable emotion.

That situation is exceptional. There is no justifiable reason for one human to defile another human being. There is plenty of scope for people to be 'different'. But -there is no room for hatred in a civilised society. We should all be able to act like civilised human beings - and accept the differences of others - even if we can't 'embrace' those differences. I'm not expecting anyone to suddenly 'love' Millwall ( I have a good friend who does ! - I don't 'hate' him !! )

It is 'right' to 'fight' the hatred of anyone who thinks it's acceptable to send millions of people to a gas chamber - just because of their religion. This 'fight' needs to be done in a non-hypocritical way. Hatred is a dangerous emotion - from whatever source ( even from anyone feeling aggrieved ). Whether 'hatred' is from a perpetrator or in retaliation, hatred will very quickly cause the breakdown of society - and WAR.

** ( above ) - even on these occasions, I shake my head in disbelief rather than actually hate the idiot..................... by the way - it wasn't very nice for so many fans to be 'unkind' towards the Southend physio -- you know what I mean (( have you looked in the mirror lately ? - you're no 'oil painting !')) - and before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy - I don't hate the linesmen - I 'hate' his cheating.......................

..................Now - let everyone in the World kiss and 'make-up.' :emoticon-0152-heart

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018