1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

The question is.....
    Will I be able to get any refreshments at the match today ?

On Boxing Day, I came to the game with my 2 sons - and before the game I wanted to get some hot chocolate for all of us ( it was quite chilly, and it would have been nice to warm ourselves ) -- it wasn't going to happen watching the game.
    I was amazed to find the tea bar at the Rainham End shut!!...... It's no wonder that on another forum, the Club is being slated for all sorts of reasons - including its' inability to ' serve' the needs of its' fans.........
    It's not as if the Hi Viz monkeys will let you go to the bar under the Rainham End " Gordon Road,Sir ? - sit down and shut up."

2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The tea point in the Medway stand concourse at the Rainham end was also closed, so cheer up always you weren't being singled out for special treatment. <ale>

3. alwaysright

Grumpygit, I feel a whole lot better for knowing that.<steam>

4. alwaysright

Triskaidekaphobia -- they did the same last year
    Yesterday, I gave ticket No.13 from my ST book. Others around me were asked for ticket No 14 ( even though it was match No.13). They were given no explanation. This nonsense happened at match No.13 last year.
    If I had been asked for ticket No 14, without any (let alone good ) reason, the turnstile operative would have needed it to be retrieved from their arse!
    This is just another way to buggar about with STHs. If I go to the next game and try to give ticket No.13, it wouldn't surprise me if I got told " this is no good-it's for the last game." --- at which point they would have something to fear other than the number 13
    Happy New Year ( nothing changes ).

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Maybe the operative was superstitious <laugh>

alwaysright likes this.
  6. alwaysright

Morons

It was a brilliant performance at Charlton today - Gills deserved the win --- and were so much better than in our last two home games.
    Only one thing took a bit of shine from the day ---- the morons who used foul mouthed obscenities towards the Charlton fans during the minute's 'respect' before the game for the deceased fans and anyone connected to both teams, who may have died in 2017.
    This is something that Charlton do as a mark of respect - and they have the dignity to include the deceased from the 'away' team.
    I have no problem in 'hating' the opponent - do it during the game ! I feel that a number of Gills morons really embarrassed themselves.

DebbieA and brb like this.
  7. alwaysright

Billy no mates !

...... apologies to those who work on Christmas Day, New year's day, Easter Sunday - providing vital services ( eg Police /Fire/ Ambulance --you know what I mean ).

Yesterday, as I walked, from where I parked my car. to the coach pick up point to go to Charlton, it was pouring with rain. Although it wasn't overly early, the streets were virtually deserted - except.....
    As I walked along Gordon Road, I saw Mr. Billy No-Mates. He was still in his New Year eve fancy dress costume. This comprised of black jacket and trousers with black shoes. On his head he had a peaked black hat.
    Mr.N0-Mates was paying particular attention to several parked cars - and began to write in a little book he was carrying ( despite getting drenched ).
    I couldn't resist giving him my best wishes to him for the New Year. I sympathised that he couldn't have one day off duty -------------(( OK, I took the piss ))
    -------- but then if he chose to work ( providing a service that did nothing to enhance the quality of life of the population of Gordon Road ), then he probably had no mates !

What 'gets' me is why the Council thinks it's necessary to pay these sad individuals to piss off the Tax paying public on every day of the year - when they wouldn't dream of providing extra essential services. They certainly won't have your extra rubbish collected on NY day. (( and if you have fortnightly collections, you might have to wait a month before your bins are emptied )). ........ even Gillingham's alleyways are getting over-crowded with crap - now we're get old mattresses dumped in the streets......... but I suppose you can't give them a parking ticket - even if the **** in the streets and alleys are much more offensive than the parked cars.
    Happy New Year to all Parking Attendants -- you might want to ask Santa for a friend this Christmas.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  8. alwaysright

My penis is bigger than yours!................ No, I'm not starting my autobiography. It's a new year, and I thought we'd start off with a bit of nonsense (( but even I can't reach the heights of stupidity of others in this world )).

The opening 'claim' is what President Trump might as well have said to the President of North Korea, after the latter 'threatened' Trump by saying that he has a nuclear arms button next to him. Trump responded like a schoolboy by saying that his button was bigger than the North Korean.
    If they were to compare the size of their genitalia, I'm undecided who is the bigger dick

9. alwaysright

10. alwaysright

It's just as well I'm not ill ! ( well - not from the neck downwards )
    I have been blessed with much good health in my life. I haven't needed to see a doctor for a long time - apart from a minor muscular problem that flares up from time to time.
    Today, I visited my GP's surgery to make an appointment to see my GP. I explained it was for an on-going problem - but that, although I was in a little discomfort, it wasn't an emergency ----( this is where I went wrong ! ) I didn't expect to have an appointment this week., but the receptionist told me that the next available appointment was on 25th January !!!!

There is one sure way to get immediate medical attention -- just commit a crime (( make sure you have no assets - thereby avoiding having to pay any fine )) - then when you are arrested, (( it's best to go into a police station and surrender yourself - because you won't find a police officer in our streets )), you tell the officer that you are ill and need to be taken to hospital ---- The Police are duty bound to attend to these needs before they can continue to detain you.

So -- Crime does pay - and our National Health Service is wonderful - provided you are a crook !

11. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Can someone please explain to me with the whole cabinet reshuffle announced today, how on earth did Jeremy Hunt (Cockney rhyming slang I'm sure) keep his job as health secretary?

12. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

I think they played a game of ministerial chairs (the political version of musical chairs) and he was the winner of that round.

Either that or everyone else it was offered to turned it down..

13. alwaysright

brb likes this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

Back in the day all the hatchet jobs would have been getting stuck into him, and if you had looked in a mirror, you would never have entered the field of play again, they would have buried you.

Anyone remember the Vinney/Gazza nutcracker <laugh>

15. alwaysright

upload_2018-1-22_18-45-21.jpeg

brb likes this.
  16. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Think even the Vinnie/Gazza ball tickle was soft compared to Don Revie's Leeds.

brb likes this.
  17. alwaysright

to The Great British workman --" well done" .......... ( you know I'm taking the P )
    A road in my town has just re-opened after Southern Water had dug it up to have a look inside the hole! The road was off an' A 'road, and caused a considerable detour for residents ( especially as the next road along was 'one-way', out onto the A road ).
    On Friday Southern Water had completed the work and duly re-filled the hole - except the top very thin crust of tarmacadam - literary an inch of the stuff. Instead of finishing off the job, SW decided to keep the road closed for another 3 days !! -- even the 'Boys from the Black Stuff' would have taken only a few minutes to lay the tarmac! ((the hole was 3ft x 3ft ))........ I wonder how long it wouldn't have taken if the workforce was from Eastern Europe ?

18. alwaysright

brb likes this.
  19. alwaysright

The bar on the height of stupidity just got raised ! --- unfortunately I was too busy picking up my jaw to have time to take a video on my mobile phone !

This takes some beating --
    Today, on a busy main 'A' road in my town, I saw something that wasn't covered when I took my driving test (( passed 1st time - just like my motorbike test.))

A Range Rover was towing another vehicle - a 'builders' type lorry. ------- Nothing strange about that I hear you say - well - The 'towed' vehicle was facing backwards !
    This magnificent example of moronic behaviour sadly came to an end only when the tow rope became broken - obviously in sympathy with the brain cell being shared by the participants.

brb likes this.
  20. alwaysright

Eventually everyone will like me.
    Today I received a 'like' for a post I made 7 years ago.......it's a bloody good job I'm patient (( lots of practice waiting for a Gills win ))
    ... Thanks Cup Face