1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Can you imagine how much it cost to 'fuel up' the plane over Priestfield ? It did at least 4 circuits............ I reckon it was dearer than a season ticket !

brb likes this.
  2. alwaysright

Quote : '' Stick your banners up where you like. ''
    In the Chairman's 'chat' ( see brb's thread ), Mr. Scally has commented on the 'thuggery' of a ( very small number of ) protesters.... He commented on the banner that flew overhead on Saturday...... He claims he couldn't see it !!

So, if we are to believe that he didn't see the plane - HOW can he comment on its' altitude ? How can he claim it was ''dangerously low?'' How can he claim that the aeroplane was not airworthy ? He said it was a 61 year old machine, and not fit for purpose !! ....... How does he know ? Does he seriously think the pilot was going to take up an aircraft that was likely to endanger his life ??

Mr. Scally clearly has no knowledge of Aviation Authority regulations and Health & Safety protocols - but was desperate to deflect attention away from the main point of the matter - that some fans are so concerned about the administration of the Club, that they were prepared to go to great expense to charter a flight to express their displeasure..... The response by Mr. Scally is not a lot different to the 'thuggery' about which he complains.

....... it is a shame that Mr. Scally didn't see the aircraft - perhaps he got his information on the machine from one of the flying pigs that he knows! - they would be able to tell him that he could get them to fly a banner around Priestfield : '' Stick it up your a...''

itstimupnorth and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

Just one point mate, I thought the Chairman said he had knowledge of aviation?

Otherwise I agree with the points about how he knew so much, yet never saw it.

4. alwaysright

brb - Yes, I know what he 'said he knows' - but I say that current Aviation rules, safety checks etc , plus the pilot's own 'doubts' ), are strignent - and if a plane with a broken elastic band wanted to fly -- it wouldn't be permitted..... My point is that Mr. Scally was trying to deflect from the 'gravity' of the protest - to - make unsubstantiated claims about the condition of the aircraft - and the manner in which it was flown ( even though he (allegedly) didn't see it. ) ..... He was trying to throw '' thuggish'' accusations - just so that the 'thuggish' accusations against him didn't stick.

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Ah right, I see what you mean, so it leads me to say this...

You used the word 'stringent' in regards to safety checks. I AGREE, that was also my understanding, that understanding being as follows: that all aircraft had to have a log book, everything regarding it's flying hours and servicing are recorded in it...or am I wrong? I'll assume for now, I'm not wrong, if that is the case any breach of safety rules and incorrect or missing entries in a log book, would be deemed as a breach of those flying conditions, I would assume.

So to my point, If the Chairman really believes certain aviation protocol was in breach of or broken or dangerous in anyway, no matter how minor, shouldn't he be raising this as a matter of concern to the aviation authority, rather than raising it on a youtube video to those who care to listen. He mentioned an MP Tracey Crouch in his video, maybe it's a matter of concern he could also raise with her. Maybe Tracey has seen the video, and might want to raise the matter with Robert Courts MP... https://www.gov.uk/government/ministers/parliamentary-under-secretary-of-state--123 as I believe from the link, he is responsible for aviation.

Just suggestions like.

alwaysright likes this.
  6. alwaysright

Well - that's made up my mind ........ (( whilst I've still got a bit of one ! ))

Today, I nearly had a brainfart!... I seriously considered going to Bolton on Saturday. - WHY??...... The trip would mean getting up about 4am - to leave enough time to prepare and travel to get the coach..... Then, at the end of the day (( or rather, the following day )), I wouldn't return home until about 1 am ( if I'm lucky.) - and my wallet ( or rather - card ), would be about £80 'lighter.'....... and, if I'm really lucky, I might actually see us have a shot on goal.

..... then I thought I'd look to see what sport is on Sky & BT at the same time...... At 12.30pm there is Chelsea v Norwich ( bound to be a goal feast. ).... At 3pm, I can watch the T20 England v West Indies & listen, simultaneously, to the Gills game..... If I'm really sad, I will put the first half of Brighton v Man City on my laptop - whilst watching the 'end' of the cricket - then the 2nd half of the football on my main screen................. All of this still leaves me able to have time with Mrs A, and go out in the evening..... which probably won't cost me anywhere near £ 80..... (( although she might prefer if I went to the Reebok ! )).........
    ..... and on Sunday. there is ' wall-to-wall' EPL on Sky .......All the sport comes at £ 0 extra on my budget - unlike the Gills games.

........ guess what I'm going to do this weekend ?
    Sadly, this illustrates why people choose NOT to pay EXTRA to go to see cr*p at Priestfield.

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Don't blame you mate, all valid points. After some of the Youtube chats recently, I find it a bit of an insult, afterall £80 is a lot of money, and you could do so much more with it.

Let me give you an example;

I can get all the SKY sports channels for £18 a month via Now (Yes you really can)
    I can get a month of BT sport for £20
    I could go to Weatherspoons and probably pay a tenner (£10) and drink 5 pints of beer
    If I'm hungry, I could buy a kebab on the walk home £6

All of that for the grand total of £54....so that means I get £26 change for the admission at our next home game.

alwaysright likes this.
  8. alwaysright

.... I can't help feeling that some of that lot is a waste of money -- but -- who am I to talk?

brb likes this.
  9. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

I decided this morning that I would go to Bolton tomorrow but had my mind made up for me that actually I couldn’t - and not by Lady Sondes Clock as you might imagine.

It doesn’t seem unreasonable does it, to decide to attend a League One match 24 hours before kick off and expect to be able to buy a ticket? When that match is in a 20k+ seater stadium it should be even less of a problem surely? But no.

Firstly, I discovered that for whatever reason Bolton have decided that there’s no pay on the day for away fans. As if we’re likely to fill the away section.

At 2pm this afternoon Gillingham FC was shut. The chairman having decided to give the staff a day off. The link on the club website to buy a ticket for tomorrow doesn’t work. So no way to buy a ticket from this end.

I called Bolton and unlike at Priestfield, there was at least someone there to answer my call. Surely they’d sell me a ticket that I could either download or collect tomorrow, wouldn’t they? Having been cash strapped on many occasions surely this of all clubs would find a way to bank my money. But no. All too difficult. Too late they said. 25 hours before kick off and with at least 10,000 empty seats likely, I was too late to buy a ticket.

Like many, my enthusiasm has been disappearing over recent years and what’s left has been further tested by the contempt I feel has been displayed to loyal fans in recent months. This could be the final straw for me.

itstimupnorth, alwaysright and brb like this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

These are the sort of comments the Chairman would be wise focusing his attention on, it highlights why we are losing fans, even if away. It appears clubs don't want our CASH anymore.

alwaysright likes this.

11. alwaysright

My Lord, I have travelled on the Supporters coaches enough times to give many tales of woe regarding tickets & booking on the coach... These days, I give Peter Lloyd a call or text to arrange everything..... thus ensuring 'efficiency' as well as 'priority' for tickets... The Official site has a mobile number you can contact for such things - this is not Peter Lloyd's, but I have it if you require ( he won't mind )....

I would be very reluctant to try to get a ticket from the Gills ticket officeline - without an absolute guarantee of receiving it in the post - because - if postage is not possible, ALL the tickets are given to Peter Lloyd to distribute when he arrives at the game...... This is actually totally unfair on him . Can you imagine the nightmare scenario ( as at AFC Wimbledon earlier this season ), when he has hundreds of tickets to distribute - with the logistics of identity etc (( assuming that all the customers are waiting for him, before he has to go and do the commentary. ))

brb likes this.
  12. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

Thanks for the offer of Peter’s number. If my current frame of mind changes and I find myself inclined to waste a day and a wedge of cash on another away game I may well ask you for it.

I’ve heard that the request not to sell any tickets on the day was made by Gillingham. A cynical soul might imagine that this was driven by someone’s desire to know exactly who had been sold each ticket in the away section. Surely nobody with the team’s best interests at heart would deliberately see the team go under supported just for the benefit of knowing which names to target in next week’s rant would they?

itstimupnorth, alwaysright and brb like this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

There's a reason I've been totally against a cashless society, and for me you've just summed it up nicely and in a nutshell.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  14. brb

brb CR250

Having seen @itstimupnorth comment on the prediction thread, it appears @Lord Sondes Clock is not the only supporter who has experienced problems getting a ticket.

15. alwaysright

Why do they bother to 'take the knee'?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

I haven't seen the banner - but the description of it in the article is conclusive. It obviously is making a political statement against a regime that clearly has little regard for several areas of human rights and dignity - with 'mere' discrimination being a mild 'criticism ' - when you see the indignity to which human life is subjected in some Middle Eastern countries...... I also suspect that the article is having a dig at the hypocrisy of the FA to allow deals with supporters of such regimes - when their rules 'say' otherwise.

I thought that the FA - and the judicial system in the UK were strongly in favour of NO discrimination and anti-racism. .......and I thought that we had freedom of speech - where people are allowed to express their viewpoint ? ........ I have visited Auschwitz, and seen some of the sad legacy of the Holocaust as well as watched some graphic film on the subject.... Should I be careful not to upset any Nazi lover with my disgust at what Mr. Hitler did to millions of other human beings ?.............. (( I suppose I'm not even allowed to say ''Nazi lover ! '' ))

In this 'story', the Police need to 'take the knee'............. right in between their legs !

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  16. alwaysright

And this sort of thing makes my blood boil.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-fears-discriminated-against-faces-jail.html

I have some beautiful friends - with a variety of skin colour... Everyone of them are perfectly entitled to play the 'Race card' if they are subjected to racism or discrimination.... BUT - NONE of them are permitted to use their skin colour to receive preferential treatment, or as a defence of criminal behaviour.

If any of my friends - of any skin colour, were in a British court of law, I would expect that they be tried on the facts and evidence - not on the tone of their skin...... In this article, we are not given specific details of the facts and evidence of the 'alleged' crime - so I won't dare to presume her 'guilt' ---unlike the defendant making obvious racist allegations against the court that found her guilty - where I dare to presume - based on facts and evidence !

....... perhaps she'd like to adjourn her appeal - to a Saudi Arabian court ?

itstimupnorth likes this.
  17. alwaysright

I'm glad the Chancellor isn't going to increase the cost of petrol !!!

Today, I needed to 'fill up' my car - and not just because it's budget day !
    I was disgusted to see that the cost of petrol had gone up, overnight, by 3 pence a litre... This followed a 3 pence per litre rise last week - which had followed a 3 pence per litre rise the week before --- which had followed a rise in six consecutive weeks....... The cost of 'filling up' has rocketed in the last few weeks.

I think that the Chancellor has a nerve to try to score points with his 'cheap' announcement about a freeze in the cost of fuel -- all the time the cartels decide that they will keep their prices high, the Treasury is laughing all the way to the bank.

There was bugger all in this year's budget for my household - other than higher and higher bills.

.... Ps - can somebody tell Teresa May to 'cover up.'... She seems incapable of buying clothes that fit her ---- whilst I'm no 'oil painting', she has long past the age when she should be exposing her cleavage ..... perhaps I should think about again fitting into my Mankini !..... Yuk !

18. alwaysright

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

20. alwaysright

CLASSless !
    I will give thoughts on the Accrington game in other threads... I just wanted to voice my opinion regarding the 'handling' of Kelman....

... Before the Wycombe game, I had to stop myself from approaching him - to advise him to return to QPR - for fear of Gills ( Evans ), ruining his progress.... I decided against it - as I was sure that QPR would know what's going on....

I think that Evans has shown poor professionalism in his foul-mouthed outburst towards Kelman on Tuesday evening... I am all for 'passion' from the squad - AND management - but-- not at the expense of a public humiliation of a very young man....... I don't actually see any justification for Evans = even if Kelman was having a poor performance (( was it really THAT worse than others- to justify being thrown under a bus ? ))

Evans need to start taking responsibility for the performances and results... His tactics have been poor - not least failing to deploy substitutes at correct times - to replace tiring players - NOT on 88, 89 90 91+ minute !

As for the 'assassination' of Kelman - Evans needs to be ashamed... He has treated Kelman very poorly... At Burton, Kelman had a very good game. He worked really hard. He 'took on' defenders- attacked and terrorised the Burton defenders. He wasn't shy at taking a shot... He may have kept the ball a little too much, a couple of times - but that was the exuberance of youth !.... I was expecting him to be given a 'partnership' with Oliver - but what did he get ??

...He got sacrificed when O'Keefe was an idiot... Since then, Kelman has had hardly any time on the pitch until Tuesday night.... You might say that this was his 'chance' - but - if it wasn't working out - why was he singled out for such classless treatment from Evans ? Has Evans treated any of the other 'under-performers' in the same way ?... Perhaps Kelman doesn't know how to play hoofball ! Perhaps he doesn't know how to blaze a penalty miles over the bar - or how to miss more than one open goal - or fail to score after 'rounding' the keeper etc.
    With the lack of minutes on the pitch, Kelman shouldn't be taking disproportionate 'stick' from Evans - it's not as if the results have been fantastic without Kelman.

For me, Evans has demonstrated that he hasn't purged himself of the behaviour which has failed to endear him to so many fans of football.... I wish Kelman the best of luck in his career -AND I'll be exceedingly surprised if he will be playing against Gills any time soon!

brb likes this.