1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 40 minuters

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Ken Shabby, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Bit like WWI really. The average life expectancy of a Charlton defender is around 40 minutes, after which they do something cataclysmic and we concede. Light hearted, but really I'm fuming. I remember two seasons recently where we were in this situation. There was the year we had Les Reid on the run up to christmas, until he was found to be so bad we sacked him (thereby depriving ourselves of his very capable coaching skills - thanks R.Murray) and bought Pardew in. We went down.
    Then there was the season we sacked Pardew, and honstly, the drivellings of Karel after each defeat are very remeniscent of the pathetic excuses of Pards. We bought in Parky, he failed to win a game so we gave him the job permanently (thanks R.Murray). We went down.
    Groundhog day for us. A useless manager, a terrible run of results, and some excuses that make my toes curl in embarrassment. Don't they know in Belgium that the game lasts more than 40 minutes, and it's irrelevant being best for 40 minutes if you shrivel up and die afterwards?
    Seriously Katrien, if you want to aim for 20,000 lost souls flooding into the Valley, a good start would be to sack Mr Bean and bring in a manager the fans identify with (or maybe just one we've heard of?). And that's starters. You need to back the new guy big time, in january and again in the summer. Then you need to leave (you can do that first if you like- why delay the inevitable?). You have dug our club into a hole, and the money you've saved cutting corners is a small part of what you need to do to balance the ship.
    We're cr@p, and you know we are.

2. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Quality piece written by a true fan from the heart agree with every word

3. andy217

andy217 Member

Very eloquently put and agree wholeheartedly but do you really think that any quality manager would come to work at the club the way it is?

First half Fraeye is out of his depth and that is obvious to see but in all reality he is only a symptom of the problem not the cause. If they get rid of him in your heart of hearts you know that it will be another patsy that takes his place. At any time after getting rid of Powell, Riga, Peeters and Luzon they could have gone for experience but didn't.

There is only one way to save the club and that is to remove the hierarchy. Unfortunately that is not an easy thing to do. As much as we all love the club and are suffering at its current state as a fan base we need to support any and every avenue of getting the message across. Whilst there has always been differing views amongst fans they have never been as wide as they are now. Whether the protests are behind the stand, black and white, 2% or boycotts they should all be encouraged and backed.

This is the time that you will see whether CAST has a relevant role to play or not. Dialogue has its place in the protests but only if that is directed in the right direction. Talk of things such as Target 20000 in the current predicament are laughable. If they are in dialogue with the club then it is now they need to show their true intentions and not be afraid of asking the questions that need to be asked and challenging the board as to what is going on.

To any and all of us there appears to be no hope of avoiding relegation this season as it currently stands so maybe now is the time to focus on the real problem. I will always want us to win games but it is more important to focus on safeguarding the future of the club. I'm sure if we are all honest about it none of us are sure where this model of ownership is going to leave us.

4. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I said the same thing to Royston about Luzón. The problema is'nt the series of crap managers we've had. It's that the list seems never ending. How many people live in Belgium, 20,000,000 at a guess. And we've tried 5. There's a lot more to get through before we switch to the UK, and that's if the UK comes directly after Belgium in RD's alphabet. The problems are deeply inbedded. Sadly, none of us have the money or power to displace RD, and the only thing within our reach is to convince him his cunning plan is a joke. And to do that, how? I genuinely think the protests are annoying RD/KM, as feble as they have been. We are highlighting their terrible business plan and they hate it. We need to push on, but in the meantime, I want a decent manager. I don't expect KM or RD to listen, but while they don't, my only contact with the club will be on CAFC fórums. And their only contact with my money will be in their dreams.

andy217 likes this.
  5. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

The thing about the protests is that they embarrass Bubbles and old 'Pointy Head' in front of the visiting club's Directors .... she tries to laugh them off but they must be eating her up inside otherwise she wouldn't react. Unlike Mrs Parkes who just turns up at matches to fill her face with free food! at the same time the 5 year season ticket holders have had their free cup of tea removed as a cost cutting exercise by Bubbles <laugh> ..... that's how they treat committed customers in Belgium ..... no wonder it is such a 5hit country.

Here's a way that the Club could save £50,000pa ..... Mr Parkes <ok>

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Chris Parkes has been in hospital all week. He was taken ill before the Bolton game. Despite my frustrations with his wife - I wish him a speedy recovery.

And first half Fraeye definitely has to stick.

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I read a couple of very interesting posts on CL from an ex pro called Tutt Tutt, who has played in Belgium. He states that Fraeye has only managed up to now in our equivalent of the Rymans league.

He then went on to analyse KF's formations and tactics to date, from the perspective of an ex pro.

His summary in short is that Championship managers know that Fox is weak, and that by putting two fast players down his side, you are guaranteed a supply of crosses into the box = goals. Every opposition scout has rumbled this, but not Fraeye.

He goes on to say that KF has no Plan B during games, is not able to think on his feet tactically, and that we are basically doomed with a Rymans League coach up against the Mick McCarthys and Chris Hughtons every week.

He also says that players in the dressing room quickly suss out when a manager is talking bull and is not up to it. KF, again.

All very interesting and glaringly obvious to all but three people.

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I made a point about a few weeks back about his lack of a plan B. He stumbled across the diamond formation, performances picked up across 2 games then this is where I think managers picked up on the lack of width and full backs could be doubled up on.

A midfield comprising of both JJ and Diarra can also be easily overrun. So a diamond, whilst lacking in width can you dominate the middle of the park. It's obvious - as a heat map should back up. Not when you have the two mentioned though.

But Fraeye doesn't believe he needs more/different players. He's just so thankful for the opportunity. Just is KM that she holds a top job within English football.