1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 3 Loanees

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Ben 10, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Dubravka and Kenedy have been top class since coming in and played a big part in our recent form. Slimani hasn't played much but looked good when he has. Which of them will be here next season? Dubravka will surely be made permanent. What about the other 2? Will they stay or go back? I imagine Leicester will want close to what they paid for Slimani which would rule us out. Kenedy I have no idea

2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Keep all three. Kenedy's skill and workrate are obscene. Dubravka has made a massive difference to our defence. Slimani...that ****ing header today in the build up to the winner and his general impishness.

3. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Dubravka is a stud. What a find he was. Kenedy is an incredible player. Keeping him would show real intent to push up the table next season. Slimani was never really a fit for Leicester. Theyre a counter attacking team and hes not that kind of player. Hopefully kenedys wasted time on previous loans will allow him to appreciate regular minutes, as well as being the star of the club.

Consett Mag and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  4. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

He had a terrific pull down with his arm that the ref thought was legit
    Most obvious handball I've seen
    Indifferent reffing today
    Overall 3 good additions

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

If we break our transfer record to sign kenedy then there will be no complaints from me.

Consett Mag and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  6. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

For the money mentioned Dubravka is a no brainer.

Kenedy cost Chelsea £6-7m only and they have only really sent him off on loans. I honestly don't think you'll be looking above £10-12m for him - he played 2 league games last season and none this season prior to joining us. For that sort of money it's a clear yes, if he wants to come.

Slimani - hard to say.

If Rafa thinks they're the right players then he's seen from training and an ability to follow match-day instructions that they are people who can do a good job for us. The issue then is how they fans react when we spend a combined figure of £30-40m on these 3 and there's no other names coming in. Just two or three minor players and a couple of loans.

7. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Genuinely see Kennedy here next year, those 'Rafa's like a father' comments have helped, and I think Chelsea will take another year to either assess their options or sell him at higher profit.

Didn't think Slim would stay, but way I saw him run aimlessly for the ball in a certain period in second half made me think he's either playing impress us or a potential new club. Either way, handy for us til the end of the season.

Dubravka Noir is here to stay, end of story.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Which is one of the problems when you don’t continuously invest in the team as with loan players you buy them to stand still. It was one of the reasons Sunderland hit problems.

9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

One of the issues they had is that they either weren't able to buy their best loanees (Rose, Welbeck, Ki, etc.) or chose not to (Marcus Alonso). If done correctly the whole "try before you buy" is a good way of doing it but there needs to be an end-game; either a buy out clause or another player in mind to take up the same role the following season.

magpie290761 likes this.
  10. RobEllious

It's amazing. If you look at the 6 games pre-dubravka against the ones after, there's no differences goals conceded.
    Makes you wonder where we'd be if we'd given Rafa a keeper who could use his feet at the start of the season. I'ma fierce defender of Elliot buttl the differenced is ridiculous

11. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Saw a figure of £15m being quoted about 4-6 weeks ago. Still a steal at that price

Plus we can offer him regular games which is something most of the other clubs he's been mentioned in conjunction with either can't or won't

magpie290761 likes this.
  12. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

?

13. RobEllious

Sorry I'm ****ed mate. Same amount of goals conceded in the games before him as the games after. Think it was 6 altogether?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

There's some kind of Dan Brown **** going on here and I'm not sure I like it.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  15. RobEllious

Listen, you need to put this down
    12, 6, 27, 8.
    When the time comes, you'll know what to do.

JakartaToon likes this.
  16. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Dubravka will still be here.
    Slimani l really don’t know. We haven’t seen enough of him, but, that said l do like what l have seen. Leicester won’t be giving him away and l suspect that prices us out.
    Kenedy is attracting attention from many quarters. I think he might want to stay, but if he sparks a bidding war we won’t win it.
    What we have seen though is what a huge difference a player with skill and creativity has made to the team, and we definitely have a team full of fight, hard graft and passion.

RobEllious likes this.
  17. RobEllious

You put him against the performances of Atsu this season and contrast is stark.
    A player that can show flair and defend is incredibly rare.

18. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Two of them have come in and done fantastically well, and Slimani has shown desire and effectively made the winner today.

I think if we bought Dubravka and Kenedy (I think the latter will be difficult to buy, but Newcastle tend to have a knack of agreeing an option to buy as part of loan deals), then we would need a pacey striker, a CDM to help with ball retention and compete with Diame, and a left back. Dummett has done well there, but I'd like us to have a pacey option for away games where the pitch can be wider and he can be exposed more. Slimani as well would be a bonus, but depends on the potential sale of Mitrovic really.

Not bothered if incoming are loans, and this will depend on whether Ashley owns the club or not (99% sure he will still own it).

Just thinking about potential "bargains" from those to go down. Tadic, Dawson (if he plays like today), Foster (if we didn't buy Dubravka), Rodriguez, Shaqiri, Allen, Shawcross, Zouma...? Might take one or two from that lot.

19. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Spot on, Kenedy makes Atsu look very average.
    When Kenedy first arrived l did wonder if he was going to be a bit of a show pony.
    You know the sort of player that excelles when we are on the front foot and produces moments that get you off your seat, but disappeared when the going is rough.
    I couldn’t have been more wrong, the kid really grafts, tracks back and does his defensive duties well.
    I would love him to stay and develop with NUFC and Rafa, but if that’s not to be then at least the scouts know what kind of player to hunt for.

20. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a Ben Arfa going forward, and a James Milner tracking back... which is basically the perfect man