1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic OLOF's political thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by MIGHTY, Oct 1, 2017.

?

Should there be a second Brexit vote

1. Yes

30.3%
  2. No

58.8%
  3. Dont know

0.8%
  4. Its too late

1.7%
  5. Ell rulz

0.8%
  6. couldnt give a fook

6.7%
  7. Will WJ ever see whats hitting him smack in the face

1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lifecheshirewhite

The SRA wanted an independent Scotland, you said they succeeded, so when did you get independence as I've missed it.

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

ROFL

The Professor of Pish strikes again.

Why are you so pre-english anyway? Thought you loved england so much that you fcuked off to New Zealand as soon as the opportunity presented itself?

3. Whitejock

Go read up on the SRA before you embarrass yourself further. <doh>

4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I’ve been to Scotland many many times and I don’t doubt what you say but an idiot I am not so will forego that pleasure
    If I remember correctly Scotland was a sovereign state until 1707 when they joined the union
    On a slight aside many years ago up in the highlands I was enquiring about salmon fishing from some locals the response was
    There is none you bloody English have bought it all up(said rather aggressively)
    My response as I beat a hasty retreat, well you bloody Scots sold it
    The morale of the story being the Scots are their own worst enemies as has been proved on many occasions in the past

5. lifecheshirewhite

I'm just countering your biased rubbish, even in the just had General election the SNP got 45% of the vote, that's not a majority for independence is it.

6. Whitejock

Actually, most of the Highlands (where the salmon live) is owned by foreigners. Used to be mostly english owners, but I think the complexion has changed noticeably these days, as the big money lies elsewhere. It's them that sell the salmon, hence those (uncalled for) comments, no doubt. :)

As an aside, my mate worked on Ian Anderson's (he of Jethro Tull) fish farms in Skye. Anderson had bugger all to do with it until the a camera crew came visiting, complete with journalist. All of a sudden he was out there 'processing' (i.e. killing the fish) as though it was his daily job. Transpired that he hit the fish in the wrong place & loads & loads had to be jettisoned as they were all bruised & unsaleable. Cost him a bomb. He was a huge laughing stock on the island after that (behind his back). He wasn't all bad, btw. Brought a lot of employment to the island & went to town with lime to kill the heather & turn it into arable land. Don't think anyone had ever thought of that before (it was the mid-70s).

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Whitejock

No you're not, you're just talking pish again & looking for another fight. I have a life. Bye!

8. lifecheshirewhite

That's what I thought, once you realised you were wrong you would go. <laugh>

9. Whitejock

Nope, I don't need to prove anything. If you want to learn about the SRA, go Google.

10. lifecheshirewhite

I was on about 45% not being a majority. Only in Scotland ay. <laugh>
    No interest in the SRA a handful of idiots like the EDL.

11. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I thought that was how you got a majority in the UK, you learn something new every day, thanks

12. Whitejock

No, read back & see their claim to fame. The english government gave into them. The same government that tell you they don't give in to terrorists. Well, apart from the SRA.

13. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I’ve accepted we’re leaving, actually. And I’ve moved on.

However, in the same way if your party loses in a GE you accept the result but you still think about winning the next election, I can’t change my view that ‘we are better off in, sorry’. You move on, in the sense that I’m not trying to stop us leaving but I don't have to ‘get behind’ something that I believe is fundamentally against our national interest. My sceptism isn’t going to stop Brexit being a success, if it’s possible for it to be a success. Ive moved on in the sense that we have 5 years to see how this goes and I’m now focused on other things I see as being wrong, not the Leave decision itself.

The article is quite a good one in that it sums up, better than I could, why I think this government will fail to deliver. Its not just a journalist making stuff up, he lists the people who contributed who all should know a fair bit about the subject. It’s not a controversial statement to say Johnson lies a lot, he’s been doing it in the last few days again, if the end result works out I expect no one will care. But if it doesn’t, they will, eventually.

Over the next (say) 5 years the reality will become clear. My main objection to Brexit has always been economic and things related to that like standards, Plus, pragmatically, I don’t think we gave enough clout in the world on our own. I don’t have an EU flag on a pole outside my house. If we thrive then that’s when I’ll stop mentioning it. If it goes badly (as I believe it will, for many of the reasons in the article) there will come a point where the mood changes and people ask ‘why did we do that?’

None of us have a crystal ball so like you I don’t know which way it will go, I just have an opinion.

Eric Le Merde and Whitejock like this.
  14. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

You'll just have to console yourself with only being a rule taker in your own house :emoticon-0136-giggl

OLOF and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  15. lifecheshirewhite

I almost feel sympathetic to your views and broken heart,

Almost, suck it up Snowflake you lost. :grin:

OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. 2020VisionofLeeds

You’ve got me bang to rights there;)

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. 2020VisionofLeeds

It’s heartfelt sympathy like that that makes me come here. Thanks mate.

Possibly..

but I KNOW I’ve lost. That’s the difference between me and you, you haven’t realised yet.

18. lifecheshirewhite

Yes, I have realised you've lost <whistle>

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

That’s quite funny.

you’re still a bloody eejit though

ristac and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  20. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

where were millwall at time in relegation zone