1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thanks for Lansbury

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cockney Eyetie, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Cockney Eyetie

The boy has class and played a blinder for us yesterday. Could well be a good replacement for Cesc in the future <ok>

Good luck for the season,esp against that classless lot from N17 <cheers>

2. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

Will never ever be a good enough replacement for Fabregas but i'm glad he is playing well for you lot.

3. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Good player. Was shocked at first that he has yet again gone for a loan spell in the championship but i suppose he needs to start games week in week out so its a good move in the end.

4. gunnersurprisepeople

I think he's a great young player, nowhere near the class of Fab but he has super determination and drive and gets on the end of things, also has decent quality football in him, reminds me of Ray Parlour at times.
    As we know though Wenger does not like players that are based more of drive than finesse so he won't be getting a chance under Arsene any time soon and will most likely be sold on.

5. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

Agree. He might be better than Ramsey in the future, but not Wenger's type of a player. It's a pity.

6. gunnersurprisepeople

Thats is very debateable pal, there are many premier league players playing in the top half with questionable ability, Perhaps if you had said top 6 then ok but i think he has the drive and ability to play for a decent premiership outfit.
    The loan spell should push him on also, he's a young player but has potential.

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Why do people think that Lansbury is not good enough for us? Whenever i've watched him play, he's looked good and effective, the type of player we are missing for the premiership. Yes folks, i know its a bit of a shock, but we do in fact play in the premiership. The way some people carry on (inc Wenger), it's like we play in a league that has no physicality whatsoever. Anyways, Lansbury has been taught the Arsenal way so possesses good technical ability. He is strong, well build, a good passer and is Arsenal through and through, which means he has PASSION!

If we can put up and play with dross like Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Vela and Aluminium, then this guy should be given a proper opportunity!

8. gunnersurprisepeople

Completely agree, would rather see a guy with heart and commitment given the chance than another run for the likes of Denilson or Diaby. We know by now the level those lads will consistently perform at. Give the lad a chance, at least he will put in the effort unlike some.

9. robin_van_ fiberglass

I agree, is not technically good enough and lacks the creativity to be an attacking midfielder in a top premiership club.

10. Cockney Eyetie

Just read some of the comments and I can only say what i saw last Saturday.
    The lad looks quick,has skill,tenacity and ran non-stop for 90mins,and scores from midfield. He is still young and can improve ten fold.

Sounds like just what Arsenal need right now,as an outsiders opinion.

11. robin_van_ fiberglass

He was playing against Portsmouth though. You took any of our midfielders and put them in the championship and they would look really good.

12. Highland Gunner

Best place for him at the moment needs regular football and he has a lot of time to improve

13. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

He won't be an attacking mid, nor a defensive mid, but in the tenacious box-to-box role I think he could have a future at the club. Wouldn't mind keeping him as a replacement for Rosicky when he leaves. He's only going to improve and could be a really good player.

I do believe he has a future at Arsenal if he's prepared to be patient.

14. Cockney Eyetie

I doubt some of your foreign young midfielders would. We had Aliadiere on loan from you the last time we were in this league,and he was'nt up to it at all.
    It does'nt matter what the opposition is if you work your bollocks off for 90mins box to box. Name me one player you have now that does this ala Parker ?

Every team needs an 'engine room' player,like when you had Parlour. Fine,they might not have the silky skills,but you still need a spoiler.

15. gunnersurprisepeople

Well said, I think we have to many fans who are obsessed with the Wenger type player who is all about touch and class but are not prepared to get stuck in. No harm in having a player like that in the squad or on the bench.