1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thank you Beth!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by terryb, Jan 2, 2016.

1. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I made two very rash & stupid decisions. The first was driving to Shepherds Bush instead of watching Sky.

The second was thinking that the water laying in an underpass would only be enough to cover the soles of my shoes. This resulted in my socks being soaked. Not good when you have suffered Bronchitis & will have cold & wet feet for another six hours!

However, I continued to the pub to meet Beth, Staines & Roller. It was then that Beth sugested that I should call in the club shop to buy some socks! So obvious, but I hadn't thought of it!

Therefore, I am now the proud (?) pocessor of two pairs of Queens Park Rangers socks, purchased for the bargain price of £8!

Thank you Beth, you are our player of the match for yesterday!

2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I think the question mark should've been after "pocessor".

kiwiqpr and rangercol like this.
  3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

No problem Terry...was nice having you sit in front of us too
    Was saying to Roller yesterday. It is correct, there is a big difference between men and women..... I only saw your predicament as a "Shopping Opportunity"....

Glad you got such a bargain...

4. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I'm only hoping that Hasselbank has a shopping opportunity after Austin is shipped out. We read all the time about striker crisis at other clubs but who can be worse off than QPR right now with a comedy German and a dysfunctional winger as our options up front?

5. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to get just a bit hacked off at the constant running down of Polter. He has started 4 times, scored in 3 and contributed substantially to the scoring of a number of goals by others. Not bad for a complete unknown. There are plenty in the team with reputations (and egos to match) who have contributed significantly less. There's nothing that a kilo of red meat a day, a bit of one to one training with Paul Furlong or Sir Les wouldn't fix.

Who were you referring to as the dysfunctional winger? There seem to be a number to choose from

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

At ****ing last, someone else who can see the merit in The Big German.

7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Obviously I have not seen him play but 3 goals in 4 starts sounds pretty impressive to me
    Why does he get everyone on his back

8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I got no idea, ask Jet, Henry, Perch, Ned, Konch, Phillips, Toscer, Fer etc etc- they have more experience of support on back.

Polter looks like he gives the opposition a hard time to me, and he's scoring. He's one of a number of good young signings made by Les/Chris last summer, best in years IMO -so on 2nd thoughts maybe they can best answer your question.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  9. Uber_Hoop

I like the corn dolly he wears on his head. image.jpeg

10. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I haven't seen him
    I hope I love him
    Germans do things better IMO and so if he is scoring then no reason why he can't carry on
    Austin will be gone I am guessing so new stars will be formed

11. Uber_Hoop

Don't mention the war, Paul. I mentioned it once, but think I got away with it.

12. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

I think a lot of fans compare Seb to Charlie which is wrong. I'd like him to play up front with Charlie, if he is not sold in January. Could pick up a few tips from the maestro:emoticon-0167-beer:

13. YorkshireHoopster

Ridiculous expectations. Unless the player can dribble, pass with 100% accuracy and win every physical battle, many on here don't accept him. It was the same with OBZ, Paul Furlong and Peter Crouch. Each of them had to win us over. I see very little difference between the OBZ finished article and the Polter replacement model. Neither would set the world alight with their dazzling array of ball skills but both try, make a complete nuisance of themselves and can score goals. The difference is entirely down to age and experience. Their primary role however is to hold the ball up and bring other more dangerous players into play. That he does as well as can be expected for now for someone who has not played at this level before. Well done CR and LF.

TimPR78, QPR Oslo and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. YorkshireHoopster

And another thing. It's only because Brits are hopeless at languages that we have not adapted the 'Oh Bobby Zamora' song to welcome him here. All together now. 'Say-bast-eee-an-pole-ta'

15. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Great arguments from a thread that started with a pair of socks <laugh>

Polter's hard working and a respectable string to the bow - we need at least one more decent string to cover for injuries, even if we keep Charlie

As to socks, I'm bloody sure Marks and Spencer's build in obsolescence now

TimPR78 likes this.
  16. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Sorry to piss on everyone's bonfire but I think Polter is pretty rubbish.....just my opinion for what it's worth and I hope I'm proved wrong.

Sooperhoop likes this.
  17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

What do you think of Jamie Mackie young sir?

18. Staines R's

Pretty rubbish too I'm afraid.

Don't get me wrong, I can't fault either of their effort, which always seem 100%....it's just the lack of technical ability that I dislike

19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

In theory I should dislike Polter on the same grounds as I dislike Mackie - clumsy triers at best. But there is something about the Big German that I like. He does have the odd decent touch as well.

20. Staines R's

Polter is a strange one for me as I said to a mate at the game on about 75 mins that we have a striker who can't run, can't shoot, can't pass and can't head the ball........then he goes and scores a great header not long after......

What do I know, eh ??