1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ten League games played how have we done.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by wakeybreakyheart, Sep 27, 2017.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I will not pretend to know it all about Leeds every game.so i will give my limited views and hope you join in.
    First up for me is goals conceded last four games comes to eight.way way too many and puts to bed the myth we have a great defence.my next point will upset some as i do not think Cooper is our best choice .Pennington is far better and i hope he takes his chance while Cooper is banned.
    Luke Ayling what the hell was he doing against Cardiff? he is supposed to be a full back not a winger.Alioski does not cover for him anyway.Headless chicken who spends far too much time up the field.needs to be told to limit his runs.
    Goalie i am afraid is rubbish ,simple as that we deserve better than him.
    Lassoga has no pace as such so needs a link up player with him.he is not a target man and can hardly win a header but he will do a job.
    next is up to you guys.how do we sort out the midfield when it is overloaded with attacking players.Saiz and Hernandez ..Alioski ..Phillips ..leaving O'kane to do the hard work as was seen in the last twenty minutes against Ipswich.we have some good players in the squad but they are not being used right.
    Any comments and views are welcome so please feel free to post.let's not try and get personal though although any banter is welcome too.

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

..... and yet we've still managed to win 20 points in those 10 games, which is auto qualifying performance. And not to mention advancing through 2 rounds of the LC.

Wish we'd had all these problems for the last 10 years! :D

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I believe IF we have a problem it is that TC is not experienced at English championship football and he is finding out the hard way that certain things are a bit different. People can slate the likes of Warnock but he knows this division, he put a team out to do a job and they followed instructions.

Yesterday in my opinion, the team selection was woefully wrong, Thomas had a plan and either it didn't work or the players ignored instructions. The good thing is Thomas has already proved he is not afraid to drop players.

One more error for me, allowing the players to pick the captain, it makes it hard for Cooper to be dropped and I'm hoping the same as Wakey, now is the time for Pennington to make the spot his own.

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Ten games in and huge progress made. Would I have settled for second spot at this point in time at the start of the season, of course I would. Agree keeper though is not good enough or Philips either imo. At least we apparently have a ball of cash to strengthen in January. All about hanging around close to the top till then

5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

And yet we lost two games we should have got something out of.expectations are running high in wakey central.

Whitejock likes this.
  6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Maybe the tactics v Cardiff WERE wrong or no plan B However a Player getting sent of for 2 yellows in my book needs his arse kicking
    Some may not like my comment ha ho

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

And hardly acceptable behaviour for club captain

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Coops has done very well but cant mix it at the battling end. Pennington should make it hard for Coops to get his place back.

Tommy may say the right things about what to expect from Milwall, Ipswich & Cardiff but its obvious he either couldnt get it over to his players or he was surprised just how tough it really is against the Warnocks.

We have plenty of flair players but Warnock kicked Pablo out of the game early, he was limping almost all of the first half. Alioski was bundled over, sandwiched without any protection. Pontus took a massive hit early on which affected him, Klich was smashed before he could settle & Phillips was harassed all game.

Lassoga & Grott for me up top against Cardiff to batter them back. Roofe on the wing with Viera, Klich & Phillips in the middle.

We go again this time against another contender whos team talks are done on a screwed up bank note

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  9. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Had the easiest start possible to the campaign and have played all 4 of the teams that will fight out relegation. Battered Burton who will be whipped by everyone. Teams now know we are ponderous and lightweight and between now and Christmas we will lose quite a few. Am going on Sunday and I can't see us getting anything from the game. We could take a pasting, hopefully it wont be a repeat of the six we conceded a couple of years ago but if Fritz is in goal its possible.

TC (Lovely Geezer) likes this.
  10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

10 games in. 20 points. I'd have bitten your hand off if offered that at the start of august. When allowed to play, we play positive attractive football.

I flagged this run of games a while back as being key because 'wall, Ipswich, Cardiff are physical athletic sides new to TC and the new foreign lads. It's safe to say we don't have an effective solution at the moment to sides who physically outmatch us and are prepared to rough us up a bit.

We also had a pretty kind run of games up until now. If you look at October's fixture list you'll see how tough it is.

So, 10 games in, plenty of positives and some obvious areas of concern. We need a left back and a bigger better bridcutt replacement as a minimum in jan.

I think at the end of October I'll be able to give a much better assessment of where we're really at.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Once again I think we are all over analyzing this game. I didn't think for the first 20 mins that Cardiff bothered us much and until the goal went in we were comfortable enough. I can't be arsed going through each player because even if TC changes the whole eleven, if we lose that team will be slated and supporters will be calling for him to change certain players again. Just my opinion though<ok>

12. Irishshako

A bad day altogether Glory, six goals and I met you for the first time..........:emoticon-0105-wink::grin:

MIGHTY likes this.
  13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

... I thought we looked good for 20 mins Shaka. One cock up, they got their tails up and we seemed to panic... the jitters being a point of concern. Think we missed O'Kane to put his foot on the ball and calm things down a bit.

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  14. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spot on. <ok>

15. Irishshako

Agreed 100% with your sensible comment Milky..<ok>

16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Total rubbish and bollucks.

17. Irishshako

In an ideal world we'd have the same eleven for every game. But it seems to me that TC needs to pick a team to suit the team we are playing on the day. <ok>

18. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Who would have thought Bamba had a game like that in him?

19. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

I don't want to be pedantic but that's not how you spell bollocks.

southernwhite and Whitejock like this.
  20. Irishshako

Henandez injured himself in a tackle, Pontus was clattered by his own keeper. Alioski didn't help himself early on by diving, it meant the ref was against him from then on in. Philips just had one of those days...:(

FORZA LEEDS, ristac and Oldsparkey like this.