1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Feb 2, 2022.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

We've rebuilt before after relegation etc. If, as it seems, he doesn't suffer fools and egos lightly it could go well, the important thing is that expectations are managed and realistic

cytrax and HRH Custard VC like this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I've read every worst possible headline about the death of Manchester United that I am now very excited for next season knowing that the so-called dead club couldn't be any more dead. I think this bolds well for a new start whereby the expectations are now firmly in the gutter. No one is going to be talking about challenging for anything next season.

This has to be the starting point. I know that we think that the defense is just inherently so bad and we should simply bring in new players. But we have to look at the problem holistically and it starts with those bad apples in the team. First, if you do not want to play for the club, then GTFO!! What I am hoping for is a massive culture reset that truly holds the players accountable and build a team with grit about them. And with ten Haag's progressive style of football, good things shall follow sequentially.

Diego likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It's about time the players were brought to book.
    The last couple of managers have "not set us up right, not selected the right team, had no game plan etc etc".
    The one constant has been the players, if what i have read about this guy is true (and if he has agreement from the club) then some "stars" are about to get a severe case of reality.

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Jose tried to get rid of those bad apples but never got the support that he needed. Then Ole inherited them. Clubs should never pick players over managers. Surely we won’t let that happen again!

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't think it will. For 2 reasons. Firstly Ten Hag doesn't seem like the bloke who'd allow it... and how embarrassing for the club if he fcks off because of it. Secondly, the change in heirarchy with Arnold, Murtough and Rangnick behind the scenes who will be working together with Ten Hag.

Actually 3 reasons... there were enough ppl in Ten Hag's ear before he took the job telling him not to bcos of the fckwittery from those at the top and I'm sure Ten Hag will have made it clear the club has to back him 100%.

And let's not forget, the United board will have looked at the likes of Liverpool and City and seen how giving the right manager full support leads to long term success. They can't be that dense ffs.

For all these reasons, I think ETH will have more power than any manager since Fergie...it's about how he uses it.

It literally CANNOT be allowed to fail.

cytrax likes this.
  6. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

so why is it being reported that Ten Hag wanted to bring in Steve Mclaren as an assistant coach and been told to go forth and multiply? You want a new broom and the new manager to have control and the Utd board have him that in fact, he’s not the Manager, but just a first team coach.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Link or that's bollocks.

<ok>

8. Mark Blow

Look on the bbc sport website under football gossip. The story is in the telegraph. The telegraph story says Ten Hag wants him but the headline in the gossip says no, you’re not having him

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Half the gossip column is about United this morning since ten Hag appointed. It's exactly that though, gossip. I don't believe we'll sign Rice or that Barca are interested in Rashford either, this stuff rarely actually happens.

I can't see it being a sticking point, the word 'refuse' is key here and that's just click bait journalist stuff.

Am a bit torn on McClaren, he was an excellent coach when he was with us but that's 22 years ago.

cytrax likes this.
  10. Mark Blow

The issue isn’t so much that he wants McLaren as an assistant coach it’s the fact, if this is true, is the club saying who he can and who he can’t bring with him as assistants. Unless I’m mistaken, I believe Pep, Klopp and Tuchel brought their own assistants when becoming managers and weren’t told no you can’t bring these people with you. Your club needs a huge overhaul, and putting restrictions on the overhaul before your new Manager even walks through the door isn’t going to work

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yeah mate, like I said, it's clearly bollocks.

Treble likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

And yet if the same "gossip" was being written about Klopp, this bloke would be the first one writing it off as gossip along with a dozen others on the the Livpl board.

Ten Hag's not even started and ppl are trying to write their own narrative lol. Here's a thought...how about waiting until Ten Hag walks through the door and then let's see how much say he has. <ok>

13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I hear you on the people in ten Hag’s ear, but let’s get real here on the business side. There is £9m a year on the table. If someone offered me that, I would shoot anyone that tries to get into my ears. lol

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Oh look, looks like it was just rumours and bollocks...

Not that if he hadn't joined would have proved anything more than it was just rumours and bollox either.

Diego likes this.
  15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Social media though.

Everything posted on there is fact, obviously.

Diego likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

In case ppl havn't seen it...

cytrax likes this.
  17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

“I think we have to work and we have to set clear purposes, clear strategy, and then you need people who have capabilities, and have the right attitude, positive attitude, 100% committed and work hard, and we will achieve success”

I like him! His answers are so direct. No media cock-ups and zero nerves! I think the club has done extremely well to bring him in. It is the first time that we have actually used a process to get a manager and not just gut feeling or reacting to media.

The players will have no choice but to clean up their attitudes. They will be watching this press conferencing and know that it is time to step up or be gone. I look forward to pre season and ultimately seeing how we start to transform from a directionless club to a club with a method to our on-field exploits in the next season.

The expectations are now set so low but this guy is proven winner, a builder, and works well with young talents. I have nothing negative to say about this appointment.

glazerfodder likes this.
  18. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

As expected the scumbags in the press are already out to set him up to fail and make him look either delusional or over ambitious.

when asked about Pep and Klopp and their dominance and whether he can see their dominance being ended while they are still there. He simply said possibly yes and that Utd and other clubs will do their utmost to end that. The journos in the room completely transformed what he said into massive headlines on how he was soon going to topple them.

cytrax likes this.
  19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Allegedly, ETH is already asking for full report on players including their planned holidays and where. This is in preparation for preseason to ensure that the players are in top shape as they return to training.