1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Teams In The Premiership ? (From up North)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The Little General, Feb 22, 2019.

1. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Is the divide finishing football , if lasses can't live in London or Cheshire are we fooked up North and The Midlands ?

2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Depends what your definition of the 'North'.

I know you said championship but take the EPL as an example. Many from the south class it as Manchester and above meaning the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool etc are up north.

Kind've puts your point to bed as they have no issues living there do they?

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

The prem table is split pretty much 50/50 north and south with two out of the top three being from the north, so I don't get the point of the OP.

4. The Little General

In Cheshire , nice part of the world, not Manchester or Liverpool.

5. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Do footballers and their families actually have to live within 30-50 miles of the club their playing for?
    They used to live locally 50 years ago but didn't think that applied anymore now that transport is much better.
    where do most of our current squad live? Is Jack Ross down here with his family or are they based in Scotland still.?
    Don't think it's a simple North/ South thing anymore but do understand the OP posing the question as some footballers partners still have a big say in where their willing to lay they're head these days.

The Little General likes this.
  6. Jack TheLad

Yes but you asked if football in the north was finished as WAGs couldn't live up north.

I've given you an example of how it isn't and you've not really offered a counter at all.

Waste of time replying to you the majority of the time.

Saf likes this.
  7. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

This is an issue that has been brought up in the press before like this article from the Guardian below (not copying and pasting it, it's too long). It has been suggested that a bias towards the south is the reason for clubs like Bournemouth getting to the Premier League. I'm not sure it's a theory that entirely holds water but it is a concept that is discussed in the press and elsewhere from time to time so there must be something in it.
    https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.amp...outh-relegation-hull-middlesbrough-sunderland

8. The Little General

Sorry Jack, I've been away down Hull for a few days, for what its worth I meant North as in up our end , North East.

Should have been clearer.

9. Jack TheLad

Like I said depends on your definition of 'the North'.

Think the North East has always had a problem. Ever since the Roy Keane days where he stated as much and quite open about it.

You either have to let them use us as a stepping stone or pay big money wages.

The Little General likes this.