1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team VS. QPR

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Sven is a fox, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Sven is a fox

Sven is a fox Member

Mine has to be:

Weale
    Berner, Mee, Bamba, Naughton
    Dyer, King, Wellens, Gallagher
    Waghorn, Yak

Yours?

2. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Weale
    Naugton Bamba Mee PVA
    Wellens Abe
    Dyer King Waghorn
    Yakubu​

I know Aanhold is ****ing shocking but will Berner cope with Taarabt's pace and trickery?

I would like to think yes but Sven will play Aanholt.

Waghorn deserves his start as does Dyer.

What does Waghorn offer that Gallagher doesn't?

I really hope The Yak is up for it.

3. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Interesting.

Yesterday it became very clear that we don't have good enough holding midfielder. Whether that's a big problem is another issue. Teams certainly cut through our middle way too easily. Abe is great when he's great but very off the pace and lost when he's not. Yesterday was the latter, and he plays like that too often. He's not a holding midfielder, he's just another midfielder. I'd say he's much better with the ball than without.

The only issues I have with your formation are 1. 4-3-3 has worked well on the whole and 2. Gallagher is more ineffective as an out and out winger.

For those reasons I'd stick with the formation. It's all very well saying we are too lightweight in midfield away from home, but what difference is it going to make with Dyer and Gallagher in there? It's hardly going to improve us in that sense.

The most important thing is that Ricardo and Van Aanholt are dropped. Both are a liability. Berner and Weale will sure up the defence.

And although Bruma looked decent yesterday, I don't know why Mee was dropped. He looks very solid and I like his no nonsense attitude. So I agree fully with those changes. <ok>

And I would also like Waghorn to start. We need players equipped for the fight, and Waggy will be. He makes things happen. I'd be tempted to play him instead of the Yak, such was his lack of effort in the last 2 games. I have been calling for Vassell to be dropped but he was the best of our front 3 yesterday.

I'd just go for the same team I thought should have started against Coventry:

Weale

Naughton Bamba Mee Berner

Abe Wellens King

Waghorn Yakubu Gallagher

4. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

PVA couldn't deal with a Coventry player's trickery, so I think that's a non-issue!

5. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Anyone with the initials PVA should stick to anything<nahnah>

6. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

<laugh> budumdum tsh