1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Man U

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Daniel Amartey is the only injury and Youri Tielemans is set to make his debut. So here is what I would go with

Schmeichel

Ricardo
    Maguire
    Evans
    Chilwell

Ndidi
    Mendy
    Tielemans

Albrighton
    Gray

Vardy

Subs- Ward, Simpson, Morgan, Choudhury, Maddison, Barnes, Iheanacho

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Too many eyes on us for this one, give Tielemans a few minutes at the end, keep him under the radar <ok>

Schmeichel
    Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell
    Ndidi Mendy
    Albrighton Maddison Barnes
    Vardy​

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Schmeichel
    Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell
    Ndidi Choudhry
    Maddison Tielemans Gray
    Vardy​

4. Proud Fox

No point hiding him

He is either going to be **** and we wont want him in the summer

Or he will live up to his reputation and we wont be able to sign him. Either way its a short term solution so might aswel make the most of it

5. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

he has definetly been hidden today - not even on the bench<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Ghezall comes on for Maddison to a chorus of boos - an people wonder why he has no confidence <doh>

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Don't know what was worse, the ref or our finishing.

Ironically that was one of Ghezzall's better game for us - both him and Barnes made a good number of chances but we couldn't put any of them where the keeper wasn't already standing.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I thought we played great actually.

Cannot believe people booing Ghezzal and Ihenacho. Shameful.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

To be fair to Iheanacho he does have a good defensive header - unfortunately we were attacking at the time...

Kid needs time away to clear his head and so our dickhead fans will get off his back.

HarboroughFox and Lcfcfox1 like this.

11. leicester_ed

Completely agree. And I wouldn’t boo a substitution but can sort of understand it. But to continue to boo the player afterwards!? With people like Ghezzal, he tries hard and it’s not his fault that he isn’t actually good enough.

12. Proud Fox

People wasnt booing Ghezzal. They booed the decision to sub Maddison off. Hence the “you dont know what your doing” chant

Gray and Mendy was beyond useless today and both should have got hooked first

13. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

They also continued to boo Ghezzal when he went on to the pitch. Disgusting behaviour by so called fans. He came closest to scoring and I thought he did ok when he came on.
    People are expecting him to replace Mahrez.....and no-one can do that. He's on a hiding to nothing.

FosseFilberto and Lcfcfox1 like this.
  14. leicester_ed

People 100% booed him personally and loudly when he entered the pitch and the first few minutes. Disgraceful.

HarboroughFox and Lcfcfox1 like this.
  15. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I thought we played some really good stuff today until it came to the final ball. Then we either didn't have the players to make the right move or we just couldn't finish. The same old story as it's been all season - a lack of guile and composure.. And undone by one moment of misfortune. The ball from Ricardo to Mendy was almost a good one but we were punished by 2 composed and clinical touches from Pogba and Rashford. And that was the difference between the 2 teams. None of the starting XI played badly, although Mendy was walking a tightrope for most of the match.

The trouble is Puel thinks he has to make substitutions, but they only weakened the side. Neither Maddison nor Gray should have been taken off, particularly when the replacements were Okazaki and Iheanacho. Neither added anything to the performance.

FosseFilberto and Lcfcfox1 like this.
  16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I don't get the mindset of these so called "supporters" who abuse their own team - what do they think that would achieve?

What is even sadder is Ghezall actually changed the game for the better - was the only guy that made De Gea work.

stevefox likes this.
  17. Proud Fox

I wont ever boo any of our players. While I dont rate Ghezzal but while he puts in 100% which he does then he has my full support

He tried to get on the ball and took a superb free kick. Maddison was the wrong player to bring off. Should have been Gray or Mendy as they was our worst 2 players today

MOTM for me was easily Harvey Barnes. He needs a run of games though. Not in this week and out the next. If thats the plan then he should have stayed at West Brom

Next week I would like to see Choudhury and Tielemans play alongside Ndidi in a 3 with Maddison and Barnes playing off Vardy

That will allow Ricardo and Chilwell to give us the width with Tielemans as play maker

18. leicester_ed

Was/is alrighton injured?

19. Proud Fox

Puel said he hurt his hamstring

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I am trying to remember what Maddison did the entire game for him to deserve to stay on - can just remember a shot against the wall and one at the keeper but otherwise he kept on straying into the same space as Barnes. It was telling that Barnes played much better when he came off - they need time to learn how to play together which hopefully they will get.

Neither Maddison or Barnes have ever played as a right winger as far as I know so I wouldn't play them like that - I would start Ghezzal and see if he can carry on defying the dickheads that boo him.

Tielemans was apparently was treated at Monaco like Ihneacho and Ghezall are treated here so I would ease the kid in as a late sub and see how he does rather then chuck him in at the deep end as well.

HarboroughFox likes this.