1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Fulham

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Harry Maguire, Rachid Ghezzal and Daniel Amartey are still out. Matty James is getting closer to a return. Puel has said Vardy is still struggling with an injury. So here is what I would play

Schmeichel

Ricardo
    Morgan
    Evans
    Chilwell

Albrighton
    Mendy
    Ndidi
    Gray

Maddison

Vardy

Subs- Ward, Fuchs, Soyuncu, Iborra, Diabate, Okazaki, Iheanacho

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the same formation that played the last game which was Maddison on the left and Gray in the middle.

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Completely unchanged for me

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

On a side note, what is wrong with Maguire and when is he back?

5. Proud Fox

Knee and could return at the weekend

6. stevefox

stevefox New Member

Why would you risk vardy if
    he's still suffering with an injury ?

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I agree - only problemis we don't have the options that we used to have ... Leo, Slimani to come in ... so Iheanacho really needs to step up to the plate if he is the main man...

stevefox likes this.
  8. Proud Fox

I think Puel is playing mind games over Vardy

Iheanacho is yet to step up and deliver for us but if Vardy is out. Its deffo time Iheanacho shows us what we know he can do

stevefox likes this.
  9. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Morgan, Evans and Vardy all doubtful.

10. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

If someone is to step up it needs to be Gray. Half a dozen goals over three seasons from someone who has desires as an England international is just not quite cutting it. With Iheanacho not performing then Gray really needs to have some end product to his game.

11. Proud Fox

Gray frustrates me no end. He hasnt matured in the slightest since we signed him

Alot of ability and potential but he doesnt know when to pass. He holds the ball too long when dribbling and shoots when others are in a better position

Mahrez could get away with things as he delivered with goals and assists. Gray isnt delivering nowhere near enough

For me Albrighton by far is our best winger has to play everyone week over both Gray and Ghezzal

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That is unfair on Gray - he isn't just playing as a winger this season though, is starting as a #10 and switching positions with the wingers and strikers.

Will take a bit of time and given how we are playing atm, I personally am willing to give it.

13. Proud Fox

Its not unfair. He still plays for himself more then the team. He hasnt improved much since we signed him. No one is giving up on him as he has ability but its time he starts making better decisions on the pitch

He plays on the wing 90% of the time. So saying he plays out of position doesnt wash. He used to moan alot about not starting enough and its clear to everyone why he was always in and out the team. Now Mahrez has gone Gray has hardly kicked on like we hoped

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

You seem to have given up on him - "hasn't improved" and "plays for himself" are not words of encouragement mate. What positives can you have of him after saying that?

Also comparing him to Mahrez is completely unfair - if anything have a fit about Albrighton who is the senior player and actually playing in Mahrez's position atm.

15. Proud Fox

So criticism in your book is classed as “giving up”. Give your head a wobble

And Albrighton does his job for the team. Was brilliant at the weekend and does a great job going forwards and backwards for the team

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Well from what you wrote it seems you are just critical and don't see any positives.

I personally see someone who is trying hard all the time to attack - he often is the only real attacking threat we have in attacks because everyone else is behind the ball. Yes it can be frustrating that he loses the ball but the fact is that he is always being given it and is able to work himself into those areas where it might come good.

Mahrez didn't just turn into a good player overnight, I remember a lot of times he was frustrating us in the Championship and during the great escape to the extent that I was lamenting that we weren't playing the likes of Knockheart who did a great job going forwards and backwards for the team. Boy turned out half decent in the end.

Will Gray? Bugger do I know but while he is a Fox, I'm for giving him a chance.

17. Proud Fox

At what point has anyone ever said they wont give him a chance? If you actually read what I put as to putting your on spin

Do you really need me to list all the things I like about Gray for you to realise I see some positives in him or does the earlier comment about “alot of ability and potential” cover it?

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If I have misinterpreted what you wrote then I apologise.

Is just that I kinda like Gray - quite often he is the positive spark in the team. That the spark blows out really quickly is bloody annoying but tbh I can't see where there is any other in the team atm and over defend him to a fault.

20. Proud Fox

The reason why Gray frustrates me like many other is because we know he can do so much better then what he does

Gray still hasnt learnt to pick his head up more when dribbling. He shoots from stupid positions and runs into bricks walls too often

With his ability he should be scoring and assisting much more then he does. Will he improve? Yes he will, but in the 2 1/2 years he has been here, there hasnt been nowhere near enough improvement. He had the impossible job of trying to take Mahrez’s shirt off him but now Riyad isnt here. Gray hasnt made that position his own. He isnt one of the first names on the teamsheet and at times plays because we dont have other options

He is incredible talented but the time has come for him to show us 90 minute performances week in and week out. Not flashes every now and again

He talks about wanting an England call and he is miles off that atm.

Now if I just thought he was **** or had given up on him. I would just say that and move on