1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Jamie Vardy is fit leaving us with just Daniel Amartey injured. So here is what I would go with

Schmeichel

Ricardo
    Morgan
    Evans
    Chilwell

Albrighton
    Ndidi
    Mendy
    Gray

Maddison

Vardy

Subs- Ward, Maguire, Fuchs, Iborra, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho

2. Proud Fox

Wilfried Zaha is suspended for Palace

3. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

------------------Schmeichel
    Ricardo---Morgan---Maguire---Chilwell
    -------------------Iborra
    ---------------Ndidi---Mendy
    ----------Albrighton----------Maddison
    ------------------Vardy

Subs- Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Gray, Choudhary, Okazaki, Iheanacho

4. Proud Fox

Ben Chilwell is a doubt. Straight forward swap for Fuchs if he is out

5. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Schmeichel

Pereira Morgan Maguire Chilwell

N’didi Mendy

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy

Picks itself, doesn’t it?

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I like this formation against the bigger teams as I though it had potential vs Spurs but vs Crystal Palace with no Zaha I think @leicester_ed has what we should go for if everyone is fit.

Might be worth giving Ghezzal another shot - lets see if he is any good.

7. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

Close Ed, just Chilwell not in the squad, replaced by Fuchs.

8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

It is becoming quite a habit now for out of form teams to beat us or draw with us when everyone else is beating them. Today at Crystal Palace and only a home draw with Burnley when every other side was getting a win. It isn't coincidence. No disrespect to Crystal Palace but they had scored just 4 goals at home before today, and their talisman was out, yet we got beaten. After a shockingly bad performance against Spurs last week I was hoping for (but, admittedly, not expecting) a positive result today. More disappointment. What is going on?

And I see Madison was substituted at half time? Presumably he must have been injured?

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I’ve alwaya defended Puel but even I’m losing patience now. Chelsea and Man City twice in the next 3 games could be messy. That was almost impossible to lose today given all the signs yet we managed it. We do seem to be going backwards fast at the minute...

10. stevefox

stevefox New Member

From the mouth of the man himself " no he's not injured it was a tactical change " or words to that effect

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Listened to the match on the radio and and sounds like he was having a bad game - was brought off for Ghezall who's name I heard being mentioned a lot more at the very least.

It seemed like Vardy had a goal wrongly disallowed because he tackled the keeper a bit too hard and hit the post when it was easier to score - will be checking out MotD later but think it will be one of the last ones as all in all sounded like a bad game as both teams cancelled each other out and the only quality being the long range shot from whatshisname who scored.

Lcfcfox1 and stevefox like this.
  12. Proud Fox

Another Claude Puel masterclass

You must be delighted with his tactical nouse today Big Fox

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Not as much as you seem to be delighted in our defeat so you can say I told you so.

14. Proud Fox

Never delighted when we lose. As ive been saying for months. Puel is clueless. He just dont have a clue. His team selection is baffling alot of the time, his tactics are awful

We have no energy, creativity, or anything positive in our play

We dont create chances, we arent playing as a team, no urgency in our play.

We are boring to watch and me like most fans are the players are completely disillusioned with Puel.

You just seem the always praise him so wondering if you had a positive spin for
    Monsieur Puel

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I am first and foremost a Leicester City supporter not a Puel supporter - when he does something I see as wrong I will criticise him but when he doesn't I won't. I think the problem you have with me is that I have have no qualms about disagreeing with you and don't have the same hate for him that you seem to have for him.

As for putting a positive spin on things, I have to otherwise I would have had multiple stokes this season. So here they are :emoticon-0100-smile - he pretty much picked the formation that you wanted and we had Maguire and Morgan up top when we were chasing thing at the death as you wanted before. We had more creativity and urgency in the second half when Puel took the ineffectual Maddison off so he did do at least one thing good there. We were beaten by Palace's only shot of the game so must have some teamwork at least.

As you don't want the positives, let me tell you the many more things I didn't like from a game that we should have at least drew - we should have created more and done better the chances we were given, we shouldn't have to wait until half time to start playing, we should have spend less time trying high crosses into the box when we don't have anyone 6ft+ attacking, we should have taken more advantage of Fuchs' passing ability instead of having him play as a slower Chilwell and Ndidi was poor and as we were lacking creativity in the middle, he should have come off for Iborra.

Do I want Puel gone? Let me just say that I won't be shedding any tears if you tell me he has been sacked. Do I think that will happen anytime in the immediate future? No, as the board seem to like him for whatever reason and there are no reports about the players being disillusioned with Puel - so I just put a grin on my face and look on the bright side of life as I support my team and argue with people internet at 1.30am while I am waiting for the boxing to start :emoticon-0148-yes:

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  16. Proud Fox

Me having a problem with you is news to me. At the end of the day we both want to same thing. Our football club to be successful. We just have different views. Ive taken nothing personal from you or sent anything personal towards you

As ive said many time I like Puel’s vision of what he wants to achieve. He just doesnt have the first clue how to actually achieve it. He makes too many poor choices and thats cost us massively. There was loads of reports that the players was disillusioned towards the end of last season and in recent months. Remember when he dropped Vardy for the West Ham game

I think Puel was a bad fit for us. I didnt seen any reason for the change in direction from being a counter attacking team. Yes we needed to evolve but take a whole new direction? I dont think so

Puel has created a young team with Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Gray, Iheanacho all starting all or most games. I dont blame the players for being inconsistent when Puel changes the team miles too much. There is no continuity from one game to the next with the formation and starting line up

I agree with you on Fuchs. He is much better on the ball then Chilwell and should have adjusted tactics better with him. Defensively I dont see any problems. Alli’s goal aside we have been solid for weeks. Just lack any imagination or ambition going forward. Due to lack of options up front and our slow style of play. Today was a performance that gets managers sacked and I for one along with many other hope it was the final straw

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I still think Puel was brought in to be the fall guy and make the drastic changes the previous managers didn't make - his MO is making wholesale changes and bringing in young players. Can see his only requirement is not being relegated and a good cup run as Top said it was last season.

Vardy being dropped to the bench against West Ham was he was so ill the previous game he needed to come off in the last 5 min to throw up so he needed a bit of a rest. Sometimes you need to protect players from themselves - like he should have when Vardy got injured vs Watford but carried on playing and was out for a couple of games after.

I actually am annoyed at him being too consistent - Mendy and Ndidi have been found out and have been stifled so much is recent games so we should change that up - would like to see us using the formation vs Spurs with 3 in the middle and counter attacking. That role as one of the 3 would be perfect for King if was in our sqaud...

18. Proud Fox

ACAE12C5-83A3-4B72-875D-4555E210D38E.jpeg

This was a Southampton fan describing Puel’s time there. **** me talk about history repeating itself

19. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

The starting line up is almost what you wanted Proud. The only difference was Maguire for Evans, (almost everyone would want Maguire starting if fit) and the forced change of Fuchs for Chilwell.

The times our midfield looked up to pass the ball forward, but there was no movement was unbelievable. Vardy seems to have stopped making those runs off the defenders.

I think the formation needs to change rather than the players.

20. Proud Fox

Its the tactics that need to change. We take too long at getting the ball forward. Were happy hopelessly passing the ball backwards and sideways.

He didnt replace Mahrez and Ghezzal is nowhere near good enough and I do feel sorry for him as he was always going to get compared to Mahrez due to be pretty much a clone. Ghezzal was a poor choice. We either needed to splash out on someone proven or take a gamble signing someone. Ghezzal was neither of them

We have got rid of Ulloa, Slimani and Musa and havent replaced them. Puel seems to have no idea how to use Iheanacho and as a result the lad looks like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he gets on the pitch

We need a change. While we wont get relegated under Puel we wont go anywhere and its just boring. I want to be entertained when I watch us. Not bored to death wondering what we are trying to do on the pitch