1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Burnley

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Apr 14, 2018.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

This game is a must win - or else the season effectively ends 6 games early.
    With the injuries and suspensions our midfield looks a bit weak

I'm going for

Kasper
    Simpson, Dragovic, Maguire, Fuchs
    Albrighton, Choudary, Silva, Mahrez
    Okazaki,
    Vardy

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

3.10 and it’s alreay done. Very long afternoon ahead, feel for those that have travelled

3. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

piss poor defending for the 2nd

4. JohnTheFox

Anyone actually concerned what will happen next season...

5. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

It took 24 mins for Vardy to touch the ball.

6. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

they are on el proverbio beach already!!

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

no midfield, 2nd to the ball every time, no movement just standing waiting for something to happen, utter dross so far

8. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

oh and everton now winning !

9. JohnTheFox

Doesn’t really matter, I doubt we’ll finish top half now, I can’t see where another win is coming from this season

10. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Worst thing we ever did was to win that bl00dy league title! Ever since then we've been rubbish! <doh>

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Puel surely now has to do something about pur defensive self destruct ... Dragovic has to start the next game surely?

12. JohnTheFox

I just can’t see him changing it. Too stubborn or worried about the backlash of dropping the captain? Frankly at this point I’d sooner play knight or Hughes and Johnson at Rb

13. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Shame on you, go and wash your mouth out with soap. We are in the middle of a bad run but sit in eighth place, hardly a disaster. Yes there are things not right with the team but cant understand all the negativity.

stevefox likes this.
  14. JohnTheFox

I certainly wouldn’t go as far as to say it was bad for us (how could it be?) and of course 8th is good in the scheme of things but I think the frustration from fans is born from the fact we know the club could be doing so much better and the fight seems to have gone and the attitudes that got them to the top. It seems the last two seasons the players have picked and chosen when to turn up. TBH I think we are a bit stuck and the club seemed almost lost after the title win as how do you prepare to follow on from something you never expected or dreamed could happen? We need to move on even if that means moving on most of the players who achieved that in a gradual and managed way and get our identity back. Foxes never quit and fearless seem like the opposite of what we are seeing recently...

15. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Best thing ever! Remember it man!

16. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

Agree. Before we won the Premier League, I'm sure most of us were hoping for a stable position in upper-mid table with occasional forays at a European spot. Isn't that where we are?

LeicesterWizard and Proud Fox like this.
  17. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

The comment was made very much tongue in cheek. It was the greatest (and most nerve wracking) season I've seen in my 55 years of supporting the club, and something I never expected to witness.

But it can't be denied that we have lost much of our intensity over 90 minutes since then. We only seem able to do it once we go behind and have to try and dig ourselves out of a hole, and then we start to see a bit of the old spirit. But I think you are all now in agreement that we have to move on from that era and start again with some fresh blood. It's never going to be easy dropping or replacing the players who won the ultimate league title while they still have something to offer, but it's so true that the more you stand still the further you fall behind. I don't envy Puel but he has to make the hard decisions and drop the club captain, because he's now proving too costly. Maybe out of loyalty he'll keep him in the side until the end of the season, and maybe he deserves that. We're not going to get European football next season and we aren't going to be relegated, but I don't want to see us finish with a whimper because that might encourage the likes of Maguire and Ndidi to start listening to offers from other clubs.

18. JohnTheFox

It’s not the position in the table or even the results that are the main issue here for me. It’s the lack of intensity, desire and fight. Everything we did before. It’s easy to look and say we are stable because we are 8th now but surely it’s clear that if we carry on as we are now into next season we’ll be in a relegation scrap.
    That said I’m not in the Puel out camp. We just need some major surgery on the squad this summer. Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Okazaki, Albrighton etc. None are getting any younger

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  19. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I dont think there is a lack of fight, its just that our style has changed. Before it was Kante wins the ball, gives it to Drinky who than either found Vardy or Mahrez and we were off. Now its more about possession. Build up is slower. The majority of Vardy goals now he is receiving the ball in the box not 40 metres out and credit to him for adapting. Let Puel have a preseason and a full window and then we will see.

BigFox likes this.