1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

T'Barnsley preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Well, that's been a bit of a different start to put it mildly. We won a cup match, and have won two in a row. Something that took us until either late March or April last term.... we move on.

Good to see we have a lot more depth. Gone are the likes of Douglas / Bru ( someone please take him ) / Coke and other nowhere near good enough midfielders. The kids are alright, and at least a Mr Downes is making the most of various injuries ( get well as soon as Dozza ) and making a name for himself. Good on ya lad!

The shift to 3-5-2 will probably make our CM better. I think in particular Skuse will benefit from this. Me mate Dave went to the first game and he said in particular Skuse was class. Good to hear.

As for a line up, I think similar to opening day with perhaps Dids putting himself into the frame. Nice to have Waggy ( shoot me ) signed up so we have options uptop. Celina got through 90 with an assist so that'll stand him well.

- jesus, that is some assist for the first....need to find a way to get him in the 11 me thinks...

Feel a little for Rowe with us going 4-4-2 however his problem to force Mick's hand I'd say! Assume with Webster going off half time he may not be fit to start - massive shame. Need him back in the line up sooner rather than later - that said played 2 conceded 0 so perhaps we don't!

Bart

Iorfa / Spence / Smith / Chambers / Knudsen ( bit of a grrr

Skuse / Downes / Ward

Garner / McGoldrick

Potentially with Celina / Sears and WAGGA to come on. Crikey, we have options.....

I'll plump for a 2-2 entertaining draw. Appears though we've kept two clean sheets we may not be watertight and are certainly playing more openly than before. While I think Barnsley will be down there, how often do we win three in a row and start like a rocket!? Hope we win of course. Barnsley strike me as Gillingham / sides like that. Strong at home traditionally however so flimsy on the road.

COYB!

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Well Barnsley look like they're a bit ropey at the back having conceded 6 in the last 2 matches.. particularly if you consider Bristol to be a poor Champ team and Morcambe a poor L2 side.. Which should hopefully mean that we'll get some chances and Garner and McG look like they're in decent nick having had a decent pre season and hit the season running.

Dependent on injuries already as I think we're probably a little too light in terms of numbers (and quality) to really threaten the top 6 this season, but we're in good enough shape to give the tykes a bloody good game and if we can come away with the 3 points will certainly help to build the confidence and belief amongst the squad and fans

Bart
    Spence | Iorfa | Chambo | Smith | Jonas
    Ward | Skuse | Downes
    Garner | McG

1 - 0 away win with McG getting the goal and we ride our luck as we desperately see the game out

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Downes / Nydam and Kenlock all starting a league game. Well done academy and fair play Mick for sticking them in. McDonnell bench too!

COYB

Bigalreigned likes this.