1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Taylor Fully Focused.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 21, 2019.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Taylor fully focused on league push
    Thursday, February 21st 2019

Matty Taylor says the team are concentrating on a strong league campaign, with just a third of the 2018/19 season remaining.

They head into the Norwich City match after defeat in the Emirates FA Cup against Wolves at the weekend.

Taylor described the result, City’s only defeat in their last 16 games, as “a blip” as he focusses on helping the team push on in the Championship.

“We’re really looking to the Norwich game. They’re top of the league right now, that’s where we want to be and hopefully we can get a good result,” the striker said.

“We’re on a good run of form. We had a blip against Wolves which was tough but we’re moving on and fully focused on the league now. Everyone is buzzing, confidence is high in the camp and we’re looking forward to the game.

“It will be tough, they were fit at our place with lots of energy, pace and they have a real goal threat in Teemu Pukki. We have a game plan ready and hopefully we can go there and beat them.”

The forward has made the majority of his appearances from the bench this season, and while he has been influential, Taylor knows the importance of the wider team game.

“The fans seem to like my song and it’s nice to hear it sung around the ground,” he added. “It’s a boost and I’ve done well from the bench. I think that’s why I always start on there [laughs] but we’re winning, things won’t change much if we’re winning which is understandable. With 15 big games to go we have to dig in and see where that can take us.

“It’s a long trip for the fans so to have 800 of them there on Saturday is fantastic. They’ll be cheering us on, singing their hearts out. Hopefully we can get the result and send them back on the long trip home happy.”

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/taylor-fully-focused-on-league-push/

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Good news for RR...:emoticon-0105-wink:

RedorDead likes this.
  3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

If only he made the same impact starting a match as he does when he comes on as a sub he'd be a quality player, that said I do like him in our team

Red Robin likes this.
  4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Best footballing brain down the gate.

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

He does well as an impact player , I do like him . For some reason he has been ineffectual on the few occasions he’s started which is a shame.