1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DickPlumb, Jan 13, 2017.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

"Supposedly". Think it's just lifted from a previous article. Think the one that The Mail ran.

Swindon probably because they wear red shirts. I'm not going to get excited.

3. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Would welcome them as long as they didn't rebrand us. Certainly would be more ambitious than Roly.

4. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i would welcome them whatever. they seem to understand football and anything done with the red bull brand is done well.

even as red bull charlton, we'll still be called just "charlton" to anyone in the game

5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I can live with the Red Bull Valley. Red Bull Charlton would be near enough unacceptable. If they want to change the kit, they should keep away. And Roland can do one too.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Can see it now:

Walking down red bull lane, turn in to red bull valley to watch RB charlton, drinking vodka red bull and an eequally delightful red bull pie.

DonCorleone likes this.
  7. DonCorleone

If the Vodka and Red Bull is free, I can live with that.

Brings back memories of being in Benidorm on for a mates stag a few years back - Irish bar selling pint glass half full of Vodka and a can of red bull for €3. Ended up on my own watching sticky Vicky pull endless items out of her narnia like twat.

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Normal Monday night right there!

9. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Only uncivilised people and Poles drink Red Bull in public.

As for the Leipzig rumour, the Sage Paul May has rubbished it, so it could be true.

Have we signed those 3 players from Bournemouth yet?

DickPlumb likes this.
  10. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Apparently, from a reputable source, a representative of Red Bull has been at the Valley for the last three home games. Are we having new drink dispenser's installed.:emoticon-0114-dull:

11. User deleted as requested

Is the 'reputable source' 25 stone with grease stains down his shirt?

DickPlumb likes this.
  12. DonCorleone

Sources are telling me it's in regards to a billboard.

13. User deleted as requested

We will know when Duchatelet is ready to sell Charlton, because Konsa and Aribo will be sold the week before.

14. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I cannot understand why RD stays, unless it's bull headed stubborness. His idea about the network have disintegrated, running the club at a profit has all the effectiveness of a child's sandcastle with the tide coming in, so he is in a club where the fanbase are deserting, while those that remain are still largely resentfull of him, losing money hand over fist, and with the club a league below where he found it.
    In that situation, I'd take the money from a buyer and run. He has his electronics business, so he can slot KM in there to sit in a chair and be pretty, and I bet he doesn't get the level of abuse he gets from his football clubs. Even looking longterm that he brings in a director of football who catapults us up into the Prem, he won't be able to sustain that as he will want to suck all the TV money out into his pocket, which the players will do for him. The running costs will be higher, and he's a knob.
    Logis says he should sell. I dunno if Red Bull are much of a great alternative - they run successfull clubs, but they change them completely, and their drink is fizzy ghastliness. Fun times, but maybe with the Lookman cash, he might consider selling. And Dead Bull should consider that changing the shirts and the club name will NOT bring the fans flocking back, though Premier football might revive the old Medway buses again.

15. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

As Roland has shown, any club is pretty well at the mercy of the owner, whoever that is. If Roland doesn't sell, his total lack of ambition will kill the club eventually, so any change of ownership would be a positive thing for me. It seems Paul Elliott is unable to get the funds together, so we'd probably have another foreign owner. Red Bull, or whoever, would start with a clean slate, and we'd take it from there.

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  16. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Superb post, Ken.

17. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The Flying Monk is confident we'll have new owners by July 17th. I like good news like that. I even like it if it's fake.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

IA made the mistake of calling one of the loyal's dad a "****wit". That's all I will say.

19. User deleted as requested

Notice the way serial camp attention seeker Nigel Williamson swarms all over any ITTV poster who has genuine info.

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Read the thread - all too cryptic. Anyone with a serious interest would not have bee discussing so in the millennium lounge <laugh>.

Yes Paul was there. He goes as often as he can for as many years as I can remember.

The flying monk had old Williamson on the ropes which is funny. Almost as funny as his prediction on ol, Mal.