1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

S.A.F.C. - the future

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alan reed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Tongester55

Tongester55 Well-Known Member

Hopefully that is the case but Wheatsheafs comment is "Contract still not signed but apprently everything is on track for signatures and possibly announcement late next week", which suggests at the front end and not at the EFL end?

Robertson likes this.
  2. Julio

Julio Well-Known Member

Hopefully it sounds like it could well be PP last game on Friday

3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Was there not somebody on here repeated a 100 times around July/August nothing was signed and it was no where near and it would be nearer Xmas and he got banned for it, strange that!

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  4. Rhys Lincoln

Rhys Lincoln Member

Look at beer hawk and use the code BVM10

5. Rhys Lincoln

Rhys Lincoln Member

Dont want to but feel of we loose on Friday it definitely will push Parkinson out the door and then we can start playing gusball

kmoff and jpdsafc like this.
  6. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

Not true. Just look at when SD and Co bought the club and had Chris Coleman shown the door immediately before the takeover.

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  7. ab65

ab65 Well-Known Member

Splendid. Cheers for the update mate.

8. ab65

ab65 Well-Known Member

Cheers mate

9. Dunder Mifflin

Dunder Mifflin Well-Known Member

Mark Douglas been demoted from reporting on the mags, how the mighty have fallen.

Guy Incognito likes this.
  10. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

Corrected for you.

Comfy, Guy Incognito and Robertson like this.

11. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

Me too mate, I did a while ago, hes playing the same game on here just not as blatant.
    Asking loads of questions then repeating things already said by the itks.
    He posted on here under his alias a couple of days ago and all he was doing was repeating what @Wheatsheaf posted weeks ago

12. Gazj2k

Gazj2k Well-Known Member

Gooch out for 8 weeks minimum is great news for our creative manager and squad.

13. Young Ted

Young Ted Well-Known Member

Ohhh giz a clue

14. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

The main talk over the road is Charlie Methven having a stronger voice at the moment. Even as far as demanding from potential new owners that he be dismissed. I’m not very fluent with shares and ownership but I don’t think you can sack a shareholder ??

My own opinion is this. Methven critically underestimated Sunderland fans. He burned bridges but there could be ways back even for a Tory :emoticon-0102-bigsm. I’d want to hear admittance that they did do things wrong and I’d want to hear why it would be any different this time.

I think the other approach would potentially knacker a takeover from this particular group.

Guy Incognito likes this.
  15. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Don’t want to piss on your chips mate but if it goes through in December you’re going to look a right twat.just saying like <laugh>

16. JHmackem

JHmackem Well-Known Member

I don't want Methven anywhere near our club, in any capacity. It looks like he's going to retain shares by the sounds of it, which is bad enough. I ****ing despise the odious piece of **** and categorically do not want him speaking for or representing Sunderland AFC. With a bit of luck, he'll stay quiet, get his eventual payday, and **** off.

Huds0n, Iansun, scott934 and 15 others like this.
  17. I'm not inclined to big up Methven's importance in all this too much. If the takeover goes through as we think it might,together with the wholesale management changes we all want to see, and,in a short space of time,our fortunes on the pitch pick up,I don't think too many will take too much notice of him. He's not going to have much of a say. Of course,he will need to keep out the way and keep his gob shut.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

COYCS, Guy Incognito and TonyG like this.
  18. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I think whatever shares both Donald and Methven have after this is done ... serves one purpose. To get a pay day if the new owners do well. Its a tenuous financial link to the club and i'm certain they will have zero say on any decision on the day to day running at SAFC... At least I hope this is the case

19. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

I’m really not worried about Donald and Methven. I just want the takeover to happen. If the takeover happens; they will have little to no influence whatsoever.

I think people may be making too much of any influence they do have, if they do have any. Frankly, neither of them are evil people desperately trying to stop us succeeding. They both have millions of reasons to want us back in the premier league. They’re hardly going to be blockers to that success.

What is key is we get the new ownership with clear and empowered leadership who know what they’re doing. So much easier said than done.

As soon as the takeover happens, Methven and Donald will just be two minor annoyances we hear about every now and then. Any future success or failure will be nowt to do with them.

20. 6inarow

6inarow Well-Known Member

Yeah bang on, a minority shareholder is more or less a silent investor with little to no influence...thats what Satori has been for the last 2 years...thats why he has done nothing that we can see

Left For Dead likes this.