1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SWP - Is he up for it....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Littlelegs, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

I been looking around through various sources including the short little training videos and the one constant is SWP.

He seems to feature heavily in all the training etc.

It's making me think that maybe he is really up for it this season.....

The drop in division may suit him really well, it might get his confidence back to a level it was a few years ago, when he was on top form.

A confident SWP would terrorise a lot of teams in the NPC...

Any thoughts???

2. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

I've not seen enough of the training videos, but I do agree that if he's on form and gets his confidence back, he'd be golden for us...

3. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Don't get sucked in. The most overrated player in the history of football. How I curse the day that he signed for us. It galls me to think how much we are paying this guy every week.

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for much but expecting little.
    I have never seen a person spending so much time and effort, achieving so little as this guy.
    He's like an ant on your butt cheek.
    Running all over the place, annoying the fcuk out of everyone but never really doing anything.
    One can only hope Harry has shown him a book on what a goal post & net look like, along with a video instruction on how to physically put the ball into the back of the net
    ( ... I hope they slow that part right down, maybe repeat it once or twice .... )
    so being a new season, with greetings & salutations to all, we may even witness SWP scoring a goal .............. ( I was going to say, or two )........... but I won't go overboard.

5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I posted a similar notion before the start of last season. It's a 'no' from me I'm afraid to see. Delighted to be proved wrong though.

6. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

The guy is a revolting little chav who only cares about picking his wages up. I would love to see the back of him but who else is going to pay him silly money?

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Chelski....yea of short memories

8. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

Bollocks to this another QPR singled out to have a go at

He is a QPR player and has put in many fine performances in the shirt

Stephen will make him believe in himself again something our fan base on here should think about more often
    Afterall what has the QPR fan become today

He scored the goal with the most importance last season to me a hero and always remembered

I have watched him live a lot and haven't seen a performance where he didn't try and do his job any worse than any other player

Yes he is up for it and I rate him

Fresh start coming and I suggest all of us get onside and behind whatever players are on the field that's want we do ... As I said even I will back Harold as he is the key to whether we perform or not

9. Didley Squat

We all have an opinion which is what this forum is all about but from many supporters point of view, having just seen our team demoted a division, with many players receiving 'over the odds' in player payments and with many whom have performed so poorly over the past 12 months, I think we are entitled to sound out individuals of the team, regardless of how special their one goal for the year was.

10. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

On here you can say what you like...within reason...but once the players put on the shirt and run out...you support them whatever...and you do not boo your own players from the moment they first touch the ball..aka Boswinga vs Newcastle

11. Didley Squat

Have always supported the players through thick and thin, so don't have a problem with your comments but if someone has been a slacker or consistently performed below expectations for an extended period of time. I will say likewise. which one would expect, in house of course.

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I think swp will do well next season

13. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Yes but think of the actual moment: Bosingwa comes on and touches the ball and gets booed. If he was ever thinking about turning around and trying hard, would he be motivated to do it then, when he hasn't even been given a chance by his own team supporters?

14. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Think you're right, Kiwi. He's not Prem any more, but he's got enough skill to make an impact in the Championship

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

fingers crossed

16. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

here here.....never booed a QPR player in my life....even mike Sherron....!

17. Didley Squat

In the context of the forum, we may express views that we would not say elsewhere, to me, this is what such a forum is about.
    Do I agree with bagging players at a game, no probably not but then again, probably fair to say that emotions, whether right or wrong, come to the fore.
    I can't give you a decisive answer for the simple reason I've never been to one of our games.
    One thing I do know for sure is that I endeavour to give anyone a fair go for an extended period of time. If push comes to shove thereafter, so be it.
    SWP has had ample time to be a fan favourite, now he can try and win us back.
    For the sake of the club who are paying his wages, sincerely hope he does.

18. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

I like him....tries hard and was playing well at the end of last season....will be effective in the championship..

19. DaveThomas

DaveThomas Well-Known Member

Well said Beth and I hope we can all unite on here as Last year we did nothing but eat our own players ... I was there and Bosingwa was booed from the off and abused he was simply a focal point for all the frustration of a ****ty season. Footballing blokes like Flyer know what i mean ... Hill doesn't get booed why not? just because he covers up with saying he loves the club etc and tries hard ... We can say what we what on here agree ...

Here's one to demonstrate my opinion:

Hill V SWP who has made the most awful errors that have cost us points and games ? ... Yet Hill gets away scott free because he shows the right attitude ... Team work wins you games of football today plus luck and a flash of skill ... errors lose you football matches and SWP has cost us in the past but nowhere near what Hill did IMO.

My point is we must unite as we did when we were last promoted we must grow a team spirit and then everyones game could be on song and it will grow again ... it isn't going to help my sending out bad vibes about any of the players IMO ... the proof of that was the last two years ... We live it seems on here just to moan and all i am saying I hope that changes as it becomes lodged into our brains ... You put out negative waves man expect **** to happen

20. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Goldhawk/Kiwi,

I would love to share your optimism, but I really can't see SWP doing anything different. He'll be the same old run with head down and lob the ball forward to no-one or end up in the corner instead of cutting inside and trying to bring others from midfield in to play.

The OT suggests that SWP is mostly featured in the training videos; probably because he is more photogenic than Barton :cheesy:

He's not performed well against any weaker opposition in the last two years and given his size and ability will probably be on his arse most of this coming season either thrown off the ball or on the bench. You may recall Hughes had huge faith in him and many here questioned why he even featured in our starting line up ahead of Mackie and others. My only positive thought about SWP at the moment is that he will be used as the replacement for Townsend - hardly any comparison though!!

If he can get on the score sheet in the first five games, I may well change my opinion.