1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swindon at MK Dons.

Discussion in 'Swindon' started by LastKnockingsNow, Apr 10, 2013.

1. LastKnockingsNow

I was at the game last night in the Swindon end. I'm a Southampton fan and am a friend of the Dad of one of the youth players that was on the bench last night. I could not believe what I was hearing in the stands last night. You are 6th in the league and were 0-0 with one of your play-off rivals but the abuse I was hearing towards Kevin McDonald and some of the players was ridiculous. It got so bad, that my mate actually didn't want his lad to come off the bench - luckily he didn't.
    McDonald has been in the job, what 2 months? and some of your fans were screaming for his head, and that was when you were still level. He had to follow Paulo Di Canio, who has done a good job at Swindon, but for Gods sake, give the man a chance.
    What did you expect? Win the league?. The team looked bereft of confidence at times but I thought they played very well first half, despite the abuse they were getting. Yeah, fair enough, he only played one up front, but a lot of managers play that system away from home. A point at stadium MK would have been a decent point but I guess there's no pleasing some people.
    When Saints sacked Nigel Adkins, most Saints fans were pretty pissed off, but Pochettino came in and we were willing to give him a chance and it has to be said, he has took the club forward in a short space of time. Some of the rubbish coming out of your fans mouths was totally pathetic, questioning the refs decisions of which a large majority he got spot on. I think some fans there last night, don't actually know the rules of the game listening to some of the crap they were spouting last night.
    I thought Swindon fans were better than, and most probably are, but the section I was in proved to the contrary.