1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 14, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-5-14_21-20-35.png Swansea City v West Bromwich upload_2017-5-14_21-20-35.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Sunday, 21 May 2017
    Kick off - 3pm
    Venue - The Liberty Stadium

So there will be "nothing" on this game after all - the Swans have already thankfully avoided relegation, meaning that the players and fans can turn up on Sunday and enjoy the day!

Huge credit must go to Paul Clement and his Coaching staff for rescuing the Swans from what seemed inevitable relegation. When he took over we had 12pts from 19 games. Fast forward another 18 games and we now have 38pts - an impressive 26pts from his time in charge.

The question that the Yanks and Huw have to answer is why they appointed Bradley ahead of him when they sacked Guidolin..........

The Swans have played West Brom on 38 occasions, winning 16, losing 14 with 8 draws. In the corresponding match last season, Swansea overcame West Brom to secure their first win in more than two months and climb out of the relegation zone.

Ki Sung-yueng stabbed in the only goal of the game after goalkeeper Boaz Myhill failed to hold a loose ball from Angel Rangel's shot.

Anyway, I think that the Swans will finish the season in style by beating WBA by 3-1.

Enjoy the Summer - the roller coaster that is the Premier League will return in August <cheers>

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 and seabreeze like this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Who cares now...<laugh> <whistle>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

It's party time ...<party><party><party><badger>:1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

................................................................................Fab

... Naughton ...........................VDH ............................................Mawson ....................................,,,Kingsley

....................................Cork ..................................................................................Ki

............................................................................Fer

...Ayew ...............................................................................................................................................Narsingh

...........................................................................Baston .

5. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Our strongest team as we have a chance to finish above Burnley and Watford and earn extra money for the club.

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Agreed as every place is more money and we need it. I hope we go strong and not give players a game just for the sake of it. I believe Clement knows already who he wants to keep and who he wants out. Lets finish with another win and another clean sheet.

Here is the prize money.
    Premier League prize money
    • 1st: £38m (Chelsea guaranteed)
    • 2nd: £36.1m (Tottenham)
    • 3rd: £34.2m
    • 4th: £32.3m
    • 5th: £30.4m
    • 6th: £28.5m
    • 7th: £26.6m (Everton)
    • 8th: £24.7m
    • 9th: £22.8m
    • 10th: £20.9m
    • 11th: £19m
    • 12th: £17.1m
    • 13th: £15.2m
    • 14th: £13.3m
    • 15th: £11.4m
    • 16th: £9.5m
    • 17th: £7.6m
    • 18th: £5.7m (Hull)
    • 19th: £3.8m
    • 20th: £1.9m
    Potentially there is another 4m available to us if we can finish 15th

7. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

HJ is rubbing his hands.

8. trundles left foot

Roof, why wouldn't you play Siggy or Llorente, it may be the last time as fans we get to see them in a Swans shirt and we owe them an ovation for what they have done for us and one last hurrah for them and the fans.

9. trundles left foot

or is that the yanks. But the more we make the less excuses they have for actually spending a bit on players. I hope.

10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I was going to post the exact same thing <laugh><ok>

We'll win this and finish the season in style.

11. swanseaandproud

Both sets of players have done their job now and will not want to get injured in the final game before they jet off home or go on a hard fought holiday. The game will be low tempo imo with the best excitement coming from the stands with the fans hoping for a win but not concerned one bit as the job is done....

12. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

We have to win our last game and have Watford and Burnley not to get a point to make an extra 3.8 million , if we win and go ahead of one of them it means 1.9 million . If the club knows Llorente and Siggy are off during the summer , they shouldn't chance injury . This is Clements last game , and in a relaxed state , to take a final look at players he wants to look at before summer . Let the Americans pick up the tab if we don't go higher , they had no problem picking up the probable tab for managers this season I suspect .

13. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

PC will want to win this last game and to keep the unbeaten run going. Also the team will be looking to get another clean sheet so it's 2-0 for me.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

All this talk about the money really means little to me , if I thought that for one moment that it'll be spent on improving the squad then yes but I believe it won't .Jerkins tonight on the radio stated that the squad is strong enough , listen for yourself I'm off to puke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08pvnd2

15. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Strong enough.....mmmmmm

16. Taffvalerowdy

Sounds like he's lost the plot........

DragonPhilljack and 55282 like this.
  17. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

This game has now become one of little significance, and I suspect the players of both teams would prefer the season to be already over, which it technically is, so that they could already be lounging on a sunbed somewhere warm.

I anticipate an ' after the Lord Mayor's Show ' encounter, somewhat akin to a pre season friendly.

A golden opportunity for Clement to include two or three youngsters on the bench, and give them some game time in the second half.

Carnival atmosphere guaranteed. They will hear 'Hymns and Arias' in Cardiff.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Good to "hear" from you Vetch!

I suspect you are right - although a much better experience to be had than if we had to get something out of this match! <cheers>

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

He's losing all reality of what has happened this season, plus he failed to acknowledge his gross neglect of recruitment last summer, which he was forced to put right in January, this to me shows an underlying arrogance in the man, his lack of humility in acknowledging getting so much wrong last year is very disappointing, looks like he really hasn't learnt the lesson from all this, pride can always get in the way of progress, looks like we could be in for another tough season ahead, listening to this interview, man he is such a depressing character, lacking any motivation.

I suppose the real litmus test, will be what we see in the transfer dealings, Jinx has always been ambiguous in the media, we will have to wait and see what transpires no doubt............<ok>

20. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Taff. <cheers> <smooch> <laugh>