1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 1 v 0 Preston North End

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Some people need to grow up. <laugh>

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

You don't like it because you are being challenged. You're a classic bully. I'm going nowhere and will be bothering you every time you WUM Swansea City fans on this forum.

I hope that is clear enough for you.

Stumpy and trundles left foot like this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Phew! that was tense, by accounts of some family who went yesterday, we got away with one as Preston should have scored at least 2 but, luckily, they were woeful in front of goal.

Gleaning what I was told over a very loud juke-box, our midfield stood up well to some hefty challenges yesterday but the concern is that it seems only a matter of time before one of our players doesn't get up without a limp.

Celina looked like a class act waiting to happen and he should mature into a fans fave if he can keep his legs under him.

Carrolls' role has changed from last year, he's not the link/transition player he was where he glued the midfield to the attack, this year, or yesterday at least, he was the glue that stuck the midfield together, playing it simple and always being an out pass for both Celina and Fulton in particular so they wont get into any trouble and get caught with the ball.

Fulton locked down the midfield by closing down the ball and blocking the passing lanes and ran himself into the ground doing it. Very happy he scored.

Asoro they think looks nervous and seizes up because of it. They saw bot Reid and Potter clapping and applauding him from the bench so it seems like they're giving him all the help and time he needs to find his feet. He does shown glimpses of his talent but needs to keep doing what he's doing to fill up his boots.

McBurnie didn't stop running but when the ball comes to him, the more time he has the less he'll do with it. My brother reckons he needs to be less thoughtful and more instinctive when under pressure. My Brother, 3 degrees a PHD and a brain so big its hanging out of his arsehole.

Didn't have much else to say except although solid at the back and we dont need to worry about Rodon, we were lucky to win, a draw would have been fairer result with a loss not the end of the world because of the good they saw in the team. Lots of desire, fight, grit, determination an no little skill which if we had 20% of that last season we'd be playing Man Utd this season not Preston North End.

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Attendance apparently 19,352 - given the number of empty seats, they must have included every season ticket holder, whether they were there or not.

trundles left foot likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Keep playing good football and winning and we will see full houses at every home game....98.7 % Attendance is excellent at the end of the day for a team that was relegated from the top league.....

Rhodthesod likes this.
  6. PGFWhite

It was a fairly big crowd so it may not be too far off with both the West and East stands looking pretty full. There's normally a few empty seats in the home end in August as quite a few fans are on their summer holidays so I'd say overall it was a good crowd.

7. Taffvalerowdy

I thought the capacity of the Liberty was more than 19607?

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether we were lucky to win ,a draw would have been a fair result but if Ollie had converted both very clear chances then Preston couldn't have complained ,Mulder made one good save but everything else was straight at him., Certainly a game of two halves in which in the 2nd half Preston tightened up the midfield negating most of our procession ,Potter saw the danger and sacrificed McKay to try a shore up the middle. An entertaining game combined with noisy support made the miserable conditions all but forgotten

Stumpy, PGFWhite and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

I think we will have some tougher tests coming up, but great for these two wins to help build confidence and I really hope we will have some loan signings to bolster us before the Leeds and Bristol game

10. PGFWhite

I also thought a draw would have been a fair result, but when you think that McBurnie could have had a hat trick (missed pen, weak shot in first half at keeper and then lifted the ball over the bar late in the second half) perhaps we are underselling ourselves. Having said that, if we continue missing chances, better teams will turn us over.

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I agree , but isn't it better to play against the so called weaker sides ( that's not my opinion of either side we've played so far ) to give the team a chance to develop understandings in each others play, some of the interplay in both games so far has been reminiscent in parts of how we use to play consistently , if Potter can bring that back then we should respect but fear no one. Winning breeds confidence and that's something that's been lacking for too long

12. Taffvalerowdy

I see that Joe Rodon made the Sky Bet Championship Team of the Week <applause>

13. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It is but there's a section for away fans and that was where the most empty seats were.

14. Taffvalerowdy

I know - I just can’t see where Dai gets his 98.7% from<cheers>

15. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

It is saying 20750 when I googled it. also 20970, 21088 take your pick.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  16. Taffvalerowdy

I had something like 20,800 in my mind

trundles left foot likes this.
  17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Two games in and this is exactly what I wanted to see, all our young guns including the newbies, stepping into the tired old boots left them by the soon to be forgotten departed and shaming the **** out of the mercenary bastards.

Great Rodon made the team of the week but what is making me smile big time is the combined effort coming from our U23's, Roberts, Rodon, Grimes, Fulton and McBurnie, all getting stuck in and busting a gut for the team.

We wont win the league, doubt we'll make the play-offs but this young team of ours is putting football back in my heart again.

Good to see Bony appreciating their efforts too and coming on to the pitch to congratulate the players, nice touch. If he stays he and Fer could have a huge impact on the season.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  18. Taffvalerowdy

19. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Does it actually surprise you.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  20. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Nope!!