1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 2 v. 0 Leicester City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-2-5_20-8-30.png Swansea City v. Leicester City upload_2017-2-5_20-8-30.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Sunday 12th February 2017
    Kick off - 16:00
    Venue - Liberty Stadium

Following their "heart-breaking" defeat to a late goal against Manchester City, Paul Clement's Swans team next face last season's (surprise) Premier League Champions Leicester City.

This season, however, Leicester are struggling and have the same points tally as the Swans, albeit with a better goal difference. Claudio Ranieri's team, who are still in the Champions League, face the ignominious prospect of being League Champions one season and relegated the next - a real hero to zero story if that were to come to pass.

Swansea and Leicester have played each other on 36 previous occasions with the Swans winning 10, Leicester 18 and 8 draws. Indeed, Leicester have won the last four matches, scoring 11 goals and conceding just the 1.

In the corresponding fixture last season, Leicester ran out comfortable 3-0 winners. Riyad Mahrez's hat-trick propelled Leicester to the top of the Premier League as they beat Swansea in what was to be Garry Monk's final game in charge at the Liberty Stadium.

Mahrez headed the Foxes in front after five minutes and fired in calmly for his second, although he seemed offside.

Swansea's Ki Sung-yueng headed against the bar after the break, but Mahrez finished an incisive counter-attack to seal his first ever hat-trick.

Manchester City's defeat by Stoke the same day saw Leicester leapfrog them at the summit - and that's where they stayed to win the title.

Looking ahead to next Sunday, depending upon the results from the previous day, both sides could find themselves in the bottom 3 come kick off - a real relegation 6 pointer. My heart says that the Swans will win 3-1, but my head says a 2-2 draw.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Play like we have the past few weeks and we can score a few goals against a very poor, Leicester team who are in freefall as we were 4-7 weeks ago.

I'm going for 3-1 win but would take the most dreadful 1-0 win right now.

Must win game and I don't care how we win it.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

4. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

We must do everything we can to stop them from getting their first away win this season. If that means playing a very boring, uninspiring, almost dirty game then so be it. This is a game we must not lose and must win.

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Banker for you guys. 4-0 Swans

6. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I can this being a draw but am letting my heart rule my head 2-1 to the Swans

7. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

That would be amazing but unlikely. Although, I think we can keep you at bay. We need to limit the space for Vardy to run into and dominate the midfield.

8. JohnTheFox

Vardy won't move off the same spot so you're fine. We haven't scored in the league since New Year's Eve so you need not worry about that. It's just a case of how many you can get, it'll be at least 2 and hopefully not more than 4 <yikes>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  9. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Double up on him with one tightly marking him and the other clearing up the loose ball.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

So you think he's a one season wonder?

11. JohnTheFox

Not in the sense of talent but his head doesn't seem to be in it

12. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

........................................................................................................Fab

..............................................Fernandez ....................................Mawson ...............................................VDH

............................Cork ................................................................Britton ..................................................................Carroll

..............Fer ..................................................................................Siggy ...................................................................................Narsingh

....................................................................................................Llorente

Massive game this one , a win will almost have us safe IMO

13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a "poor" Leicester side at all. Yes, their having a bad run, but this is going to be one hell of a battle. Lets hope the Liberty is rocking and the Foxes are hunted down.

14. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Well done Roof <laugh><ok>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  15. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

16. PGFWhite

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

A must win game with this 6 pointer......We must not blow this opportunity at home....

18. PGFWhite

I disagree. I don't see this as a must win game. Yes, it will be great if we win as it will help us climb the table and plunge Leicester possibly into the relegation zone. Important? Yes. Must Win? No. I'd take a point now.

19. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Usual 2-1 @ 17/2

Theres going to be goals in this one so.....
    3-2 Swans @ 28/1.

Hope you took the 10/1 last week on Leicester to go down now they are 10/3.
    The 40/1 I had on Bournemouth a few weeks back looking good,they are down to 8's.
    Swans 13/8 for the drop.

20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We have lost far to many home games already and with the Foxes on level points then of course it's a must win game......They all are must wins if we can now as we are still in the thick of things and still one of the bookies choices to go down.....We must not lose home games....