1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 1 v 0 West Bromwich Albion

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-12-2_23-26-22.png Swansea City V West Brom upload_2017-12-2_23-26-22.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday 9 December 2017
    Kick off - 3pm
    Venue - Liberty Stadium

Following the 1-2 defeat at the Britannia Stadium, which left them rock bottom of the Premier League, the Swans next match is against Alan Pardew's West Brom at the Liberty.

I suspect that the atmosphere will turn pretty ugly if the Swans fall behind in this match. Prior to the sale to the Yanks, Huw Jenkins claimed that outside investment was needed to take us to the next level - little did we realise that the next level was likely to be downwards to The Championship.

Presumably, Paul Clement will be in charge although it would have been interesting to speculate on matters should Tony Pulis be in the Swans' dug out...... Whilst he would ordinarily not necessarily be my choice of Swans Manager, I would be more positive about our survival chances this season with him in charge rather than Clement.

Irrespective of who is taking the team next Saturday, the Swans simply have to win. Defeat would really indicate that we are staring down the barrels of relegation.

How the Yanks & Jenkins could think they could make a cash profit on the Summer transfer window and everything would be hunky dory beggars belief......

Since their first encounter 90 years ago in October 1927, Swansea and WBA have played each other on 39 occasions, with the Swans winning 17, losing 14 and 8 draws.

In the corresponding fixture last season the Swans ran out 2-1 winners, fighting back from a goal down to beat West Brom on the final day of the Premier League season.

Having secured survival a week earlier, the Swans were in relaxed mood at a relieved Liberty Stadium but fell behind in the first half as Jonny Evans nodded in from a corner.

Swansea improved after the interval and equalised as Jordan Ayew headed his first goal for the club, before Fernando Llorente volleyed the winning goal with five minutes left.

Looking ahead to next Saturday, with Clement still in charge, I can't foresee the Swans winning or even picking up a point - it's not defeatism but realism. Posters on this forum and on others can see - and have seen for months - the problems. Why can't the Yanks and Jenkins?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. keith gatebroth

keith gatebroth Well-Known Member

Good report. It seems as if HJ and the Yanks do not want to admit they’ve made another managerial error in appointing rookie Clement and pay yet more compensation after the previous three debacles. If no new manager is in place by next Sat, then another defeat is on the cards, and the anger of the fans will erupt.

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I can hear a fat lady singing.

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Tony Pulis???

5. Bob the slob

I haven't even heard her calling for the taxi to take to rehearsal yet.
    I do get angry when looking back at the way Guidolin was hounded for weeks when this tosser is ambling through our relegation season without a murmur of disquiet from the majority shareholders.
    Why aren't the trust spokespeople making noises?

keith gatebroth likes this.
  6. PGFWhite

The Trust? They're a toothless and totally irrelevant organisation. In fact, they're part of the problem,

7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Because they're spineless cowards. They have been worse than useless during this whole shambolic period.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I'd bring him in asap.

Deleted and swanseaandproud like this.
  9. Bob the slob

But they hold a significant share in the club and if nothing else should be making the Yanks aware they are not to be steamrollered and the fans to believe they are still a relevant part of our club.

10. Bob the slob

I believe you would.

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The Yanks are bringing nobody in, just announced today on walesonline that they are backing clueless clement in january with funds for more transfer duds.....................<laugh>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Which is exactly what the Trust have allowed them to do.

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I still don't want Pulis at our club.
    It will just be ugly, unattractive, boring football. If that's what would be served up - I'll simply lose interest and stop watching. I'll go back to checking the results at quarter to five.

The PL has the glamour, but we are really just playing in a league where the highest we could reach is probably 8th. Once you accept that - the PL loses a bit of it's lustre for me.

I'd prefer to stay up, but not at any cost. I have to be entertained.

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  14. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

My sentiments as well.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

They may hold shares but the ****s hold the majority of votes and to date they think about as much about the trust as you would swatting a fly , a minor irritant .

16. PGFWhite

They hold a meaningless share in the Club. They have no power and have been shafted by Jenkins & Co, the Yanks and their own Board who have corrupted themselves.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The Americans and Jenkins say they want to give Clement more time at least until January ...<doh> We will be relegated before then cant they see that.....Also They want to send Mcburnie out on loan to Aston Villa and a couple of players will be sold in January Narsing being one of them.......We are being sold down the river make no mistake...

Deleted and DragonPhilljack like this.
  18. swanseaandproud

Cant see anything other than a WIN...........

For WBA....

Deleted and DragonPhilljack like this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Easy win for WBA, matter of fact, I doubt we will win another game this year, we are that bad..........<ok>

Deleted and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  20. swanseaandproud

Even if we manage a lucky win it will be to little to late now. Clement will still be here and there is no way on earth will he mastermind a string of wins that we desperately need. I do feel sorry for clement as Jenkins and the Americans are giving him false hope and when we go down who do you think they will put the blame on.....

Deleted likes this.