1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea at home 7th May

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, May 7, 2013.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

This one has banana skin written all over it. Never like us to go into a game favourites. That said, we are getting some momentum going - though lots of injuries will mean we're likely to be defensively frail. Apparently Caldwell was just making up the numbers on the bench at the weekend and wasn't going to be risked - he has been much less effective than he was in the run-in last season though. Both he and Alcaraz are down for last fitness tests. To have Alcaraz back for the Cup final and the last couple of games would be a massive boost.

Only other thing I want to see happening tonight is McArthur starting. Everyone seems baffled as to why he's not first name on the sheet. He mad a huge difference coming on for Gomez at the weekend - there's no way Jordi would have been on the end of a cross in the six yard box.

Swansea seem relaxed and content with what probably counts as one of their great seasons. No Michu obviously, but I often thought that while he had it in him to create something from nothing, he mostly benefitted from a team which could create all sorts of opportunities - and the rest of them are still playing. So I expect plenty opportunities for other strikers. The other big factor could be the Swansea resentment about Martinez leaving the club to join Wigan four years ago. In our various league and cup meetings with the Swans since then the chants and placards of "Judas" have been pretty prominent. But even this bad blood seems to be cooling in some section of the Swans fans - even seen some good wishes from some of them on twitter!

Still loving this end of season - what a great week to be a Latic.

#believe #wigantime

2. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Me,I'm Latic intolerent.

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Yus, I noticed.

Me, I'm keeping my powder dry. But if we get to 38 points tonight, your board is getting a visit.

Embrace the uncertainty CT.

4. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

A bit late for a post but just got to say this is crunch time for us i as to be a win nothing else will do come on the latic

5. powermac

powermac Member

38 points at half time now .

6. Cruyff's Turn

35 at full time

7. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Thought we played well tonight to be honest but our defence were so poor, should've never conceded them 2 goals like we did tonight.

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Unlucky lads, but I'm sure you'll bounce back from the Championship!.......................<ok>

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

We were bloody awful, but sorry, Martinez needs to learn to get his teams to defend.

Good luck. <ok>

10. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Just devastated today. It's not just the awful performance on the night, it's what could be a complete humiliation in the cup final if we play like that against another side with all sorts of attacking options. And so many of our older players looked weary - Boyce and Scharner and Caldwell for example. We don't have other options for thr weekend - though surely Caldwell won't get a place in the starting line up. Back to his Chuckle Brothers best.

Look to your own team son. Fail to beat West Brom at the weekend and its game back on.

11. Cruyff's Turn

No I don't think so.It's all up with Wigan now.To be perfectly honest there are teams I would rather have seen relegated.It was Whelan eulogising Thatcher that caused me to turn on them. I will be supporting Wigan on Saturday though.