1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea 0 Chels 1

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I watched this game live on BT Sport. Cesc Fabregas got the winning goal and he also got Man-of-the-Match from the BT pundits. What say you StanDMan. :1980_boogie_down:

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cescy against relegation fodder and playing 1 game in 1 week is world beater.
    That is what he did all season last season. Why we won the title.

I read we were very fortunate even to get all 3 pts today. Should have dropped 2 or more points thanks to another dummy Cahill.

Tony goes out of his way to toy with our top 4 chances.

3. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Bristol he will say feck all. He will wait until a situation arises to suit his "utter drivel" agenda against Alonso, Fab or Cahill or in the old days Mikel ( who by the way was a player who played in all our big cup wins and was trusted by some of the best managers in the world ). I don't comment much and i have supported posters on here who have been criticised for their views, but i have to say that "our resident expert" is the most boring, repetitive and incomprehensible tit on this site. I noticed the few days that he was banned the number of posts on here rose.....coincidence ? maybe not !!!

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

FFS adios... posts shall rise!!

5. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Correction, "the wise one" has spoken. Breaking news.... more predictable drivel !!! I will try and predict his next post.
    Cescy blah blah -3 points Tony ffs<doh><doh><doh> judas out out out...Alonso ffs game over can't defend..Tony out blah blah blah <doh><doh><doh>. ffs ffs uncle tom cobley and all !!!

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Don't forget Judas !!

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Fabregas' goal was the high point in a dreadful game.
    We had absolutely no idea how to score a second, and our dull, repetetive play and lack of imagination doesn't bode well for the future.
    Hazard did well with the ball at his feet, but he's no Messi, absolutely no end product except having the ball removed in the box by 3 defenders in a scramble. I truly believe unless we completely change our attack, Hazard is more of a hinderance than a help. He hogs the ball , starts virtually every attack but rarely finishes anything. Probably because if he doesn't no one else can. He has everything to be a great player except the right team mates and formation around him.
    The rest were OK, totally dominant apart from last 15 mins but oh brother do we need to upgrade our approach. No one except Pedro and Willian have an ounce of direct play in them. Moses in my opinion needs to be more central and run AT the bloody goals, not skip down sidelines and cross poorly. Azpi was good, Kante irreplacable, Rudiger a tad loose, Cahill an inch away from several disasters, Baka better, Giroud invisible and Courtois remains the worst kicker of a ball in the PL.
    3 points welcome but horrible game.

Bodinki likes this.
  8. The Ginger Marks

Good Riddance. <ok>

9. The Ginger Marks

Quite a good synopsis of a pretty poor game. We started well and....and...and, well we all know the score, ended up under pressure as a result of having no nous of creating a decent chance or two.

10. Bristol Blue

I thought Gary Cahill played well. Especially the moment he timed a tackle to perfection when everyone seemed to think he’d given away a penalty. One of the Swansea forwards was so frustrated with Gary Cahill’s superb defending he barged Gary Cahill in the back right at the end. A great result and don’t forget it was lashing with rain for most of the game so it never was going to be a top football match for skill.

11. Bristol Blue

To be fair to our players it was lashing with rain and not conducive to great football. I watched the Match of the Day highlights and Ruben Loftus Cheek looked awesome for Palarse. Maybe Loftus Cheek will be back in our side next season?

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  12. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This this and this RLC was superb he has composure on the ball great passing and an abundance of skill to get himself out of trouble when required add that to his movement youthful athleticism he is a must to go to the world cup and to be our midfield playmaker next year regardless of who is at the helm.

Bristol Blue and Blueman like this.
  13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

im glad you have finally come to this point of view. i've been saying this for ages.

willian also suffers from the same thing hazard does in hogging the ball. He has slightly more end product though but is less skillful than hazard who can keep the ball and dribble everywhere but has less end product (not necessarily less goals and assists but at least willian will shoot when given the opportunity, hazard prefers to play a stupid complicated pass or keep dribbling around his opponent)

14. Chelsea Pensioner

You are right it was chucking it down which wouldn't have helped anyone. Cahill did some good work it's true, but he also scraped in a few times and doesn't look very safe to me.
    RLC needs a run with our team as does Morgan Mount and Ampadu. Hudson Odei should have been used a bit too.
    I think our biggest loss has been Luiz who does add attack, flair and variety which we desperately need. Is he really injured or is Conte taking the piss?

15. Chelsea Pensioner

It frustrates the bejesus out of me when no one seems to be able to position themselves for Hazard to connect with, as Fabregas did for his goal. It's been one of those seasons.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Your biggest loss was Ake, why the **** did you let him go?
    I have seen him play 5 times recently, twice for Holland, once against Liverpool, once against United and once against Southampton. All 5 times he was by far the best defender on the pitch (and I still think he would make a great DM).

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Our problem is not really the defence. It's the midfield and up front and imo tactics

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yeah, I mentioned Ake because CP mentioned Luiz (plus I really rate the lad). On your points I think tactics is more relevant, there doesn't seem to be any kind of link between the front 4/5, they all seem to be individuals who want to do it all on their own.
    Hazard holds the ball far too long, Willian tries to link but rarely gets the ball back once he passes and moves, Giroud is a target man, Morata needs the ball played ahead of him to run onto (though he is great with his head), Fabregas is ok but not a 30 game per season player and Kante tries but it's not his forte, he is a great play breaker.

BobbyD likes this.
  19. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

This really gets on my tits.....Want him back with Tammy,Kennedy and Musonda.I could probably add to that
    but they'll do for starters.We need a few that haven't done it but want to if that makes sense<laugh>

Bristol Blue likes this.
  20. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I've been keeping an eye on Jeremie Boga, who I thought on his displays during the pre season friendlies looked a very good player, however. He cannot even get in the starting 11 at Birmingham a bottom half championship club, I'm not sure whether its because he is young and not ready or maybe not good enough or he is just swinging the lead at B'Ham.