1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suso fined £10,000 by FA

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Enricky., Dec 18, 2012.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

The PC Brigade are out in full force once more. Quite pathetic really - another non story.

3. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Whenever liverpool travel and such like, Suso and Enrique are always pictured together and chatting. I think it is just the FA clamping down of the negativity of his language.

4. saintKlopp

Footballers should be banned from twitter, at least under their own name. It doesn't matter what the intentions are, there's always someone who'll twist your words to their own ends.

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree, footballers in general are not the brightest and will say stupid things.

6. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

In fairness to Suso, Enrique does look gay in the photo but I suppose you can't say stuff like that any more on them stupid sites if you are a footballer. I totally agree with the point that footballers should be banned from them sites, they are for teenage girls.

7. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Dear Lord. Yes it was stupid on a public forum and under existing PC "horror horror" he's a raging homophobe obviously part of a large rampaging band of footballers wanting to beat up gay people.

Orrrrr....He is a teenager who used teenage name calling you will hear in every school & sports club throughout the UK. Language still used without it being an "anti gay" message in comedy shows, soaps and so on. Take the inbetweeners or American Pie type teenage comedies. I don't remember an outrage on the usage there and I guarantee that the language was copied (rather than it being the obvious reflection of teenage society) more from those characters saying it than Suso.

This is up there with lots of teenage (and not so teenage) insults like "bastard" "motherf*cker" "knob" I could go on. Fairly sure that absolutely no one uses these terms to accuse the target of actually being illegitimate, having sexual relations with their mother or being a walking male genital. But let's say he was suggesting what he was saying:

Yes I know it is based in the negative old fashioned connotations that effeminate or camp actions like, taking care of yourself etc makes you a homosexual. Sorry but the same darling media that will attack Suso perpetuates these connotations of camp, effeminate over the top behaviour with their portrayal of gay men on TV/Movies and what surprises me is that the individual gay people/actors on TV help this along everytime; usually in those awful reality TV shows. I've personally believe that the behaviour is less about being "gay" and more about very insecure "look at me, look at me!" Types.

I've known/know three men & one woman in my time that were Gay. All 3 men were not in any way "camp" or effeminate (one was an 18stone, lager swilling rugby player with a voice albeit in a ballymena accent as deep as Barry whites) they were men, dressed, talked & walked like men they just happened to be sexually attracted to other men who walked, talked & dressed like men: I've has this convo with one of then who despises the portrayal of gay men on TV as it fills his social life with what he describes as attention seeking "wannabees" that he sees being married with 3 kids by their 40th birthday. The Gay woman wasn't a girlie girl but nor was she a butch short haired "want to be a man" lesbian stereotype.

So the media and its actively gay participants has to decide are the stereotypical examples of Gay men with their screeching, over the top pseudo female mannerisms, usually with tans, big white teeth and perfect hair an accurate portrayal of the gay man?
    If so, then Suso's comment was actually accurate: Enrique does indeed look "soooo Gay"

If as we all know its not then Stop portraying them as such and Teenage boys have no comparative insults to make.

I've just been told that soaps have done well to portray gay men as men who just happen to like men but as I don't watch them I can't confirm. (The corrie episodes I saw a few years back wouldn't back it up but maybe it's changed) The rest of TV/Film outside of Brokeback mountain steers towards the description I've stated.

Interestingly though: it's the same forum used as Rio and if the FA is using the "literal breach of rules but off the field" justification for its punishments does this tell us the FA isn't as serious at stamping out Homophobia as it is Racism? Or is "intent" back on the table?

8. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

Shut up Frank you fag <ok>

9. If he's been fined £10k, how much does he earn...?

10. DirtyFrank

Says my prince who climbs up to my bedroom window and watches me sleep.

You make me feel like a princess when you do that! :eek:

11. saintKlopp

Why has this one rattled your cage, Eric? :)

12. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

weeks wage maybe?

13. KingEric07.

Get the sandpaper out and I'll show you Saint <whistle>

14. DirtyFrank

Stupid Null not quoting Bluff!

No poofy hairstyles for him next week then. He'll come out like Enrique.

15. Not sure, that or possibly two weeks...?

16. KingEric07.

I thought you would appreciate my insightful , well thoughtout repsonse <laugh>

17. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Banter is dead, long live the FA!

jose enrique sanchez &#8207;@jose3enrique3
    Is amazing how fa can fine my friend @suso30fernandez for a banter thing. Was just a joke!!!

18. DirtyFrank

As always Eric! As well as the flowers, chocolates and little notes you leave me :D

19. saintKlopp

He even writes in a Spanish accent.

20. KingEric07.

Don't forget the dildo <ok>