1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporting a "pub team"

Discussion in 'Doncaster' started by albirossi, May 17, 2011.

1. albirossi

albirossi New Member

There is a lot to be said for supporting a small town team like Doncaster. There is the close season where you keep looking for the gems you hope the manager can find in the bargain bins of lower league football. Will he finally get around to signing a left winger or a prolific striker from Scotland? Then, when the season starts, you have zero expectations. Every win is a delerious joy and every point ground out a step towards the magical 50 in a season and survival for another year. A cup run would be nice but you are never that disappointed to go out early as it means less stress and strain on your small pool of players. Any hint of a surge towards the play-off places, at any point, and visions of doing a Blackpool dance enticingly before your eyes. What would £48m for just one season being pummelled by the likes of Arsenal do for Rovers? As Jose says, "Bring it!"

2. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

It would be good to have fewer injuries next season. I agree about the cup runs but we are due one and it may create more money and interest. On the other hand, as you say, this could cause problems with fixtures and injuries. Rovers are my team and it would be great if we could reach the promised land and stay there.

3. Extra Time Spike

Hi albirossi and Dave, it's great supporting Donny. After the years in the conference anything is a bonus. I don't know if I would like them to be in the prem myself but the money would help if it was used properly and there was enough to left to keep us going if we came down again.

Dave, any interesting sightings in Maidstone this year yet?

4. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Not in Maidstone Spike but we went to Mimnsmere for a week. Saw and heard a nightingale, Dartford warbler and photographed a chettie's Warbler. Also a pink Flamingo, an escapee, think thats cheeting though.

Next season I can swap QPR for W H United. I must try to get up north and see us at home some time.

Just remembered, at the turn of the year saw a Green Sandpiper in our local park.

What do we do to keep cyber conversation flowing throughout the summer guys?

5. Extra Time Spike

I'm usually on extra time. You registered on there a while ago so if you fancy a chat just log on.

It's not often you get to hear a nightingale let alone see one, so you were lucky there. I've heard storks have begun to nest over in the east of the country, have you managed to see any?

6. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Not seen any Storks yet but things are looking good for a number of species. Stalking can get you in trouble.

7. Extra Time Spike

8. Extra Time Spike

I looks as if SOD is after signing Mills and ROK has said all other positions are under review if they find someone better. I wonder if the board have given him a wad of money to spend.

9. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Could have, they usually do something in close season. As for extra time I forgot my details, time I started writing them down.

10. Extra Time Spike

You used the same name as here just say forgot password and it send you an e-mail

11. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Thanks Spike. Today is another day, another dawning, gentle breeze, sunny morning. Any more will set me yawning.