1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Norwich City - Tuesday 10th April - KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Apr 8, 2018.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed Apr 11, 2018.
  1. Home Win

53.1%
  2. Away win

28.1%
  3. Draw

12.5%
  4. Meh - who cares

6.3%
  1. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Sunderland host Norwich City in the Sky Bet Championship
    SAFCvNCFC.GIF
    Last time out Sunderland drew at Leeds and Norwich beat Aston Villa.
    The Black Cats missed an opportunity to grab 3 points from an indifferent Leeds side after taking the lead, but again failed to hang on for a vital win. Marc Wilson is out and Paddy McNair highly unlikely to feature after both picked up knocks in the draw at Leeds.
    Norwich are in good form at home and dealt a big blow to Villa’s automatic promotion hopes with an easy 3-1 win. However, they recently lost badly at QPR, drew at Barnsley and lost away to Hull.
    Norwich boss Daniel Farke has a number of concerns following Saturday's 3-1 Championship win over Aston Villa. Alex Tettey, Harrison Reed and Ivo Pinto are among those who could be rested, although Farke has said he is tempted to name an unchanged team.
    Chris Coleman:
    "A point is not enough. A point was never going to be enough for us today. We needed the three with the position we are in. The performance was more than enough, it was good. Normally you come to Elland Road and are happy to get a point because it is such a tough place to come.
    "We need to win five games of football, simple as that, and we have won only six all season so we are right up against it. It's a big ask, a tall order, but it's not impossible. I wouldn't put money on us, but we have got to keep performing like that. Whether we run out of games, we haven't yet. We cannot throw in the towel."
    Daniel Farke:
    "I was critical of my players from the second half against QPR so it is only fair that I praise them today. It was an excellent performance against a team with a lot of good players, a really good response from the lads.
    "We scored three and could have had five or six, and it follows on from Reading at home, when we could have had six of seven, and Fulham when we gave a good performance against a really good side. I think this shows that we are heading in the right direction."
    Form:
    Form.gif
    Match facts:
    • Sunderland have won their last two league matches against Norwich, scoring three goals in each match - however, both wins were at Carrow Road.
    • The Canaries are unbeaten in their last three league visits to the Stadium of Light (W1 D2) since a 3-0 defeat in February 2012.
    • Chris Coleman has faced Norwich five times in league matches and won all five, although this is his first against them since February 2009; he has won all three home matches against them by an aggregate score of 9-0.
    • Norwich have lost two of their last three away league games (D1), shipping exactly four goals in each defeat.
    • Sunderland are winless in six home league games (D1 L5), conceding at least twice in each game.
    • James Maddison has been directly involved in 49% of Norwich's 45 league goals this season (14 goals, 8 assists) - the highest ratio in the division.
    Sports Analytics Machine: Away win (40%)
    Prutton predicts: Meh

Match Appointments:
    Referee:
    DAVID COOTE
    Assistants:Nick Hopton and David Avent
    Fourth Official:Darren England

Team Line ups
    Sunderland:
    Camp, Love, Kone, O’Shea, Oviedo, Cattermole, Ejaria, Honeyman, McGeady, Gooch, Asoro

Team.gif
    Substitutes
    : Steele, Matthews, Robson, McManaman, Fletcher, Maja
    Injured: Watmore (Cruciate – out for season), Browning (Groin – out for season), Ruiter (Dislocated finger), Williams (Quad 1 week), Wilson, McNair.
    Forgotten: Rodwell, Gibson

Norwich City: Gunn, Pinto, Hanley, Klose, Lewis, Reed, Tettey, Maddison, Vrancic, Murphy, Srbeny
    Substitutes: Husband, Zimmermann, Oliveira, Leitner, Hoolahan, Edwards, McGovern
    Injured: tbc

Betting Odds:
    H 9/5 A 6/4 D 23/10

My two pence:
    Five games to go and we need to win the next 3 games against Norwich, Reading and Burton, as I just can’t see us picking up many points against the best 2 sides in the Championship (Fulham & Wolves).
    This is going to be a tough game and I just hope that we get the same amount of luck as when we played them at the start of the season. Coleman had said this before, but the players have to give everything they’ve got in these last games until the fat lady sings.

My guess is a 3-2 win

Ha’way the Lads

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Like Coleman says we need five wins and we've only got six all season and two this year, we are down. It really is a pathetic statistic, no wonder people are fed up with the club. We never get to celebrate victories anymore.

I just want us to keep up the workrate and continue developing partnerships and teamwork with players who will still be here next season. Keep on playing our youngsters and get them sharp and ready. **** everyone else on our books, they're useless to us.

cumbrianmackem and RTB like this.
  3. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Agree completely.

The SAFC journo for the Chronicle said that the point at Elland Road was pointless coz we are down anyway. I completely disagree.
    We have to halt this slump. We went down to the Championship with a losing habit and mentality, and look where that got us. We have to hit the ground running

No Squad Number and Gil T Azell like this.
  4. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Will we enjoy a pint in The Last Chance saloon?

No.

1-3 Away Win.

Bart

5. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Coleman showed a worrying lack of balls against Leeds.

Bringing Ejaria on as the first sub after 80 minutes instead of Asoro 10 minutes earlier defies belief.

Then brining Mcmanaman on ahead of Asoro??? Why?

Then waiting till the 95th minute to make the final change. Extremely poor in game management in my opinion.

When he first came he won a few games with timely positive subs. That's where managers earns their coin and I think Coleman cost us 2 points at Leeds.

As for Norwich? May as well try to win the game. The game is up now so why not. Again I'd limit the loan players as I don't see the point now.

I'd go;

-----------------------Steele------------------------
    Love---------Kone-----Oshea--Matthews
    Gooch---McNair-Honeyman--McGeady
    ------------------Maja--Asoro----------------------

Subs
    Stryjek Wilson Oviedo Cattermole LuaLua Mcmanaman Fletcher

6. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Suprise suprise McNair and Wilson are injured :headbang:

The Little General likes this.
  7. Teessidemackem

Sunderland have been hit by the news that Paddy McNair and Marc Wilson will both miss tomorrow night's game against Norwich City.The duo picked up knocks against Leeds United at the weekend, and will sit out the match against the Canaries.

However, left-back Bryan Oviedo returns to the squad after missing the Leeds game with a glute injury.

Sunderland boss Chris Coleman said: "We will be without Marc Wilson and Paddy McNair. Both players did very well at the weekend but both got knocks,

"Marc is a very experienced defender and adds that physicality, along with Paddy. Especially in this league at this level, there's strong powerful teams and we haven't always had that power.

"We have had to change personnel and change formations and that has been tough."

The loss of McNair, in particular, is a big blow for Sunderland. Coleman identified the Northern Ireland international as a player Sunderland need to keep hold of and build a team around regardless of which division they are playing in next season.

The former Manchester United midfielder scored against Leeds on Saturday, but has suffered an injury-hit campaign after returning from a cruciate knee injury.

Wilson slotted in at left-back against Leeds in Oviedo's absence, and played well, but looks likely to be replaced by the Costa Rican tomorrow.

Sunderland must rebuild around Paddy McNair - Coleman

RTB likes this.
  8. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

What we gonna build around him ? A Care Home perhaps ?

Sunderlad and Gil T Azell like this.
  9. blackcatforever

blackcatforever Well-Known Member

That was funny.

10. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

derland
    • 12Camp
    • 22Love
    • 23Kone
    • 16O'Shea
    • Overdo
    • 6Cattermole
    • 27Gooch
    • ejeria
    • 26Honeyman
    • 19McGeady
    • 9Fletcher
    Substitu
    • 1Steele
    • 11Lua Lua
    • 13McManaman
    • 21Matthews
    • 29Asoro
    • 35Clarke-Salter
    • 53..?.

11. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Little general that is hilarious ! Gibson will join Ant at rehab, Rodwell needs to get moving to get back into the England squad pronto as well. And what the hell is a glute injury. Well Teesside that is quite shocking you clown, I used to support ramsbottom utd as well hehe. I could not give crap what is said on here either.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  12. Teessidemackem

Its an injury to your ar$e. You should know all about that you spunk guzzling beast.

The Little General likes this.
  13. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You've dropped like a stone since I stopped posting here... I'm just posting this so you can start your revival.

Every one ok?

Stu???

14. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

If we win tomorrow you must post daily for the rest of the season.

15. Tel (they/them)

Shouldn't be a problem, especially if Stu shows up <laugh>

16. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Hi mate nice to hear you alive and kicking iv'e gave it up as a bad job and support Man city now can't wait to win my first trophy for 45 year.<ok>

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  17. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Wehey
    Hi everyone

18. Tel (they/them)

2-3 <ok>

Nordic likes this.
  19. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Again ! Lets build a team around him ! Eh <doh>