1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland v Hull City AFC - Team news...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 18, 2018.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Unsurprisingly, Larsson is doing the presser with Nige today.

please log in to view this image

"For us, every game going forward is a big game and an opportunity to pick up points. Saturday is our next opportunity to get three points - three points we need in order to help us move up the table."

"I hope I will be cool and calm about it, that’s the best way to approach it. With age you learn how to deal with games like this is a calm way but I’m not underestimating the importance of the game. We all realise the importance of each game."

"We’re fully aware we’re in a position that needs to be improved - and quickly! But we have to look at the opportunities that lie ahead. You have to find the middle ground of understanding pressure, but also not get too worked up about it, you have to have control."

"Of course I would love to be higher up the league and not having too much to play for but there’s no point in focussing on that, we are where we are. We have enough quality in the squad here and we have to show that out on the pitch."

(on going back to Sunderland): "I’m sure they’ll be some emotions on game day, it’s a club where I spent a large part of my career but that doesn’t matter when I step over the white line. My only focus will be on helping Hull City get three vital points."

"We should be winning more games, but that’s part of being a good team - turning decent performances into wins. Our form is a concern, but we have to draw confidence from our performances. We have enough quality to win games but we have to start to do it."

please log in to view this image

"Aberdeen obviously want to keep their player. We like the player a lot and that's why we've put bids in. If he was our player, would he be up for sale - probably not! We'll just have to wait and see how it develops - conversations will carry on."

"It gets exciting now, we’ve had a lot of conversations. We’ve tried to do things but they haven’t come to fruition. We're not going to bring someone in just for the sake of it though. We've got a big squad and anyone that is brought in has to improve our team."

"Will Keane is in the squad for the weekend, he’s travelling and has a good chance. He’s a talented footballer, I like what I’ve seen on the training ground. It’s like signing a new player given how long he’s been out."

"And Abel could be available in about three or four weeks time. Grosicki is touch and go. He's very, very close but we’ll have a conversation about him in the morning. Mazuch has been back in training and is in the squad for Saturday also."

"We've got bodies coming back which is a big help. Moses (Odubajo) and (Stephen) Kingsley are also making good progress. Maybe sometime in February, Odubajo could be getting some minutes for the Under-23s."

"It's a big game for both clubs. Both clubs have recent Premier League history but currently find themselves at the wrong end of the table. Our performances have been good of late, the games we haven’t won have been close and on another day we could have won them all."

"That gives us belief that we are doing the right things. The stats say we’re improving as a team. We’re creating chances and earlier in the season this club were taking them. We just have to start taking our chances again."

"The way it’s going gives you hope and every game now is going to be very big. We go away to Sunderland, we need the victory, they need the victory - our players have got to go out and perform."

"Our mindset is that we have to win every game and, of course, we're going to Sunderland wanting to pick up all three points. I’ve highlighted to the group that they can’t allow one session or game to go by. Every game has its pressures, the players have to perform."

"I’d like to think what we’ve been doing over the last seven games is building a foundation for us to build on in the next 19 games."

The end.

2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

On the plus side Sunderland have failed on all fronts to sign a striker ahead of the match on Saturday.

Howden Tigress and howdentiger like this.
  3. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

They do have till midday tomorrow I think to get one

Mr Hatem likes this.
  4. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

I think we've failed on that front for the last 2 seasons.

Evington and howdentiger like this.
  5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

"It'll go down to the last few seconds of the transfer window."

The words we all knew were coming but didn't want to hear.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  6. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

We will not be signing anyone.
    Like the manager keeps saying we have players coming back.
    All the money goes straight into Allam house as it will next season.
    If we don't go down this season (though I think we will) we will definitely go down next season.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Press details now up, apologies for the delay, one of my salesmen rocked up.

8. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Edward Lear

9. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Fraizer and Grosicki have to start if available. We've really missed them

ImperialTiger and GEvans76 like this.
  10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The Liverpool kid they were after has fallen through. Although I see they are after Martin at Derby.

howdentiger likes this.

11. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

I didn't mean anyone specific, just Ment in general they can register anyine upto 12:30 Friday to be eligible to play Sat

12. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Start Will Keane and Hernandez. Watch them both break down. And turn around to boy wonder and ask what plan D is?

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

There isn't even a Plan A. Let alone down the line a Plan D!

Evington likes this.
  14. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Prutton has us down for a 2-1 win....

15. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I think he has a zero % success rate on our score predictions <laugh><laugh>

Newland Tiger likes this.
  16. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Seb looks happy to be there.

17. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Aye but a busted clock gets the time right twice a day...