1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Sunderland Sunday League

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by joeisonfire, Aug 13, 2017.

1. joeisonfire

joeisonfire Well-Known Member

Lads just for a bit for fun, I play Sunday league and thought for a bit crack you or we could all follow my personal ups and downs. If needs be I would write u a match report.

Anyway I play for the board inn in the 2nd division and we got off to a great start today winning 7-3.

Here is the league website, so u can have a check. P.S I will be facing Martin Smith in a few weeks as he is playing for Hendon in the 2nd
    http://www.sunderlandsundayleague.org.uk/results/

2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Aye mate, I'm interested in this.
    Keep us updated. <ok>

joeisonfire likes this.
  3. joeisonfire

Tough game coming up Sunday. Play Victoria Gardens in the cup, they only lost 1 league game last season and they got off to a good prem win last week. Apparently have quite a few Northern League players. Be pleased if we kept the score line respectable at least, we have a few lads missing but some coming back so hoping we don't roll over. We have a strong decent centre forward so hoping he can rough them up a. It and hold the ball up, fingers crossed

4. Billy Death

Good man.
    Hope most of them are fully sober Sunday morning.
    Good luck mate, I like Sunday league.
    No place for the timid.

joeisonfire likes this.
  5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Ah, memories streaming back of getting thrashed 15-0 every time you draw div 1 team in the cup. I play 2nd and 3rd tier in my Sunday league area, but the gap between the top tier and 2nd tier with them hovering up the boro, darlo and northern league drop outs was huge

6. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

I played over 50s football - but the team I played for were poor
    I referreed for a while to keep involved in the game but too much grief at local league adult level so did kids football and the old Sunderland Academy

7. DEREK ROY HENDERSON

DEREK ROY HENDERSON Active Member

My goodness, you have certainly brought back memories to me. Well over the hill now but can remember playing SSL in the early 70's. I played for Sunderland Jewish club and vividly remember playing on top of Tunstall Hill with the wind howling. Christ they were the days. Keep up the reports.

8. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

That was the football I watched this evening at the SOL.

9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

10. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I played in the Sunday league for nigh on 20 years before I changed to over 40's.. Some bloody good and hard players in that league..

Billy Death likes this.

11. joeisonfire

Been in the house for 5 mins, feels like I have ran a marathon. They played 3-5-2 we played 4-4-2. We didn't match them as there forwards were so fast so we needed an extra man at the back. We lost 7-2 but considering they beat a fellow Very very good prem team last week 6-1 it was a good account. They played little 1-2,s had triangles all over and ran us ragged, but we huffed and puffed and tried and at half time we were 4-1 down, county cup next week and we have a bye for the 1st round which is canny, means next sat can go out n get pissed which I haven't done in ages. Back to the league week after tho so training mid week till then to brush up

12. Billy Death

Excellent stuff.
    I love this kind of thing.

joeisonfire likes this.
  13. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Good stuff mate.

Almost making me get the boots back out.

joeisonfire likes this.
  14. joeisonfire

Apparently one of their players were playing for tranmere last season, **** knows who. I'm too tired to search, I feel absolutely ruined still ha

Billy Death likes this.
  15. joeisonfire

Oh ffs, dunno where my head was but we have a league game this Sunday. County cup next week. So no getting pissed Sat.
    We are playing Victory Club who lost their opening game 3-1 in the league but won 3-0 last week in the cup against Wear UTD. I heard the score line was very flattering. But we will be keen to brush off the cup game, and we have our first game on our home pitch, thank god its on grass and not the 3G pitches. We will be looking to replicate the performance of our 7-3 opening day victory. So roll on Sunday.

16. joeisonfire

Great game today, we absolutely dominated it but couldn't put our chances away, some great crosses and corners in the first half but the keeper wasn't forced to make a save, so after 0-0 at half time we came out keen to make up for the missed chances, and we forced it so after. Then our keeper and defender decided to play a pathetic passing game and gifted their centre forward to make it 1-1 minutes later. We retook the lead 5 mins after but again they came back. There wasn't a point in the game I never thought we wouldn't win, they had 3 shots all game or something and scored 2. But we are unbeaten in the league and it's onwards and upwards, but we know we must finish our chances better than what we have today

17. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a striker :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. joeisonfire

You touting yourself:)

19. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I keep telling myself to go back but I don't think my back could handle any longer than 45 minutes, tbh mate. Whereabouts is it you play?

20. joeisonfire

Do it man, ha. I play centre mid, I'm 36
    And only came back playing 3 years ago, I hate chasing young uns about and constantly think I'm too owld for this ****e. Then I can home to our lass and kids and think can't wait for next week :)

Deleted and Billy Death like this.