1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland Saturday

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Sep 27, 2012.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

With us having Sunderland on Saturday what does other people think of what the score line team who will start or who will come of the bench or who will score for the latics letts have some good and positive feedback

but on another note 4-1 <laugh>

2. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

According to Physioroom both ALcaraz and Di Santo are not available until the following week so I'm going to go with this starting line up

Al Habsi
    Ramis Caldwell Figueroa
    Stam McCarthy McArthur Beausejour
    Maloney Kone Boselli

This fixture last season we brought the curtain down on Bruce's managerial stint at Sunderland. Whenever I look at Sunderland I always think about the fact that the papers call us inconsistent! Must be at least as hard for their fans wondering which team will turn up. Last time I went was the season before last, they put four past us I think, I'm off up again this weekend. hope it's not a repeat. They haven't had a win in their last 12 league games but of course beat MK Dons midweek so maybe they're feeling like they're due a win. Like everyone they'll be thinking that it's only Wigan and it's their best chance of a win.

Glad to see Cattermole's suspended, they seem to have quite a few injuries at the moment, I see on their board that Adam Johnson might be doubtful. That lad Colback(?) and Fletcher look dangerous, but apart from that I would have to fancy our chances of causing them another upset.

I'm going to go for an unexpected 3-1 win to Wigan, simply because I think we won't play a mad line up like we did against Fulham - Watson, Gomez, Maloney and McCarthy?? Won't happen. Back to Maloney, McCarthy and McArthur and back to winning ways.

What's your thoughts Stands?

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye HP i agree with the line up if 2 of our main strike force are out hopefully not for to long and i think your right about Maloney upfront he`s doing a good job for us and he`l go a long way under Martinez and for gods sake let's not flog him on the cheap because since we were in the northern premier league we were a selling club.Any way back to Saturday i think it will be closer than what you say HP for that i`m going for the win for us but for a cop out i`m not going to call the score for once i`ll let the lads surprise me.

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Two of our main strike force are out? Who do I not know about? I thought only di Santo was injured?

Boselli has earned a starting spot don't you think? I'd like to see him, Maloney and Kone together.

5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Watch out for James McClean and Gardner though. It looks like Johnson (one of our key players) will not play, and Seb is injured also, Liverpool pounded us and could only draw, and we are still waiting for Sessegnon to get moving , but it will be a close game.

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Yeah, Craig Gardener looks like such a competitve player - he been good for your lot during last term? That young lad - Colback? - he looks like another dangerous player. From what I've seen of him he could become a real asset. It would be just our luck for Sessegnon to get firing tomorrow...

7. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Don't say that HP because if he does start banging them in he`l want a bag full and Al Habsi will have to be on is metal. :emoticon-0107-sweat

8. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Could have picked something up from that game had it not been for the card that should never have been.

The thing was though Gomez only flung himself into that lunge because he had failed to con Webb into a free kick a moment before. So we can add "petulant" to his list of shortcomings. But it was never a red. Jordi isn't capable of a dangerous challenge!

Mark my words though Stands - we'll take a minimum of five points from our next three games while Gomez is suspended. And then Bobby wil bring him back.

9. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye you right HP we should have pick something up from the game but the thing is and i have to agree with Martinez that the position that Gomez plays and i would`nt say it was is job but he`s got to go for the ball with studs showing but keep is boots well and truly on the ground(Martinez`s words by the way) but for me one goal doesn't make a champagne game for them because even there fans are say they were rubbish but the thing for me is my continual gripe about the standard of refereeing is getting worse by the match i mean come on HP. Mr i`me a international ref Web should go back to the rule book because if Gomez gets a sending of for his challenge then the two yellows for the two sunderland players should have received a sending of as well. <grr>

10. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Webb's second haf display was just useless. The Kone incident too - he gets his legs taken from him three times and when he reacts he gets booked.

You know how it goes - we always get **** refs.

Aside from that we were just unlucky - even their goal comes from a massively mishit shot. We've had days when the luck has gone for us - so we can't complain.

though of course we will...

:)