1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland are best supporters in the PL - official

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by 56Danny, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Sunderland's fans are the best behaved in the Premier League - how would you like to spend the prize money earned for the feat?

Sunderland supporters have been officially named as the best behaved in the Barclays Premier League during the 2010-11 season.

Black Cats fans were judged to have conducted themselves better over the duration of the campaign than those following any other top-flight club after consistently scoring highly in appraisals by official match assessors.

The club has been awarded £20,000 in prize money as a result and chairman Niall Quinn is asking supporters how they'd like the money to be spent.

Ideas are being accepted now via email to [email protected] and a further announcement regarding the winning plan will be made in due course.

Quinn commented: "Sunderland fans are known for their passion and commitment and the lengths they'll go to in order to support their team and it's great that they're now also getting recognition for their spirit and respect of the game too. They're the reason I fell in love with the club.

"We have averaged more than 40,000 fans per match at the Stadium of Light over the course of the season and enjoy tremendous support away from home too so this is a fantastic achievement when you factor in how many people follow the club week in, week out.

"The £20,000 we receive is obviously on behalf of all of our supporters, so we would welcome any thoughts on how this could best be spent for their benefit."

As part of match delegates' assessment into the behaviour of the public, each club begins Barclays Premier League games with five assessment points out of ten, with the capacity to gain or lose five.

Points can be lost for abusive language, the abusing of officials and aggressive conduct towards opposing fans, while points can be gained for displaying positive behaviour such as good-natured verbal support and recognising outstanding play by opponents.

http://www.safc.com/news/20110616/fans-top-behaviour-league_2256213_2377117

2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Use it to set up some kind of scheme for kids, it's not an amount that will change the club in itself, so invest it in young 'uns who could potentially become part of the clubs future.

Maybe a foundation for kids who don't get picked up by the clubs official u9's etc, but gives players who were nearly there a good chance to blossom later?

3. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

hang on, points for good natured verbal support ?? where did they check ?? the library ??

where i used to sit all you ever heard was, 'HAWER YA USELESS ****ER !' and were being very (and i mean very) aggressive towards the officials and opposition fans :')

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

20k.

Tell the club to help with the not606 in Africa appeal. Miserable bastards...

5. vauxsamson

vauxsamson Active Member

Red seats

6. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

With £20,000 being nothing much more than a token amount there is little scope for anything substantial to come from it. I would maybe look at spending it on improving facilities for fans who are deaf or blind, or some other relatively small scheme.

7. FlagFlyingHigh

FlagFlyingHigh Active Member

I can only assume that the points system had been concluded before our last few home games. <whistle>

8. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

Buy another Korean player.

9. Stu_SAFC

Stu_SAFC Member

Spend it on advertising for McCartney, Noz, Kilgallon etc...

10. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

Fulham more rowdy than Sunderland? I didn't see a Fulham fan attack any players, or snap their own seats and throw them at rivals. You boring bastards <laugh>

*Please note this is intended as banter, don't abuse me and threaten me again!

11. Disco

Disco Guest

Hahahahaha as you boys say... Rep.

12. c4mackem

c4mackem Member

safc in africa foe me

13. Not_cricket

Not_cricket Active Member

Give it to the SAFC Foundation

14. MrRAWhite

Yesterday things did get a bit silly and out of hand, however, I really think you should consider changing your name to Badgersarsehole as it just seems right for you.

15. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

VEGAS!!!!!! Quinn, Short, Cattermole and Bruce (alan) The Hangover part 3. Dong wong is the new mr chow.

16. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

Very well behaved.

17. Disco

Disco Guest

Bruce would be Alan. What a halfwit. Short would have to be the missing bloke because he says nothing.

Who's being lamped in the pic above?

18. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

BEST BEHAVED? you wouldn't have thought so reading last nights threads.

19. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

£20,000 seems like a pointless amount considering the figures being branded around by football clubs these days. You could buy 0.4% of a £5mill player with it, or pay for half of a players single weekly pay packet.

20. MrRAWhite

The first picture there was of a fifteen year old kid who was stopped from making his escape from fellow Sunderland supporters.
    The second picture is of a seat that appears to be being thrown at Sunderland fans, no doubt coming from the away section where you lot were housed.
    I have never been to Newcastle when I have not had objects thrown at me, or had home fans trying to have a go, but the Newcastle based media seem to omit this.