1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland AFC v Queens Park Rangers – Saturday 13th August 2022 - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Aug 12, 2022.

?

Your prediction:

Poll closed Aug 13, 2022.
  1. Home win

77.9%
  2. Away win

5.9%
  3. Draw

16.2%
  1. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

SAFCvQPR.GIF
    Last time out Sunderland lost to Sheffield Wednesday and QPR lost on penalties to Charlton.
    The Black Cats host Queens Park Rangers at the Stadium of Light in the Championship.
    A much-changed Sunderland side put on a poor show at Hillsborough as the second string lost 2-0 against the Owls. Alex Neil is unlikely to have been impressed by the lack lustre display.
    QPR have a few injury concerns after the London club lost to Charlton in the Carabao Cup on penalties after a 1-1 draw on Tuesday evening. QPR boss Mick Beale has confirmed that trio Chris Willock, Luke Amos and Kenneth Paal will all miss this weekend’s game. Rangers are closing in on a loan deal with Manchester United for Ethan Laird.
    Alex Neil:
    "I'm disappointed in the fact that I thought, to a certain extent, we were the architects of our own downfall, I don't think we got carved apart too often.
    "Only really when we made the mistake for the first goal, we gave the ball away and the lad (Adeniran) chops it onto his 'wrong' foot and puts it into the top corner from about 30 yards. I thought seven or eight minutes after that was probably their best spell, really.
    "We controlled the ball without threatening. We didn't have enough of a threat, but that's my responsibility and my burden - we had Jack Diamond who is a winger playing centre-forward, and we had Harrison Sohna who is a midfield player playing left wingback.
    "The physical output that we put in the last two league games meant that I didn't want any of the lads who have been featuring to expose themselves this evening, because we are going to have a lot of midweek games coming up and that's going to be really taxing for us. I thought that these lads deserved their opportunity as well, but we know we can move the ball better."
    “Some of the lads that played tonight will have a massive bearing on what our season looks like, so I'm not going to judge them too harshly."
    Mick Beale:
    “None of the players that were injured will be coming back into the squad,” Beale said. “We’re still waiting on a diagnosis of the three players, but I'm disappointed, obviously.”
    form.GIF
    Match Appointments:
    Referee:
    JEREMY SIMPSON
    Assistant Referees: Mark Dwyer and Paul Hodskinson
    Fourth Official: Declan Bourne

Team Lineups:
    Sunderland AFC:
    (3-5-2) Patterson, Cirkin, Ballard, Batth, Neil, Evans, Gooch, Pritchard, Clarke, Stewart, Simms.
    Team.GIF
    Subs: Bass, Alese, Wright, Roberts, O’Nien, Embleton, Diamond
    Injured: Huggins, Dajaku

QPR (4-3-2-1): Dieng; Kakay, Dickie, Dunne, Hamalainen; Thomas, Field, Dozzell; Adomah, Chair, Bonne.
    Subs: Walsh, Dykes, Masterson, Roberts, Sinclair
    Injured: Clarke-Salter, Willock, Amos, Paal

Betting Odds:
    Sunderland
    11/10 QPR 5/2 Draw 12/5

Prutton Predicts: 2-2

My two pence:
    A poor performance on Wednesday but the league is more important and I’m expecting that we revert to the starting 11 that won at Bristol.
    I’m sure that Alex Neil knows best and 3 points on Saturday would be a good start.

I’m going for a 2-1 home win

Live Stream:
    *** Not available on SAFC ***

Ha’way the Lads

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  2. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

These have an uncanny knack of doing well at our place, I 've seen them win 3-0 here, but I've also seen them lose by that same score.
    Put Wednesday behind us and get at them as we should have enough to get us over the line, home win but no score prediction from me HTL.
    Great thread again RTB.

3. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Great thread as usual @RTB, thank you for doing this.

Can't argue with your team, it seems to be out best 11 and no one impressed enough Wednesday night to change that.

Got a feeling we might go with one up top and an extra body in centre midfield to counter QPR though

4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Great thread, we're blessed with these tbh.

Pritchard is the key again, his energy is vital, not to mention his other attributes ...

... we have no replacement who comes close to him imo.

There'll be another good crowd and we'll have a good enough team out to beat QPR.

Ha’way the Lads, Stewart header and a Pritchard free kick special.

5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Thanks RTB <ok>

QPR have their best players out for this one and that seriously weakens them.

A great opportunity for Dan Neil to deliver. He's been quiet so far and this is a chance to show us how good he is at this level.

4-1. Stewart (2) Clarke and Evans.

6. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Fast start, get Simms and Stewart amongst them. Take advantage of their injuries (shame Salter-Clarke not playing) and gerrin tay em

3-0

smithy in nl and RTB like this.
  7. kirklees mackem

kirklees mackem Well-Known Member

Can't go tomorrow, still testing positive for covid after 10 days!!!

8. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Are you supposed test multiple times in England?
    In France (where I live), explicitly told not to test again/multiple times. Virus can linger for weeks even when your no longer contagious, so it's pointless to keep testing.

Regarding the game, 2-1 win to the lads

9. Brainy Dose

Brainy Dose Well-Known Member

Depends on your symptoms mate.....if they're gone,you're clear to go.

10. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

11. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-Known Member

Yeah after the last couple of games that may seem like our best 11 but AN will decide who our best 11 is to beat QPR and he may change the shape. There may have been some bad performances mid-week but there's still some quality players there not least of which Embleton and Roberts. Neil certainly won't be discounting them from the first 11 after one poor team performance from a hugely changed side.

12. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

In England, we've been told not to bother testing any more. No idea why people still do it

Young Ted, clockstander and Saf like this.
  13. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this one. I'll go for a 2-1 win to the lads.

Young Ted, RTB and Chunksafc like this.
  14. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Thanks again for all your work on these threads RTB, I am hoping for a clean sheet and a goal or two from our exciting strike force, this is a game we can win, to build on our positive start . OaU.

15. Oliver's Army

Changes for Saturday...

smithy in nl and RTB like this.
  16. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

The changes mentioned for The Fulwell End are as we expected . . . . **** all that will help us who sit there, and have done so since 1997 :azn:

The report says "The safety of all fans at the Stadium of Light remains an absolute priority" when it obviously isn't 'cos they haven't done anything that'll protect us, despite trouble from certain club's scum fans every time that we play them :steam:

17. kirklees mackem

kirklees mackem Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input re covid testing fellas. I still have symptoms so I won't be going tomorrow (don't want to risk infecting anyone else) Hope everyone who does attend has a great day and witnesses a resounding victory for the lads<cheers>

Nacho, Young Ted, Row 3 and 2 others like this.
  18. ab65

ab65 Well-Known Member

Great thread as always @RTB. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

My first trip back for a game this season with my youngest son so looking forward to it.

I think we will have too much firepower for them in the end but can see another high scoring game.

Home win (skinchees)....

19. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

20. Oliver's Army

Over 34k tickets sold for it now.