1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland 0 v 2 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 7, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-5-7_17-42-56.png Sunderland v Swansea City upload_2017-5-7_17-42-56.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday, 13 May 2017
    Kick off - 15:00
    Venue - Stadium of Light

Following their tense 1-0 home victory over Everton - a win that enabled Swansea to leapfrog Hull out of the relegation zone - Paul Clement takes his team to the Stadium of Light for their 37th match of the season & their final away fixture.

Victory for the Swans would see them move level on 38pts with Crystal Palace - albeit with a vastly inferior goal difference - and arguably, more importantly 4pts clear of Hull.

In those circumstances, it would heap huge pressure on Hull who visit Palace the following day. Defeat and they would be relegated, whilst a draw would leave them 3pts behind the Swans and (at least) 6 goals worse off.

The worst scenario for the Swans would be defeat at Sunderland whilst Hull beat Palace. In those circumstances, the Swans would have to beat WBA on the final day of the season and hope that Hull fail to beat a Spurs side that in all probability would have nothing to play for.

In short, the Swans have their fate in their own hands - 2 wins and we are safe irrespective of anyone else.

Having got themselves back in the driving seat, I think that the players will "seize the day" and beat Sunderland 2-0. Hopefully, that will spur Palace into beating Hull 3-1 the following day - securing PL for themselves and the Swans.

Kifflom! and DragonPhilljack like this.
  2. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

Good luck - hope you stay up.

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

So does my missus , for the cats sake

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Win and we've survived as I don't think Hull would then beat Palace.

5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Sunderland are like a bull in a china shop right now , but our resolve should keep the door shut . 3 - 1 Swans .

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

The Hull game was an easier game for the Sunderland players away from home no expectations and Hull failed to turn up. It will be different at the stadium of light it is their first game there since relegation was confirmed. The players and especially David Moyes are going to be in for a roasting which will help us.

7. seabreeze

Moyes didn't want the Swansea job when Monk was shown the door .... Karma's a bitch :)

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Hull, imo, also think that they'd already beaten Sunderland and got caught out, whereas we'll go full tilt at them, knowing full well, 3 points means we've done it.

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  9. seabreeze

I agree , more confidence for our match against Sunderland than Hull had as they looked ahead to a Palace and Spur finish for them . There minds were elsewhere for the Sunderland game , our minds will be focused ONLY on our Sunderland game I think . I'd sure like it to be done and dusted before the last game though , not sure how much more of this I can take . Always enjoyed relegation battles , not so much when were in it ..lol

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I fancy us to win this, though we need another performance like the last two, Leon must start, going for a 1-2 win, need our defence to stay solid too....<ok>

seabreeze, Kifflom! and Taffvalerowdy like this.

11. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

So the answer is if we want to help, get our arses on the bus and get to Sunderland. I have been there on an end of season trip but none so important as this. Besides knowing the Sunderland support they will appreciate the passion and be right behind us. Forget what people say on here the Sunderland Fans are great football supporters and I for one will miss them in the Premier league.

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I'll be watching at a Mackems bar in Magaluf with the lads. <cheers>

Hopefully I'll get pissed afterwards for the right reason. However, we never do anything easy so I'm going for a nervy 1-1. Sorry. <ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. Kifflom!

I disagree, though it is wrong to generalise I supppose. There are only a handful of clubs we have trouble with on this board. Cardiff - but they are an irrelevance at least for the time being - Stoke and Sunderland. That's my experience anyway.

It's particularly delicious to see the Toon swap with them, though thinking about it maybe they'll have the last laugh next week.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

2-0 to the Swans and another clean sheet and Alfie to get the 1st goal

15. Kifflom!

Loving the optimism! <ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  16. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Makes a nice change !

Kifflom! likes this.
  17. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Won't be easy but if the lads show the same resolve determination as against Everton then we'll win. Sadly I can't go but I hope all three thousand tickets are taken up after the player's gesture.

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I'll be watching on my phone in the Cardiff City Stadium <wah>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  19. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

We SAFC have not won at home for 5 months and the supporters want that to end in our last home game this season, we played really well against Bournemouth and Hull, and if Moyes had not been stubborn by not playing Khazri etc and having no midfield we would have stopped up. Watch out for Honeyman a canny player just coming into our team. We will go down with nearly a 40,000 average and will be back.

20. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

We should be waving bye-bye to Middlesbrough tonight assuming they will lose at Chelsea.

Kifflom! and neveroffsidereff like this.