1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland’s situation “will look different in a week”

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Steve300002, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Steve300002

Steve300002 Active Member

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/20...k-different-in-a-week-with-incomings-expected

Whilst Sunderland’s transfer activity does appear on the face of it to have ground to a halt, we’re told that serious efforts are being made to strengthen Jack Ross’ depleted squad and that “the situation will look very different in a week”, with the club intent on spending money on players that will give us an edge over our competition as we look to climb out of League One at the first attempt.

Whilst eight signings have already been made - two of which have been for our U23s side - we’re told that the club ideally want AT LEAST six new additions right down the spine of the first-team squad in time for the season’s opener with Charlton Athletic on the 4th of August.

Two central defenders, two central midfielders and two strikers are what they’re hoping to ideally add, and we’re told that, contrary to rumours floating around on social media, they will be spending money on bringing players to the club.

please log in to view this image

Stewart Donald updated fans via Twitter yesterday regarding the club’s transfer situation - but we’re told that despite his claims they’re hoping to add more than the 4 or 5 players he alluded to
    @StewartDonald3 on Twitter
    We’re also told that “we’re after good players” who “have good CVs” that the fans will hopefully be happy with - so fingers crossed that everything goes well and they’re capable of getting the deal over the line sooner rather than later.

The team head to Hartlepool United this weekend before taking a jaunt down the east coast to face Grimsby Town on Tuesday, and the hope is that, at the very least, by the time we cross the border to take on St Mirren we’ll have some new faces on board and on the pitch for the game.

We don’t have any names to bring you at this stage, but the news does sound initially promising and at least shows that the recruitment team aren’t sitting on their hands whilst the time passes.

smithy in nl likes this.
  2. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Don't see the need to two centre mids unless both Cattermole and Honeyman depart.

Two centre backs and two strikers are an absolute must though even if there aren't anymore departures.

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think we need CMs just as much as any position, it's a key role and we're very weak there.

Burly Hurley and marcusblackcat like this.
  4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Cattermole should be able to boss that position in this league.....

Pretty sure most of us said the same before the start of last season!! And he didn't!!

I agree we need that position definitely

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean his level of quality on the ball will be at least up to par but is he suddenly going to be strong and fast enough for the league? I can't see it.

Honeyman not a bad little player (little being operative word) and I like Robson but we can hardly pin all our hopes on them. We need someone to do the dirty work like that nasty git at West Brom, Yacob I think it is.

clockstander likes this.
  6. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Yep,
    Spot on we need a mix of young eager players and few big fit bruisers brought in to give the team some balance, before the season starts in earnest.