1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunday's Daily Racing Thread 26th May - Darts/Fancies

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by rudebwoy, May 26, 2013.

1. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

ahoy there, as i'm off out this morning on me bike, thought i'd kick off with a horse who should be backed in the 4 50 Utt-Key Cutter at 8/1--course winner, loves good/fast ground--shouldbe spot on after his pipe opener lto-- stable in good form , j greenall rode a winnerlast time for them. He has most to fear from top weight Don't Tell Sailor--i'll be doing a win and an r/f . blessings to all who gamble...

2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

15:55 Curragh - Maureen

(Not far behind at Newmarket and seems to go on all types of ground she has encountered so far. Going today will help her get the trip. Sporting bet at 5/1 BOG).

GL all! <ok>

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Beautifully bred Ballydoyle colt in the first at the Curragh - Sir John Hawkins by Henrythenavigator out of Peeping Fawn. Hopefully he's inherited his father's speed and his mother's toughness, and not vice-versa. Won't make you rich at 6/5 but his breeding really is superb.

4. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

I loved Peeping Fawn

5. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Uttoxeter 2.30 Paddy The Hare

Finally Dr Newland has found the right opportunity to give this horse a deserved win. 11/8

Irish 1000 Just The Judge

6. tward07

tward07 Well-Known Member

Abbey Garth - 2.10 Kelso

Was in my tracker this morning and made a promising return LTO, although finished well beaten behind Pine Creek. That was on soft and the horse won its bumper on good ground so todays conditions should prove ideal. Champ isnt on board but Brian Harding should do a good enough job and is/was available at 4/1 although a horse has now just been withdrawn.

7. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

One fancy in the Irish 1000- Harasiya 14/1 e.w is well thought of by John Oxx. She looked very talented without being totally straightforward last year, and Oxx is happy with her physically. He is concerned that she might need soft ground but she ran well on varying surfaces last season- in fact her best win visually was probably her maiden and that was on good ground. She disappointed on yielding ground when My Special Js reversed the form, but that was off a pathetic pace and that doesn't help a filly who stays so strongly like this one.

She is drawn next door to Just The Judge, and should get a beautiful tow into this race. She will be handy and hopefully she can do a Sky Lantern (2.75L 3rd to her in last years Moyglare) and wear down the leader late on.

Oxx says she has been slow to com to hand but that she is pretty ready for this. I'm sure that if she was not, she would not be lining up.

8. hawkeye

hawkeye Well-Known Member

Anyone got an opinion on Camelot vs Al Kazeem? I'm wanting to back Al kazeem but can't decide to or not.

9. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Camelot will win this hard-held. A weak Group 1 that will just bolster his record for when they whisk him off to stud.

Al Kazeem is a solid animal but there is no way he is a Group 1 horse, surely? He beat Thomas Chippendale 1 length last time out- nonsense form. He was hammered by Sea Moon at York in the Great Volt and nailed by Green Destiny also. He travels well into his races but I'm not convinced he truly sees them out like it looks he will.

Camelot will head to Royal Ascot and by the sounds of things, won't see a rival there either. There is not a lot left in the middle distance department this year. Nathaniel, Danedream are gone & SNA will go his own route- Camelot looks to have a relatively easy passage to get some easy Group 1s. Unless Dawn Approach changes things on Saturday and wins the Derby by a margin!

10. hawkeye

hawkeye Well-Known Member

Al Kazeem could still be improving though. Quite lightly raced. Just doubts about Camelots true ability puts me off. Obviously he needs to step up from beating Tom chip but it was his first run of the season

11. OddDog

Staff Member

She was a magnificent filly Bob. To think she managed to finish 3rd in the Irish 1000 when she was crying out for a trip. Given a better ride at Epsom she would have won the Oaks but then she just went bang-bang-bang-bang and rattled off 4 Group 1s in 2 months, each one more impressive than the last. She also ran 10 times as a 3YO between April 1st and August 22nd <yikes> tough as teak she was <ok>

12. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

An interesting day at Chester races with the misses and few friends yesterday. It was billed as Roman Day which the local lasses celebrated by exposing as much cellulite as they possible could! Not so much mutton dressed as lamb but more kebab meat dressed as mutton. Racing for change will be pleased in that it clearly attracts lots of 'new' racing fans to the sport and fills the coffers. However with all the corporate and food/drink outlets in the middle of the course the racing fan can't see the horses until they enter the home straight. The best view of the racing ironically is outside the course on the town wall. Good day but wouldn't rush back.
    As for today's fayre I like the each way chances of Burlington Bertie, Venceremos and Trip the Light at Uttoxeter and Brilliant Barca at Fontwell. A little ew lucky 15. At the Curragh I'll be having a very speculative ew dabble on the New Approach filly Bunairgead in 1000 guineas.
    Good luck all.

13. OddDog

Staff Member

Sad to hear that about Chester Chaninbar - used to be a fabulous sight watching the field all the way around the 7 furlongs. Typical short-sightedness to block off the view with VIP lounges <doh>

I'm sorely tempted to play the Paul Nicholls double at Fontwell this afternoon - Saint Roque in the handicap hurdle off 116 and Themilanhorse in the handicap chase off 132 both look capable of winning rather modest events and the double pays around 10/1.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lovely filly she was. Hope she makes a nice brood mare. However, I believe it's quite rare for highly successful fillies to make successful brood mares (some theory about testosterone levels). Can anyone name some for me (Other than Urban Sea)?

15. OddDog

Staff Member

5.00 Kelso Harry Flashman - not one for going in large on Hunter Chases so just a modest e/w bet on good old Harry Flashman today. He was the unluckiest of losers on his seasonal reappearance, having jumped the field into submission he just got tired / lonely on the run in and was collared by Back On The Road just before the line. Hopefully he will be ridden with a little more restraint today as he made most last time and that may just have cost him. Around the 5/1 mark today and with Special Portrait a non-runner he looks a very decent e/w bet to nothing.

16. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

That's a major problem with UK racing, Oddy, these bloody VIP lounges, tents, and the like. When will they get it into their thick heads that these 'gadgets' do not enhance horseracing and do not attact real racegoers in general, just people who want to be seen, regardless of the event, be it horseracing or otherwise. Royal Ascot is a prime example. Only went once or twice in my life. The very finest flat racing spoilt by far too many utter nitwits, roaming around in strange clothes and strange hats. End of rant. <yikes>

17. OddDog

Staff Member

What about good old Maoi Chinn Tire in the lucky last at Uttoxeter? Once won a listed juvenil hurdle at 200/1 beating the likes of Grandouet, but has struggled to live up to that subsequently. Goes off a paltry 115 today, has a decent record fresh and ground to suit. 8/1 looks worth a small e/w dabble.

Here comes Peeping Fawn's young 'un - let's see how he goes. 5/2 feels like a massive price.

18. OddDog

Staff Member

**** me how has that gone off 2/1 with that breeding? Did it very nicely in the end, having to pull round horses and put the race to bed very nicely. Lovely prospect.

19. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Shout Oddy.

She was a magnificent horse.Strangely unraced at two and beaten in three maidens before getting off the mark.

Roast Pork with roast potatoes,roasted onion,peppers and courgette and cider gravy.

A big bottle of Chainti Classico as well.

20. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Nice run from the second there as well...Jim Bolger can't be accused of not backing his own stallion Intense Focus...loads of offspring from his first crop in the Bolger string this year.