1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunday 4th December - Daily Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Dec 3, 2011.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

(nearly crimbo, not far away,come on chief tell us how many days)

Racing comes from Kelso, Warwick & The House of Fairy

the card from Fairyhouse is awesome

the english card so so, but i think i can place pot the northern card (honest) watch this space sparky (lost your number by the way)
    also for Cyc there is woodbine (could be a drag)
    and for Oddy Dortmund

waiting for the text of willie
    the fat lads have text to get on early check out fugees

im sure they will let me put them up here later !!!!!

Stay FROSTY

keep the faith and keep posting

2. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Eyre Square
    Sa Suffit
    Our Joe MAC
    Dancing Dik

trust me they win or place you work them out

ok ok

OJM wins
    ES wins
    The other 2 there or there abouts

Strong Knight wins as well

Kelso on sunday could be my lottery win

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

As you've been gracious enough to include Woodbine in your DT, I thought I'd take a look at the Stakes race on the card, a $150,000 14f event. The small put entertaining race should develop into a really tactical affair. On paper it does look a race in three, Eagle Poise, Afleet Again and Eye On The Leopard. Afleet Again is coming into this, off the back of a win in the $500,000 G2 Breeder's Cup Marathon at Churchill Downs, so he'll take some beating here. The other two Eagle Poise and Eye On The Leopard clashed last start, with the former just getting on top, but the latter has worked the better, and the market suggests that he might turn the tables here. But can they beat the Marathon winner? Probably not.

Afleet Again.
    Eye On The Leopard.
    Eagle Poise.

<applause> for the DT.

PS I think I like Eyre Square as well, but also like Outlaw Tom and Double Default. The latter will get in with 9.7. And over 4 miles, ya' never know.

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Not the worst card in the world at Kelso with Lie Forrit finally getting back to the track, the Scottish Borders National (one for Cyc) and the fascinating Monteith Memorial Champion Chase at 2.00. The Paul Nicholls / Harry Derham combination is a rare sight at the scottish track but they have a strong contender in Take The Breeze but he still feels a little high in the weights for my liking. Skippers Brig is capable but surely this is a first stepping-stone to Aintree? Always Right is highly respected after his fine effort behind Beshabar in the Scottish National, goes well fresh and trip and going hold no terrors for him. But the one I am going to have a dabble on is Nicky Richards Premier Sagas (NAP). He had an impressive novice season in the North and went to the festival well fancied for the big novices handicap chase. However he was never travelling on the lively ground and was sensibly pulled up by Jason Maguire. His final run of last season confirmed he needs cut, beaten 50 lengths in a Grade 2 at Ayr on Good ground. He had a pipe-opener a few weeks ago behind Stagecoach Pearl but again the going was good and he plodded on without ever being able to match the speed of the principles. I expect today to be a much different race with the extended trip and soft ground, and it is worth mentioning that Premier Sagas is a sound jumper with not a single F or U to his name. Off a mark of 137 with the excellent Dougie Costello in the plate I expect him to go very close today. 8/1 looks a decent e/way price.

Expect various Cheltenham markets to be shaken up after today's Fairyhouse meeting. The Royal Bond features Sous Les Cieux and Galileos Choice, both of whom are prominent in the Supreme Novices Hurdle betting. But this is far from a 2 horse race with the 2 Gigginstown runners in there and it would be a brave man to take 11/10 about Sous Les Cieux this morning. Midnight Game at double figure odds is certainly interesting but the value punt in the race looks to be Dermot Weld's son of Galileo who was quietly fancied for the Melbourne Cup before those plans had to be scrapped. In the Drinmore I expect First Lieutenant to carry on his excellent progress towards the RSA Chase at the festival whilst super mare Volar La Vedette can take the Hatton's Grace against the boys.

Best of luck everyone

5. OddDog

Staff Member

Learnt my lesson from yesterday (having backed Gibb River WIN ONLY <doh>) ahd have taken 8/1 e/w (BOG) on Premier Sagas.

Also done a "Bluesky" (tenner trixie and a tenner treble) on Galileo's Choice, First Lieutenant and Volar La Vedette in Ireland.

Just shy of a grand back if those come in <ok>

6. OddDog

Staff Member

Come on Cyc, where's your pick for the Scottish Borders National? I bet you're lazing at the beach in your "Budgie Smugglers" again <laugh>

7. Cyclonic

No Budgie smugglers for me. Ya' can't fit an elephant trunk in those things. I'm sort of caught between a rock and a hard place with the national Oddy. Reveley climbs off the bottom one to ride the family horse, so is he just being loyal, or has it a better chance? So I thought I'd step to the side and choose Outlaw Tom, named after my brother. Nobody ever believes me when I tell 'em I have a brother called Outlaw. <whistle>

8. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

SL 'Going' advises us that the ground is riding soft in Mauritius.

Oh, I see, there's an International meeting there, sorry! <doh>

9. OddDog

Staff Member

Cyc <laugh> reminds me of that Tommy Cooper joke:

"They say 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. Well there's 5 people in my family so one of us must be Chinese. There's mum, dad, me, my brother Colin and my brother Hu Chang Wang. I think it's Colin"

10. OddDog

Staff Member

Must be monsoon season Swanny. Any picks for Dortmund then? According to Sporting Life they are all wearing black silks. Is the meeting sponsored by the NPD? <laugh>

11. SwanHills

Cyc. God I hope not. Thank goodness, they are not allowed their parades down here, strangely, as the predominant political colour here is most certainly black, and has been for a 100 years or more (mayor of Munich is Labour (SPD) though). So the Bavarian state government do have a bit of sense. Banning the NPD altogether might be counterproductive though, just send them underground? Here endeth today's political notes from me..............<yikes>

Nothing for Dortmund. Taking a look at Kelso, etc., right now. As Oddy just said, racing is not so bad up there. Glad I did not have a bet yesterday, would have found nothing! Have a good Sunday evening mate! <ok>

12. Cyclonic

13. SwanHills

<laugh> Tks Cyc, great memories..............

14. Cyclonic

No laughing out loud. A quiet smirk is permitted though. From what I gather Kelso with some give in it, is a tester. So I've had a quick peek and come up with the following. Nothing but bolters allowed. Anyone wants to have a crack, feel free. All each way.

12:30. Momkinzain 50-1.
    13:00. Cassius. 28-1.
    13:30. Willie hall. 12-1.
    14:00. Chief Dan George. 16-1.
    14:30. Outlaw Tom. 10-1.
    15:00. Water Colours. 8-1.
    15:30. Hathamore. 10-1.

Remember now, smirking is only allowed behind the hand.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Cyc, I've just spent the last half an hour watching Tommy Cooper sketches.

16. Cyclonic

No worries mate.

17. barney 72

barney 72 New Member

kelso 12 30 , our joe mac , for me

18. SwanHills

Had a little e/w double on Amos/Gillies combination in 1st & 3rd races at Kelso, Eurohunter and Willie Hall.

...and nap for the day is Captain Americo in the 14:30 at Kelso.

GL all!

19. NTD is the man

Just backed [stormy galeB] at 25/1
    By mistake as I was thinking
    [storming gale /B]
    DOH here's hoping I get lucky 2.10 warwick

20. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Afternoon

Sous Les Cieux 12.50 Fairyhouse

First Lietunenant 1.20 Fairyhouse

Singles and double