1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 27th. November 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Nov 26, 2022.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Sunday's Meetings

Navan
    N/H 7 Races 12:20-3:20p.m.
    Carlisle
    N/H 7 Races 12:30-3:30p.m.
    Leicester
    N/H 7 Races 12:40-3:40p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Navan
    Very small bet
    14,20 Rambranlt'jac 28/1 e/w Lads five places, 25/1 WH and sky six places

SP might be a bit better, but you never know

Edit: now 40/1 with PP and betfair.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    GOLDBONES likes this.
  3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Very interested to see how Soaring Glory goes on chase debut at Carlisle today. He was entered in the Fulke Walwyn Trophy at Newbury last Friday but didn’t run (one assumes due to the ground).

Pilgrim and GOLDBONES like this.
  4. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Carlisle
    230 the galloping bear 5/2 in places but average 2s

gazboy, Pilgrim and GOLDBONES like this.
  5. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Looks a very interesting race at Carlisle. That is one course who is getting things right for NH racing, they consistently get the better horses travelling to race at the course.

I like Applaus in the first and I think Emma Smith-Chaston is quite an under appreciated conditional. She is going along with a 19% strike rate so far this season.

6. You See

Leicester 240
    Good impresion 10/3 good has been in great form and could well get a hatrick of wins today with bottom weight and a 7lb claim . The fav returns after a long break and is yet to be tested in these conditions with the weight .

gazboy and Pilgrim like this.
  7. NassauBoard

On the other side of my Carlisle point is Leicester racecourse which today has the brilliant going description that includes 'heavy' and 'firm'

"GOING Hurdle - GOOD TO SOFT, Soft in places, Heavy in Home Straight; Chase - GOOD TO FIRM, Firm in places, Soft on the flat crossings (Hurdle 5.1, Chase 7.9) (Showers)"

That to me doesn't say anything other than horrible course mismanagement. The place needs shutting down for jumps racing.

Chaninbar and OddDog like this.
  8. OddDog

Staff Member

Barmy!

Agree about Carlisle, perhaps the BHA can reward them by upgrading the Colin Parker Memorial Chase?

9. OddDog

Staff Member

The 3YO hurdle at Navan should be worth watching - 2 races for the price of one with the runners from the powerful yards up front and the rest plodding round in their own time. Notebooks out for embryonic chasers and hopefully the cameramen/women have wide-angle lenses.

10. You See

Never been but there going format has been like that for years , i have often wondered if a track day would help with the logic . You forgot to mention it is always being watered too lol

11. NassauBoard

I wouldn't bother visiting, mediocre at best, and I still have no idea which parts of the course they are supposed to be racing on. Place needs turning into housing.

12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Navan
    12,50 Kudasheva 7/2

Sugarrush likes this.
  13. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Harsh <laugh> surely a change of management would suffice, I mean look what it's done for the tories:emoticon-0110-tongu

14. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Looking at a satellite view of the course, it appears that the hurdle races are run on what would be the flat course and the chase fences are on the inside on the stands’ side, the outside on the far side and the same ground is used on the bends (no fences or hurdles) for both.

The disparity between the going reports suggests that there is simply different soil under different areas of the course. Either that or they have a terrible watering system (why would they be watering in November?).

15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Yesterday, I had two tips. One was a non-runner – ironically from the Skelton yard that won the big race with the well backed favourite about which no information was forthcoming. The other won despite my own reservations about it.

So it is do not shoot the messenger (again) today. This comes from the source of the non-runner so the cynic in me expects it to be withdrawn at the start. <laugh>

Navan 2:20 – Frontal Assault; won a five runner race at Galway last time, previously runner-up in the Irish National.

I have no idea where this one actually came from as my mate knows nobody at Gordon Elliott’s yard; but you are not going to get rich as it is 3/1 favourite in a huge field (eight of the nineteen are Elliott’s) and, like yesterday’s winner (different source), it is the Timeform selection in the SportLife.com race comments.

Sugarrush likes this.
  16. NassauBoard

Different types of soil? You mean in perfect layers that go around the course? The whole place is on clayey loam.

Unfortunately they watered the flat course throughout the summer to maintain "safe" ground (85 of 127 of the races this summer were on "good" ground when viewing the times). They must have left the chase track alone when watering during the very dry summer.

17. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Think I’ll take you on at the prices with Nells Son . A bit more experience might make the difference.

18. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Maid O’Malley can’t go unpacked at the price. This front runner run well for a long way in the mares chase at the festival and will give the fave something to think about.

19. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Then that is quite possibly the case.

On the satellite image (Racing Post website) there are no hurdles (guessing image taken in summer, hurdles easily removed) but the fences, ditches and the water jump can clearly be seen.

At the time of writing the penetrometer readings given for today by the racecourse are 5.2 and 7.1, so that is some serious amount of watering. The clerk of the course is Jimmy Stevenson, whose name does not sound very French. <laugh>

20. You See

I agree with Emma absolutly loving life at the moment and it is a great claim on Applause but i will have small stakes on wor verge as wor is in fine fettle and Hurst is looking like a good claimer too . I will rf aswell with applause .