1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 25th. July 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jul 24, 2021.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

#, Grendel, Pilgrim and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Uttoxeter
    14,50 Montanna 5/1

#, Grendel, karlos5001 and 1 other person like this.
  3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Double it up with Butte Montana for the Montana double.

Pilgrim, SwanHills and karlos5001 like this.
  4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

15:55 Musselburgh - Drawdown

(Hopeful trainer Bryan Smart's 2yo filly by Profitable out of Choisir mare, Choisette, will acquit herself well in this 5f sprint. Graham Lee gets the ride. 7/1 generally available at time of writing.)

Then I'll sit and watch Uttoxeter, a NH track I find to be a right old puzzle at times! :emoticon-0112-wonde :bandit:
    Best of luck to Pilgrim and Nass! <ok>

#, Pilgrim, karlos5001 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Not a great days racing but the big field sprint at Musselburgh is interesting. Jim Goldie is having a good go at landing it with four entered but I liked prolific winner Gunnerside despite the 6 lbs rise in the weights.

The grey began the season rated 50 but has progressed to 78 now via six wins. His form turn has looked to coincide with being raced over 5F and there was only one blip when 5th at Haydock when 6/4 Fav. Hard to know what happened there but he just didn't really pick up and seemed flat before getting a little burst going in the dying stages. Whatever happened there it was quickly left in the rear-view mirror because just two days later he came through off a hold up ride to take it up and comfortably score, hitting the line with his ears pricked. He was winning from the same 72 mark he ran off at Haydock and it looked a clear career best. Up 6 lbs for that win I am not sure that will stop him going close today. The big field should ensure he gets cover and my main concern is whether he gets a clear run.

The Bell Conductor is unexposed and despite being all out when winning last time he was my reverse forecast pick.

5.15 Musselburgh Gunnerside 13/2

Gunnerside/The Bell Conductor RF

#, Pilgrim, karlos5001 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

Afternoon all, I see Paul Nichols has a single runner at Uttoxeter today which may be nothing or a tip in itself. Just seems far enough for 1 runner. 4.00 RYTHEM IS A DANCER 5/2

7. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

My TV picks today... Lucky 15 win with an EW roll up. I'll probably put a separate win bet on one or two of them, also.

4.45 - Ninky Nonk
    5.15 - Glory fighter
    6.15 - Fred
    6.40 - Gabrial The One

# likes this.
  8. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

Last, sums up my luck atm.

9. SwanHills

Very disappointing, Needs a lot more time if filly ever makes it to the winners' enclosure, that's for sure.

10. SwanHills

In the last at Uttoxeter (17:00), backed Jimmy The Digger LTO only for it to be a non-runner in the end. So, repeat the dose, and see if the admirable NH rider Tom O'Brien can get the gelding home for top NH trainer Henry Daly.

Pilgrim and # like this.

11. SwanHills

My goodness, did anyone watch this race? What an astonishing ride by Tom O'Brien. How he stayed on board after a desperate mistake by his mount on the first circuit, I will never know. Tom gave the horse plenty of time to recover but it looked as though his chance had gone. But Jimmy The Digger gradually got back into it and, in the end. won quite 'comfortably'! I remember Tom O'Brien doing a similar thing a few years back at Fakenham, in which his horse lost some 10-lengths at the start for some reason or other. Tom slowly got the horse back into the race and, in the end, swept past the whole field and won going away! Some jumps jockey is Tom O'Brien! <applause>

12. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Gunnerside ran a cracker but could only manage second place. He just seemed to be cocking his head slightly when coming through to challenge on the rail and though he finished well the Fav had gone from the front and held on by 3/4 of a length.

A good effort in a competitive race but seconditis continues for me. The Bell Conductor had an off day and I was surprised to see him shorter than Gunnerside in the betting. I may well give Gunnerside another go, as he has been pretty consistent and genuine looking.