1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 11th. April 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

2. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

The Irish 2000 Guineas trial looks a bit weak and Aidan is sending lesser lights here. Monaasib and Poetic Flare have good 2YO form and are heading the market but I thought last year's Anglesey winner A Case Of You may be the value here. He dropped back to 6F in a minor race last time but travelled through and stayed on strongly to win cosily. Stepping back up to 7F should help and he only has 3 lbs to find on official ratings. The fitness advantage should help and the son of Hot Streak looks the bet at 5/1. I would have him 3/1 Fav myself.

2.10 Leopardstown A Case Of You 5/1

My first decent bet this season.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Kelso
    15,05 Mannochmore 12/1 e/w bet365

Leopardstown
    14,40 Joan Of Arc 10/1 e/w (four places)

4. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Going against Grendels selection in 2.10 with Poetic Flare 3/1. Trainer Jim Bolger has started the season well and my selection is C&D winner. Should go close
    Ryan Moore has selected Shale in 2.40 but that has not put me off backing Empress Josephine 5/1 with the Heff maestro in the saddle.

5. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

17:11 Kelso - Well Educated

(Don't often back favourites but at 6/4 this could be a good bet. Certainly sets the standard in this event. Brian Hughes rides for trainer J. J. Quinn.)

6. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210411_112032.jpg
    These are mine for today. Couldn't be arsed typing them all as I'm on my phone

SwanHills, SaveTheHumans and Pilgrim like this.
  7. smokethedeadbadger

I liked Monaasib in this but not enough to actually back it so left the race alone. Good luck with yours

Pilgrim likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the 1000Gns trial I like the pedigrees of Empress Josephine and Mehnah and both are unbeaten so, at 8/1 apiece I'll settle for those

9. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

So racing next Saturday put back until the Sunday. So can I suggest a daily thread on Saturday that concentrates on the great dukes racist comments?

rudebwoy likes this.
  10. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

You mean things like slitty eyes and darkies, good old fashioned racism until the snowflakes have stopped it ? <laugh>

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Mannochmore won.

SwanHills, Ste D, Grendel and 2 others like this.
  12. Grendel

Gutted with the way A Case Of You ran. Backed from 5/1 to 9/4 seemed a good sign but he was god awful. That was too bad to be true and he weakened dramatically, whereas last time he was strong at the finish. Hard to fathom what happened there and the irony is that if he were 9/4 yesterday I would not have touched him.

Poetic Flare did it nicely but Monaasib was a little bit disappointing. I suspected that this was Aiden's C team and it looked that way. I doubt that this will affect the Guineas market.

I didn't do the Fillies trial. Shale struck me as a 2YO without long term scope, she got the better of Pretty Gorgeous a couple of times last season but was well beaten in the Fillies Mile and she lacked physical scope, being outclassed in the paddock by the more imposing Joseph O'Brien filly. The race preview today stated that other fillies may well have caught up with her over the winter and she drifted from 2/1 to 7/2 so the signs were there. The 80/1 winner was 5th off 93 in a Handicap three weeks ago and that has to cast a massive shadow on this as a trial for the Guineas.

I said after Joan Of Arc's last run that she was a joke price for the Guineas and she was surely exposed today as short of class. Empress Josephine had a lot to find with Shale but the bigger worry for me today was that she was dropping a furlong in trip and going from Heavy to Good ground today, so it was a much bigger emphasis on speed today,

Mehnah is probably unlucky and the one to take from the race but it looked a very weak renewal. Last year's race saw only 2 wins from 62 subsequent runs and this didn't look Group 3 stuff today. Perhaps time to drop this to Listed Class, as the colts version already is.

13. Grendel

Bolshoi Ballet is getting a reasonable price in the Ballysax at 3/1.

Just about the strongest form here, he was pitched in deep into Group 1 company on heavy ground when he was 7th but that was no disgrace in the circumstances. Taipan is fancied by Harrington apparently and has been backed today.

Lough Derg is one I looked at for the Derby thread but he is out of a sprinter in Easton Angel. Also well backed here but surely will have stamina questions for Epsom if he gets there.

Decided just to watch this one.

stick likes this.
  14. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

I think you , stick and Rudey should lead the protests, contact the racing authorities and football leagues. :emoticon-0100-smile

You ll probably be told to engage brains and accept that some people have a different view..

15. stick

stick Bumper King

There I was thinking you might have taken your warning on board. Just cant help but have the last word can you. Your view is the only one that matters isnt it.

16. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

<laugh>

17. stick

stick Bumper King

Having some weekend my man!

18. smokethedeadbadger

Its not all about just having different views. By all means have a televised funeral for a much loved and respected member of the Royal Family ( a point a lot of people also don't agree with) and let the people who want to watch that watch it. Why should other stuff that people are interested in be cancelled to make way? Keep the racing/football etc... on and people can choose to watch what they want or watch the funeral. Its not a lack of respect if things were to carry on as normal.(those who are interested will watch the funeral regardless). Its the forcing it down peoples throats. 'We're cancelling everything so you must watch the Duke be laid to rest'. That's not respecting people who have different views.

Ste D, rudebwoy and stick like this.
  19. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

THREAD CLOSED

stick, smokethedeadbadger and Ron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.