1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

50-50

No they havent but some have been leaked

Evans 6
    Maddison 10
    Silva 23
    Diabate 27
    Maguire 15
    Benaloune 29

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

I'll be glad when it's all over!

Apart from the possible Slimani to Fenerbache deal we don't seem to be shipping out any of the surplus players. Although i know we can deal with the championship and overseas but expected a few more exits by today.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Ulloa signed a permanent deal to move to a undisclosed Mexican club.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are just waiting on work permit and the Çağlar Söyüncü deal will been done as well - could take a couple of days though.

Pachuca apparently.

FYI the window is closed for players coming in, players can still leave to join foreign teams which is why Slimani deal could take a while.

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Vardy has apparently signed a new 4 year deal - would be the perfect player to bring on as a late sub if he stays in good condition.

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

What a great window, ironically the only one that could be unhappy would be Evans. Think we have covered Mahrez with a combination of Parera and Maddison. Choice of playing captain will be interesting. Morgan to stay club captain with Maguire on the pitch?

7. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Can see it being Evans or Schmeichel but should be Maguire really. Got to be pleased with it, but do wonder how Evans, Maguire (nailed on), the 2 new signings and Morgan can all be kept happy

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Will be Morgan, Kasper and Vardy in that order as per before - after them I'd give it to the most experienced players who have been here for more then one season like Fuchs or Iborra.

Evans has to prove that he isn't just an experienced backup as he is injured and has to fight for his place - hopefully Puel won't do what he did with Morgan and drop someone who was playing well for him like he did with Dragovic.

Maguire has to prove he isn't a one season wonder and also where his loyalty is at - rumours are that his head was turned quite a lot.

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

In reality, wouldn’t your head also be turned? As a neutral, I think I would be

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Either act on it or don't - apparently he didn't tell anyone at the club even informally that he wanted the move which is why all the bids were rejected out of hand. We might have negotiated if he said something or at least told him to put in a transfer request.

If this now affects his performances, he is to blame.

11. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

And what is your source for this blatant speculation (champions of England ......lol ?)

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not as that guy could have just asked his board member uncle or whatever.

My sources are people who are "in the know" i.e. the equivalent to guys in pubs which is why I wrote "apparently".

13. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Playing captain has to be someone guaranteed his spot so wont be Morgan (club captain yes). Captain is the only one in theory who can talk to the ref so cant imagine being any good for Kasper to go charging up field every time there is a foul. Vardy is too intense and hot headed in a game to be talking to the ref so that leaves Maguire. In my opinion.

14. Proud Fox

To summarise the window

We all knew that Riyad would go and which is a shame. Im disappointed how we reacted to replacing him and very underwhelmed how we did with Rachid Ghezzal.

Apart from that we addressed all the issues. We needed a number 10 and got James Maddison. Im very happy with him signing

We sorted out the right back issue with Periera

For years we have needed more depth and younger players at centre half. Morgan and Huth have been amazing for us for years but the time had come 12-18 months ago to freshen up. Huth has left and Big Wes should now be back up. Jonny Evans at £3.5M is a steal. Ive never heard of Filip Benkovic and Caglar Soyuncu so cant comment too much on them but young hungry defenders is what we need.

Danny Ward hopefully is the first keeper who can actually challenge Kasper for his shirt. Kasper didnt have his best season last year but thats 1 off season out of 7. He had a superb World Cup

We managed to shift some expensive deadwood in Ahmed Musa and by the sounds of it Slimani and Ulloa are on the verge of leaving aswell. Josh Gordon also left permanently

I expect King, Simpson and Kapustka will leave aswell more then likely on loan to the Championship. Or back to Poland for Bartosz

I will give us an 8/10 for the window. Would have been a 9 had we sort a better replacement for Riyad but I will give Ghezzal a chance

Foxy in Foyle, BigFox and nzfoxfan like this.
  15. Proud Fox

Kasper has always been the vice captain and Vardy had the armband at the end of last season

Vincente Iborra was the Sevilla captain, Fuchs Austria, Evans West Brom, Silva Sporting so we do have alot of leaders in the team.

16. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Sums it up wel tbh. My only disappointment is the winger situation but hey, maybe Ghezzal will be a revelation.
    Getting the money we spent on Musa back was great business

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Many teams have captains who aren't starters such as Danny Batth for Wolves this season - they are the guys that both the coaching staff and players respect who is the first point of contact if there are any issues.

As Proud Fox has stated above, we have a lot of natural leaders on the pitch so the main duty for the captain there is just being the guy that calls heads or tails at the coin flip.

18. Proud Fox

Mexican side Pachuna have annouced they have signed Leonardo Ulloa

Yet to be confirmed by us but he doesnt have a squad number

19. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Think we had a good transfer window overall.

Feel with our options now, we surely should be looking at 3-5-2, Chilwell and Pereira looked great when going forward, very confident. Would still give you space for Ndidi and Silva to sit and dictate and accommodate Vardy and Iheanacho with Maddison behind. Why replace Mahrez when you don't even need out and out wingers <ok>

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Slimani has joined Fenerbace - this is how they announced the signing <laugh>